By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 36 54.55%

No, it's just an episode 21 31.82%

Something in between 9 13.64%

Total:66
Runa216 said:
This is as much a 'full game' as Mass Effect 1. Your logic is pretty flawed.

The enemies and bosses are really well done,i actually have to pay some attention to win a fight.

Around the Network

I'm having so much fun. One of the best ff I've ever played.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I'll play FF7R when it's complete. Until then i hope the world as we know it will still exist.

Hunting Season is done...

Well my for me personally. Its the best game I've played this year so far so whether it's a remake or not it's my game of the year, so yes it should get it as its deserved it if nothing else steps up to the table for the rest of the year.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I've logged 20h and I feel that it's the best JRPG I've ever played. The battle system is fun and the story is just incredible. It's my first time playing FF7, now I get why people love this story so much.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

it won't. My bet to goty this year will go to cyberpunk.

I finished it yesterday. It will certainly be a contender for me but Cyberpunk might just take it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Final Fantasy VII Remake is not a good enough game to win GotY anyway, so it does not matter.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I agree with the misleading title, but I don't see how that should disqualify from being GOTY. Likewise, I don't think the fact that it doesn't have a complete narrative should disqualify it.

It is what it is, and if people think that what it is is enjoyable enough to be GOTY, then that's fine. I honestly just don't think it's generally GOTY quality, but in this corona infested year where there's not a lot of competition, I'm having a hard time thinking of a long list of better games so it might be a nominee kind of by default.

It's my GOTY so far I'm about 35 hours in. I don't think it will stay that way to much competition.