By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Breath of the Wild—First Zelda game

Apparently, I can't spoiler tag on my phone so I'll just be cryptic.

My second playthrough I didn't hoard weapons... except for certain ones that just didn't feel right wasting. They belonged to someone else. I just stored them somewhere and looked at them with pride from time to time.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
I never hoard weapons in the game. They are literally just ammo. I just used whatever was available.

It adds so much flavor and spontaneity to gameplay.

Beautifully said.

If you look on weapons as things to be preserved in BOTW, you're just making it less fun for yourself. Don't get attached to them, they are there to be used.

Apparently there was a system update last night that gives us the ability to map buttons to whatever we like. You can totally customize the controls now.

Too late for me. I'm too used to the current setup. But for you, there's a chance!

curl-6 said:
BlackBeauty said:
I never hoard weapons in the game. They are literally just ammo. I just used whatever was available.

It adds so much flavor and spontaneity to gameplay.

Beautifully said.

If you look on weapons as things to be preserved in BOTW, you're just making it less fun for yourself. Don't get attached to them, they are there to be used.

Plus, the game is balanced to get you more powerful weapons the longer you play. So hoarding a powerful weapon might be a weaker weapon in 10-20 hours, even if you don't do any of the Divine Beasts in that period.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

One piece of advice that I can give about BoTW is to forget whatever limitations normal games have put on your puzzle solving skills and character actions within the game world! This game pretty much allows you to go where ever you like, solve puzzles in countless ways and use the games mechanics to tackle all of your enemies in extremely fun ways... It starts to really come to life when your imagination runs wild with, I wonder if I can get this over world boss to fight that one over there and how can I manipulated these game mechanics to do whatever!

What sold BoTW from a gameplay standpoint was when it first came out and so many people were playing, yet having completely unique experiences just on the plateau section alone.

Around the Network

While BotW doesn't hold your hand, it does guide you into an easier path if you follow the main quest. On my first playthrough, I went to Kakariko first as indicated by the main quest (doing shrines and korok seeds I saw along the way). This "unlocks" the Divine Beasts quest and the closest one to Kakariko is Vah Ruta in Zora's Domain which also happens to be the easiest to reach (weaker enemies, no special clothing required) and it also gives you a power that helps A LOT for the rest of the game.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 15 April 2020

Signature goes here!

Yeah it is well worth experimenting with the elemental chemistry stuff, you can find some very cool results.

People are still discoveering stuff you can do in BOTW years later.

Holy shit, this game sucks, its just not for me, too much shit to do. Reminds me of AC:O, too big for its own good.
Having a blast with the LA remake tho, maybe im just too old school.

loy310 said:
Holy shit, this game sucks, its just not for me, too much shit to do. Reminds me of AC:O, too big for its own good.
Having a blast with the LA remake tho, maybe im just too old school.

What's LA?

Mar1217 said:
d21lewis said:

What's LA?

You seriously don't remember Link's trip in Los Angeles ?!

😂😂😂 I feel like a fool. I actually bought Link's Awakening on day one! Don't know why it didn't register.