By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which XBox Game Studios developer are you most excited to hear from next gen?

Which Xbox Game Studios developer are you most excited to hear from next gen?

343 Studios 91 11.15%

Mojang 22 2.70%

Ninja Theory 131 16.05%

Obsidian 206 25.25%

Playground 49 6.00%

Rare 159 19.49%

The Coalition 24 2.94%

Turn 10 30 3.68%

Undead labs 2 0.25%

Other 102 12.50%

Total:816

It's hard to say to be honest. Most of their new studios still really need to prove themselves as they've only made small scale or ok'ish games. But if I had to pick, I would say Obsidian as Outer Worlds was pretty cool.

Around the Network

Rare and the initiative, 343i if they prove to be worthy. But really MS has a solid 1P now.

I'm most excited to see what the new kid on the block, The Initiate does.

Obsidian I'm also keeping a keen eye on.

It's pretty much a tie between Obsidian, Playground and The Initiative. Though I voted for Obsidian in the poll.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
It's pretty much a tie between Obsidian, Playground and The Initiative. Though I voted for Obsidian in the poll.

I'm just curious why people are putting such high expectations on the Initiative. Don't they have like 30 people working there?

Around the Network
goopy20 said:

I'm just curious why people are putting such high expectations on the Initiative. Don't they have like 30 people working there?

It's not so much that i'm placing high expectations on them, as much as I think Microsoft is, and I'm curious what they're doing. That's it really, not necessarily that I expect an amazing game. They're the most mysterious, and that also makes them one of the most interesting. 

goopy20 said:

Not every team needs to be huge. Moon Studios made one of the best franchises of this gen and they are very small.

The Initiative for me. Their project is rumoured to be very big and just the thought of what they could be making, could it be a new IP like a Tomb Raider style game or could it be a revival of an older IP like Perfect Dark.

Also Worlds Edge, as I love Age of Empires and the 4th game is something I am extremely excited about.

Obsidian, Rare, The Coalition, Ninja Theory, 343, Undead Labs and Playground Games I am all very exciting to see more and hear more of there projects.

InXile, Turn 10, Compulsion Games, Mojang, Double Fine don't really make the type of games I prefer so I am sure they will be exciting for others.

Playground Games

Forza Horizon is already consistently incredible so the thought of them doing something new (and it being rumored to be a reboot of Fable) is exciting as hell

FloatingWaffles said:
Playground Games

Forza Horizon is already consistently incredible so the thought of them doing something new (and it being rumored to be a reboot of Fable) is exciting as hell

Change of genre can be a great challenge and opportunity. Let`s see what they make of it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."