By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130

I like the color scheme, the shape is a little different than what we're used to with DS controllers. I guess I'll get used to it

Around the Network

Make a entirely white one? and a console thats also white..... please.

*edit:
I dont like the mix and match look of it.... make one a solid colour please.
Pure white, or pure grey/black please.

If this had been posted on April 1st, I wouldn't have questioned it being a fake mock-up for even one second.

Me and my big fucking mouth. "Oh, there is no way it could be worse than the DS4". Well, fuck.

This might be the first Sony controller that I can't use. PS5 better be backwards compatible to the DS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Angelus said:

If this had been posted on April 1st, I wouldn't have questioned it being a fake mock-up for even one second.

^ this.

It doesnt look very much like a normal dual shock.
They even call it a "dualsense" like what? noooooo.

Around the Network

hands down best looking controller next gen. it also gives a glimpse of how the ps5 will look, kinda alienware style i hope

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

JRPGfan said:

Make a entirely white one? and a console thats also white..... please.

*edit:
I dont like the mix and match look of it.... make one a solid colour please.
Pure white, or pure grey/black please.

Like this? It's a fan mock up.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice! Looks kinda futuristic. I like it. I guess if Sony cares about design principles then we're not in for a black box this time around. This, design wise actually would go quite well with the development kit in terms of shape. Obviously, the size of devkits are often much larger than finalized hardware so I can't wait to see what the box ends up looking like.

Im fine with the design, tho it has the shape of a generic controller and im loving the color theme so its all fine and well for me.
I dont read too much into these things, at the end of the day you always get used to it. If I could get used to the horrible N64 controller then I can get used to any controller.

Looks kinda ugly. The solid black one should at least look a bit better.