By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which XBox Game Studios developer are you most excited to hear from next gen?

Which Xbox Game Studios developer are you most excited to hear from next gen?

343 Studios 91 11.15%

Mojang 22 2.70%

Ninja Theory 131 16.05%

Obsidian 206 25.25%

Playground 49 6.00%

Rare 159 19.49%

The Coalition 24 2.94%

Turn 10 30 3.68%

Undead labs 2 0.25%

Other 102 12.50%

Total:816
sales2099 said:
shikamaru317 said:
The Initative and Playground's RPG studio. Those are the two new large AAA studios.

The Initiative, what’s their current employee count? I heard less then 100 but I assume they can staff up on temp workers when they have a concrete plan in place. But even with 100 people you can make a AAA game if you have enough time. 4 years at least I’d say (it’s been almost 2 now I think)

Rumors are The Initiative is making great strides and will announce their new game this year at some point. It's not going to be some behemoth AAA game, but something a bit smaller to get their feet wet. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
sales2099 said:

It’s far more likely MS will farm the IP out to XGS and therefore publish it with a outside developer who specializes in platform games. Platform games simply aren’t as popular as they were in the 90s and any attempt for Rare to make a new Banjo or Conker will never live up to your expectations and especially fond memories. 

Everwild looks whimsical and interesting. I’m not sure about your stance on SoT but today it’s packed with content. No video game comes close to capturing what SoT offers. It has a very dedicated community, you see people post things on Reddit where they craft things you see in the game, it’s nice to see. I just hope you aren’t one of those Rare fans who thinks everything they do now is automatically bad because it isn’t their 90s style platformers. 

Oh really? Then what about the late 2010s?

Riiiight I didn’t mean to insult part of your identity. I’m just stating a fact that platformers were more mainstream in the 90s. No need to show me platformers still exist and are popular. 

Cmon, let Sea of Thieves into your heart ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I really want to see what Rare does next after Sea of Thieves. I think they are on a way back to glory, though this still needs a lot of time of course. I really wish that they become a great and creative studio once again like they used to be back in the day.

How could anyone not pick 343? Halo: Infinite is the most important non-Minecraft game for MS in years. It's gotta be the most interesting MS story of the year, aside from the console itself.

VAMatt said:
How could anyone not pick 343? Halo: Infinite is the most important non-Minecraft game for MS in years. It's gotta be the most interesting MS story of the year, aside from the console itself.

I didn’t even pick them. The implication with this thread is games going forward. We already know Halo Infinite exists it’s more about the mystery of what’s to come. That’s why I picked Obsidian. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

I really want to see what Rare does next after Sea of Thieves. I think they are on a way back to glory, though this still needs a lot of time of course. I really wish that they become a great and creative studio once again like they used to be back in the day.

Instead of being stuck making boring car building games or Kinect Sports.

No offence but your opinion seems to be several years old. It’s been a while since Banjo Nuts and Bolts (2008) and them making Kinect titles. Ever heard of Everwild? ;)  It has a lot of potential. And Sea of Thieves is packed with content and has a very passionate community.