By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130

USB Type C charging port is going to be great.
New controller looks amazing, really happy with this design. All good info too. Also, seeing a lot of positive feedback from quite a few sites for this. This is the only site so far that is that I heard bitching about it, go figure..

Around the Network

My initial glance had me gagging; I was prepared to hate this design.

but then I looked closer and...honestly I think it's brilliant. It looks, to me, like a perfect blend of the dexterity and features of the PS4 controller with the girth and shape of the Xbox One controller. Considering those two things are the best things about each respective controller, I genuinely think this might be perfect (or near to it). the Ps4 controller is currently my favourite controller, with the girth of the grips and the firmness of the analogs being my only minor quibbles with it. The girth appears to be fixed and we'll see if the thumb sticks are better this time around (they LOOK better, but we'll see how they feel.)

Honestly, I'm excited!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I prefer the look of DS4, but before holding can't be sure if I'll like this better.
Also yes full black would be better for me.
And about the lightbar will get people complaining more because it will glow on their face or less because it won't reflect on the TV, will it be possible to turn off?

Since Sony have revealed the controller we don't need to worry about the controller overheating right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Like this? It's a fan mock up.

Give us the coloured face buttons and it'd definitely be an improvement, but overall it's still... nah.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Blood_Tears said:
USB Type C charging port is going to be great.
New controller looks amazing, really happy with this design. All good info too. Also, seeing a lot of positive feedback from quite a few sites for this. This is the only site so far that is that I heard bitching about it, go figure..

Wait, I need new cables again too, sigh. I already have three types going for charging shit.

Around the Network

If the controller is white, the console color may be white from the launch.

Captain_Yuri said:
Bristow9091 said:

Give us the coloured face buttons and it'd definitely be an improvement, but overall it's still... nah.

classic, but I think it's too busy. I think the PS Logo should remain black.

I hate white. Begs for dirt. Gimmie black or transparent blue. I turn off rumble and haptic everything. I just want to use the most basic functions. The exception being the share button. I hope the batt life is 30 hours plus. God, this thing is going to be $100, isn't it? Stop making controllers so fucking expensive!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Some of the responses in this thread are surprising. You'd think the controller was radically different from last gen or its competitors based on them, not the gradual aggregate of the industry it looks like to me. I see elements of the DualShock 4, Xbox One controller, Pro controller, and even a bit of that old Boomerang prototype. I like the futuristic color scheme, though that mock up looks good too. Makes me think the console itself will look more interesting than a minimal black box this time too. Interesting we haven't seen the back of the controller yet. Any word on any back buttons?

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 07 April 2020

Honestly, I think 'how it looks' is tertiary to 'how it feels' and 'how it works'. I personally think the Xbox One controller is ugly as hell and I'm not a fan of the Switch controller either, but both are very comfortable. I think this Ps5 controller looks similar to those so I am pretty sure it's gonna be comfortable as hell! that's what matters.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android