By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130

Initial thoughts is I that I like it. I have always preferred the classic PS controller shape so will have to see how it feels when I get it.

Sony always has different colour options for their controllers but you will probably have to wait until they release. I’ve got a sunset orange DS4 that I love.

Around the Network

Looks like a controller that Apple would make, am a bit lukewarm about it and I guess that's normal when we see something new.

Looks nice and different. Good to see Sony taking risk and choosing not to design in their comfort zone haters be damned.

pikashoe said:
In terms of shape it's a step in the right direction. But is still lagging behind the xbone controller and switch pro controller. I'm not sure why Sony is so adverse to modernising controllers. Even Nintendo realises that Microsoft had it right with the 360 controller, and Nintendo can be so stubborn when it comes to these things.
Overall it looks fine and looks like it'll work fine, not bad, not great, just ok.

If you're referring to the sticks, theyre probably not doing it because market research shows the vast majority of playstation owners are comfortable and used to its placement. Changing it would be weird for them. Personally I've never got the fuss about the stick placement, what exactly do people not like about it? Is it  a problem for people with big hands or something?

I think Sony has done a good job after a long time
Probably the console is also a amazing design.

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

SvennoJ said:
Blood_Tears said:
USB Type C charging port is going to be great.
New controller looks amazing, really happy with this design. All good info too. Also, seeing a lot of positive feedback from quite a few sites for this. This is the only site so far that is that I heard bitching about it, go figure..

Wait, I need new cables again too, sigh. I already have three types going for charging shit.

USB C should be the standard going forward, charge faster and is more resilient.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

Wait, I need new cables again too, sigh. I already have three types going for charging shit.

USB C should be the standard going forward, charge faster and is more resilient.

Sure, never heard that before :p

Jabba89 said:
Leynos said:
I hope the batt life is 30 hours plus.

What?  Have a break and put it on charge.

I don't play that long but I can go weeks or even a couple of months without needing a recharge on a Switch pro controller which has 40 hours of battery life. DS4 Batt's life is trash. Adding a bunch of bullshit brings batt life down and costs up. I prefer it to be the opposite

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

We now have a hint that the console will be mainly with with some black accents and blue lights.