Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130

reminds me a bit of the dev kit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Bristow9091 said:

Give us the coloured face buttons and it'd definitely be an improvement, but overall it's still... nah.

See, that already looks so much better to me, and I really hope it's an option eventually, I'm REALLY not a fan of the two-tone-but-90%-white theme they've got going on at the moment... even if just the buttons and touchpad were black it'd look better, but with them all being white it just looks... wrong, lol.

COKTOE said:
pikashoe said:
In terms of shape it's a step in the right direction. But is still lagging behind the xbone controller and switch pro controller. I'm not sure why Sony is so adverse to modernising controllers. Even Nintendo realises that Microsoft had it right with the 360 controller, and Nintendo can be so stubborn when it comes to these things.
Overall it looks fine and looks like it'll work fine, not bad, not great, just ok.

By "modernizing" are you referring the the analog stick placement?

That and the shape. I've noticed that with the ds4 and now this controller that they seem to be slowly moving towards the shape of other controllers.

Leynos said:
I hope the batt life is 30 hours plus.

What?  Have a break and put it on charge.

Looks fantastic.
Just needs decent battery life per charge now.
I can already see myself playing LoD on it.

Around the Network

Also, that is likely the coloring of the PS5.
Quite interesting if it's White and Black.

Initial thoughts is I that I like it. I have always preferred the classic PS controller shape so will have to see how it feels when I get it.

Sony always has different colour options for their controllers but you will probably have to wait until they release. I’ve got a sunset orange DS4 that I love.

Looks like a controller that Apple would make, am a bit lukewarm about it and I guess that's normal when we see something new.

Looks nice and different. Good to see Sony taking risk and choosing not to design in their comfort zone haters be damned.

pikashoe said:
In terms of shape it's a step in the right direction. But is still lagging behind the xbone controller and switch pro controller. I'm not sure why Sony is so adverse to modernising controllers. Even Nintendo realises that Microsoft had it right with the 360 controller, and Nintendo can be so stubborn when it comes to these things.
Overall it looks fine and looks like it'll work fine, not bad, not great, just ok.

If you're referring to the sticks, theyre probably not doing it because market research shows the vast majority of playstation owners are comfortable and used to its placement. Changing it would be weird for them. Personally I've never got the fuss about the stick placement, what exactly do people not like about it? Is it  a problem for people with big hands or something?