By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which XBox Game Studios developer are you most excited to hear from next gen?

Which Xbox Game Studios developer are you most excited to hear from next gen?

343 Studios 91 11.15%

Mojang 22 2.70%

Ninja Theory 131 16.05%

Obsidian 206 25.25%

Playground 49 6.00%

Rare 159 19.49%

The Coalition 24 2.94%

Turn 10 30 3.68%

Undead labs 2 0.25%

Other 102 12.50%

Total:816

The idea of any future RPGs Obsidian making will only be on Xbox (consoles) is just the perfect scenario for me. Can’t wait to see their talents with the full backing of MGS.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

You should probably write out Microsoft Game Studios. MGS is heavily tied to Metal Gear Solid. I thought this was an announcement about potential Metal Gear Solid developers for next gen -_-

Turn 10 csuse Forza Horizon 4 was fap worthy followed by Obsidian

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Tie between Obsidian, inXile, Playground, Double Fine, and Undead Labs. Entering this gen I didn’t care much for MS first party but they really nailed it with these studios, almost all of them have great history and should continue to do good things.

Playground games (come on Fable!) followed by Obsidian.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I am looking forward to seeing what 5 of the Xbox Game Studios are doing.

1. Playground Games - Forza Horizon 4 was the best non-vr Racing experience I had this gen.

2. 343 - I am beyond ready for gameplay of Halo Infinite

3. The Initiative - The big unknown, hoping for an incredible single player game to rival Sony.

4. The Coalition - Though Gears 5 felt like it has fallen behind the curve, I am excited to see if they can find new insperation with Gears 6.

5. Ninja Theory - They have been one of my favorite devs for a decade now. Looking forward to seeing more of Hellblade 2.

The rest I'm ready to be pleasently surprised by. It is going to be a much better generation for Xbox and the industry. Thanks to Phil Spencer for rebuilding Xbox Game Studios after Don Mattrick basically, closed, sold, or let go every studio under the Microsoft belt.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

inXile - Brian Fargo's the last boss.

Of this studios the ones I would probably like the games is Rare and Ninja Theory.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 05 April 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

343i

Only dev on that list I'd even remotely care about would be Rare if it was the Rare of the 90s. They have been trash since Adventures. So honestly I don't see anything appealing on the list sorry. The last Obsidian game I played,they ruined a good series. Dungeon Siege. Turned me off from their games. I always hated Ninja Theory. I guess the new studio, Initiative. To see what they make but I don't have high hopes. I hope it's not another "cinematic" gritty FPS or online shooter thing. I loved 360 so much and I wish they could make a system like that again. Work with Mistwalker again. While I'm not a fan of buying everyone up. If they got Mistalker and I'm not wishing for them to,but if they did I'd hope for a true Blue Dragon sequel and Lost Odyssey. Also, bring Cry On back from the dead.

Last edited by Leynos - on 05 April 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!