By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 36 54.55%

No, it's just an episode 21 31.82%

Something in between 9 13.64%

Total:66
Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

The first two examples are the remake of the original game too?

Irrelevant.

Or is it your trouble with english? 

So FFVIIR is the first acceptable case then. Wow, as expected from Square Enix fans.

And yes, English isn't my first language.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Hynad said:

I explain something that isn’t defined by me and why some people react the way they do and you try to counter it with something that is your perspective alone, and then tell me to get over myself?

Talk about a pot calling the kettle black.

Correct, get over yourself.  I am entitled to my opinion as are others.  Stop forcing your opinions on others (e.g. get over yourself).  You aren't the worlds definition creator nor verbiage dictator.  Aka, get over yourself.

It that isn't clear enough, let us try another path.  One of us is attempting to force our opinion on others.  Which one of us is it?  Hint, it isn't me.  

Stop playing the poor little victim and get out of your ass for a second and read this again: I don’t give two shits how you label those games. I only explained WHY they’re not viewed the way YOU view them by everyone.

Hynad said:
Chrkeller said:

Correct, get over yourself.  I am entitled to my opinion as are others.  Stop forcing your opinions on others (e.g. get over yourself).  You aren't the worlds definition creator nor verbiage dictator.  Aka, get over yourself.

It that isn't clear enough, let us try another path.  One of us is attempting to force our opinion on others.  Which one of us is it?  Hint, it isn't me.  

Stop playing the poor little victim and get out of your ass for a second and read this again: I don’t give two shits how you label those games. I only explained WHY they’re not viewed the way YOU view them by everyone.

Lol, somebody is triggered.  I guess the truth hurts.  :) 

And to be clear, I never questioned why people don't view them as episodic.  I questioned why people get some upset about others using the e-word.  Feel free to re-read all your crying posts for details on my point.  

Have a good day, if that is possible.  Let me know if you need a tissue.  

⚠️ WARNEDFlaming~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 April 2020

HoangNhatAnh said:
Hynad said:

Irrelevant.

Or is it your trouble with english? 

So FFVIIR is the first acceptable case then. Wow, as expected from Square Enix fans.

I figured. Since you seem to read stuff nobody said or even implied.

Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

So you'll have to consider the original FFVII incomplete and episodic as well, since it got another 2 games giving more details on the story and also there were a lot of content cut from the game.

And the thread is about FFVIIR  being allowed or not to be GOTY and you are siding with the argument of the episodic that is a reason for not being allowed so spare us of "I love other episodic stuff" and address OP.

1) I am pretty sure I can post (as long as I don't attack anybody) whatever I please.  So, if you would be so kind as not to tell me what I can or cannot say.  

2) I never said FFVII can't be GotY.  I posted a list of my personal concerns, some Think-man has substantiated (loads of watching and listening isn't my thing nor is silly/uninteresting/un-impactful side quests)) and concluded it isn't likely to be my GotY.  I never said it couldn't be GotY for others.  So your post is literally made up.  Again (for the 8th time?) the e-word isn't a dirty word.  

1) Not really, there is more than one rule in VGC. Being off-topic would be one of the not allowed.

2) Still you took until I challenged to say it can, before that you were just siding with what is the argument for it not being eligible. You want to call it an episode on a context that defines episode as something else and is really being stubborn over it. And being concerned without knowing what will be there is just silly. You just want to over worry. Wait for reviews and then see if the game is worthy your purchase instead of deciding that because the game was changed, because there will be several parts or sequels, the game will be bad.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

1) I am pretty sure I can post (as long as I don't attack anybody) whatever I please.  So, if you would be so kind as not to tell me what I can or cannot say.  

2) I never said FFVII can't be GotY.  I posted a list of my personal concerns, some Think-man has substantiated (loads of watching and listening isn't my thing nor is silly/uninteresting/un-impactful side quests)) and concluded it isn't likely to be my GotY.  I never said it couldn't be GotY for others.  So your post is literally made up.  Again (for the 8th time?) the e-word isn't a dirty word.  

1) Not really, there is more than one rule in VGC. Being off-topic would be one of the not allowed.

2) Still you took until I challenged to say it can, before that you were just siding with what is the argument for it not being eligible. You want to call it an episode on a context that defines episode as something else and is really being stubborn over it. And being concerned without knowing what will be there is just silly. You just want to over worry. Wait for reviews and then see if the game is worthy your purchase instead of deciding that because the game was changed, because there will be several parts or sequels, the game will be bad.

1) take it up with the Head Mod.  In the Bayo 1 versus Bayo 2 thread, he told me being off topic is perfectly acceptable as long as there are not any personal attacks.  Let me know what he says.  :) 

Chrkeller said:
Hynad said:

Lol, somebody is triggered.  I guess the truth hurts.  :) 

And to be clear, I never questioned why people don't view them as episodic.  I questioned why people get some upset about others using the e-word.  Feel free to re-read all your crying posts for details on my point.  

Have a good day, if that is possible.  Let me know if you need a tissue.  

Good luck with that one.

Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

1) take it up with the Head Mod.  In the Bayo 1 versus Bayo 2 thread, he told me being off topic is perfectly acceptable as long as there are not any personal attacks.  Let me know what he says.  :) 

Then that changed. It was accepted a post to go off-topic, but when it became derailing thread usually a warning would be issued and next a proihibition to keep that off-topic discussion. Anyway, since you cleared that you think it being a remake doesn't invalidate it being able to compete for GOTY and that you are just discussing if one should call it an episode or not then there is no point in targeting it.

But do you acknowledge that in the gaming market episode is used to describe games like Life is strange (1h episodes that don't really have begining, start, end) and not for a full game that will need sequels to finish the story?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I figured. Since you seem to read stuff nobody said or even implied.

I only understand 1 thing: fans are excited for a remake that have multi parts of a complete original story. Based on what i heard so far, each part cost $60 while only took ~ 20 - 25 hours for the main story, a bit more with all side quests.

DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

Then that changed. It was accepted a post to go off-topic, but when it became derailing thread usually a warning would be issued and next a proihibition to keep that off-topic discussion. Anyway, since you cleared that you think it being a remake doesn't invalidate it being able to compete for GOTY and that you are just discussing if one should call it an episode or not then there is no point in targeting it.

But do you acknowledge that in the gaming market episode is used to describe games like Life is strange (1h episodes that don't really have begining, start, end) and not for a full game that will need sequels to finish the story?

1) It changed in the last two days?

2) You aren't a mod, so I'll kindly ask you stop telling me what I can and cannot do.

3) This thread is LITERALLY about if FFVII is episodic, so I am not off topic to begin with.

4) As mentioned NUMEROUS times I haven't played games people are mentioning, thus I cannot comment.

5) I have played Xenosage, that episodic rpg that was released on the ps2.  FFVII seems very similar in concept.  In fact the verbiage of episodes is on the cover.