By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Disgaea numbers seem quite low to me so shortly before launch, even when adding up all platforms and versions together. Is the series too niche or how come?

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Disgaea numbers seem quite low to me so shortly before launch, even when adding up all platforms and versions together. Is the series too niche or how come?

Nippon Ichi Software basically lives off the western sales of their IPs (as well as others sold by NIS America) to survive.

This is totally ironic because when translated, Nippon Ichi Software means "Japan First Software"

I haven't seen NIS with any decent sized hit in Japan in the past 5 years. Even Compile Heart has heathier domestic sales than them.

For instance, the Switch version of Disgaea 5 Complete sold just 5k copies in Japan.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 15 January 2021

Demo took effect today. A massive jump for MHR

+15 for Monster Hunter Rise in a day, nice. The demo and new trailer seems to have reminded people that it's coming.

bodes well for MHR and Bowser's Fury since NSW sales multiplier is huge.

Last edited by LGBTDBZBBQ - on 15 January 2021

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I think I checked awhile ago, and Disgaea 5 didn't even chart. Only reason Disgaea 6 is charting now is the fall of COMG! and retail sales in general.

Good day for MH and Mario. And here is Pokemon Snap making it's debut.

Fantastic day for MHR. Great lead into a likely strong weekend.

Another great day for Monster Hunter Rise. And it's nice to see SM3DW getting some points too.

Rise hitting them high notes, looking forward to seeing its opening sales.