By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

curl-6 said:

Surprised that Shin-chan game isn't higher since I heard it got a lot of buzz in Japan upon its reveal, it's reveal trailer on Nintendo of Japan's youtube channel has over 2 million view for instance.

I don't think COMG is the best barometer

Baseball Spirits also doesn't have a lot of points but it's expected that it's launch will be over 100K and lifetime sales will probably easily surpass 300K. The other thing about Japanese Youtube channel is that generally games like Shin-chan which are exclusive to Japan get a pretty good chunk of views from outside of Japan. Earth Defense Force 30 for example is the 2nd most viewed trailed on NintendoJP's channel from E3.

Shin-chan definitely has good buzz and has been in the Top 50 on Amazon.co.jp for the past month; so I'd expect it to easily have an initial shipment of around 100K across retailers - but again we will see COMG results for these more casual games become apparent in their launch weeks. Recently Mario Golf finished it's pre-orders at 15 points actual orders ended up at 91 so it will probably open between 75-100K, casual Switch games on COMG generally follow this trend where pre-orders are low and they explode in terms of orders in their launch week. 

WoM is key but to me it's definitely one of the highest potential third party games of the summer only behind Yu-Gi-Oh, Baseball Spirits & Monster Hunter Stories 2 

Around the Network

Gotta imagine some new Switch SKUs will be popping up soon as in two weeks it'll just be Yugioh and SMT V at this point.

Is there no non-limited edition of SMT V or is that not up for pre-order yet?

theDX said:

It seems eBaseball is doing much better over on Amazon, it's the best-selling July release right now:

1. Ring Fit Adventure
2. eBaseball 2021
3. Zelda SSHD
4. MHS2
5. Zelda Game & Watch

Monster Hunter Stories 2 seems to do pretty bad on Amazon compared to COMG. Is that just Amazon or is MHR2 so overrepresented on COMG?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
theDX said:

It seems eBaseball is doing much better over on Amazon, it's the best-selling July release right now:

1. Ring Fit Adventure
2. eBaseball 2021
3. Zelda SSHD
4. MHS2
5. Zelda Game & Watch

Monster Hunter Stories 2 seems to do pretty bad on Amazon compared to COMG. Is that just Amazon or is MHR2 so overrepresented on COMG?

COMG has always loved MH on any console.

Around the Network

Stories 2 really picking up the pace in the last days before release.
So is there a PS4 SKU for ebaseball that's just not charting?

curl-6 said:

nope, it's a Swicht exclusive. 

Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

I swear last year's eBaseball was multiplatform, did they decide to just abandon the Playstation version for this year's game?

curl-6 said:
Agente42 said:

I swear last year's eBaseball was multiplatform, did they decide to just abandon the Playstation version for this year's game?

you are right, last year. But the new one is Switch exclusive, so far. 

Great day for Shin Megami Tensei V.