By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

 

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 36 54.55%
 
No, it's just an episode 21 31.82%
 
Something in between 9 13.64%
 
Total:66
Chrkeller said:
I haven't missed any points. You are acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.

FFVII has a full story with red, yuffie, did and wait. And Vincent. Their stories are not in episode 1 being the full story has been segmented. Sorry Jack, want to talk facts, there you.

I'm off to play Ori.


That’s some crappy logic.

Is Frodo’s story arc done with The Fellowship of the Ring? No.

Is TFOTR still a complete movie? Yes.

Is it a complete story? No.

FF VII Remake is the same. It’s a full game, but not a full story.

Why is it difficult for you to get that in your head? Here’s what I observed: You can’t dissociate both versions of the story.



Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I haven't missed any points. You are acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.

FFVII has a full story with red, yuffie, cid and cait. And Vincent. Their stories are not in episode 1 being the full story has been segmented. Sorry Jack, want to talk facts, there you have it.

I'm off to play Ori.

I think you're lumping everything that says "episode" together as a telltale game. Xenosaga isn't telltale, nor is the star wars movies. I think this is where you're confusing your self.



Before attacking somebody blindly you ought to take 5 seconds to understand their stance. I never called the remake incomplete. I never said it wasn't a full game. My stance is the remake is episodic, much like LotR and Star Wars. So great work attacking somebody for a claim they never made.  And the remake is episodic.  Which may (or may not) be a bad thing.  My point is people are awful defensive of the e-word when the e-word is an accurate description.  But by all means keep attacking.

Edit

Also you keep insisting I'm treating this as a telltale game.  Dude I've never played a telltale game and have no idea what their games are like.  Lol

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 04 April 2020

Chrkeller said:

Before attacking somebody blindly you ought to take 5 seconds to understand their stance. I never called the remake incomplete. I never said it wasn't a full game. My stance is the remake is episodic, much like LotR and Star Wars. So great work attacking somebody for a claim they never made.  And the remake is episodic.  Which may (or may not) be a bad thing.  My point is people are awful defensive of the e-word when the e-word is an accurate description.  But but all means keep attacking.

It’s not difficult to understand why the word episodic isn’t exactly the right way to describe FFVII Remake when the word is synonymous in the game industry to how Telltale and Dontnod deliver their games. Which is more similar to anime than movies.

FFVII Remake separates its content like the movies already mentioned earlier, rather than like an anime series. Or if you prefer, the amount of content and features is the same as a conplete game and there will be a resolution by the end of it even though the story will continue to evolve in the next one, which is contrary to what episodic games have done so far.



Hynad said:
Chrkeller said:

Before attacking somebody blindly you ought to take 5 seconds to understand their stance. I never called the remake incomplete. I never said it wasn't a full game. My stance is the remake is episodic, much like LotR and Star Wars. So great work attacking somebody for a claim they never made.  And the remake is episodic.  Which may (or may not) be a bad thing.  My point is people are awful defensive of the e-word when the e-word is an accurate description.  But but all means keep attacking.

It’s not difficult to understand why the word episodic isn’t exactly the right way to describe FFVII Remake when the word is synonymous in the game industry to how Telltale and Dontnod deliver their games. Which is more similar to anime than movies.

FFVII Remake separates its content like the movies already mentioned earlier, rather than like an anime series. Or if you prefer, the amount of content and features is the same as a conplete game and there will be a resolution by the end of it even though the story will continue to evolve in the next one, which is contrary to what episodic games have done so far.

Honestly I don't understand the sensitivity around the e-word.  Star Wars are clearly labeled as episodes and are my all-time favorite movies.  So no, I don't get the problem with calling FFVII for what it is.  Especially when people who are sensitive to the e-word constantly bring up Xenosaga and Star Wars...  both of which are literally labeled as e-words.  



Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Hynad said:

It’s not difficult to understand why the word episodic isn’t exactly the right way to describe FFVII Remake when the word is synonymous in the game industry to how Telltale and Dontnod deliver their games. Which is more similar to anime than movies.

FFVII Remake separates its content like the movies already mentioned earlier, rather than like an anime series. Or if you prefer, the amount of content and features is the same as a conplete game and there will be a resolution by the end of it even though the story will continue to evolve in the next one, which is contrary to what episodic games have done so far.

Honestly I don't understand the sensitivity around the e-word.  Star Wars are clearly labeled as episodes and are my all-time favorite movies.  So no, I don't get the problem with calling FFVII for what it is.  Especially when people who are sensitive to the e-word constantly bring up Xenosaga and Star Wars...  both of which are literally labeled as e-words.  

I literally just explained to you why... 



deskpro2k3 said:
After explaining to you it's not "episodic" you still went ahead with this thread? That's really low.

Not to forget that responser threads aren't allowed in VGC

Hynad said:

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a full game.

What it is not is a full story.

Same as LOTR and Star Wars. Full movies part of trilogies forming complete stories.

I don’t see why FF VII Remake can’t be seen the same by some, other than knowing in advance what the complete story is and their inabilities to dissociate both versions of the story.

Next time we will demand that sequels also don't be nominated GOTY and also that the GOTY of the previous game be revoked since they weren't complete as well and should be considered episodes =p



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chrkeller said:

Before attacking somebody blindly you ought to take 5 seconds to understand their stance. I never called the remake incomplete. I never said it wasn't a full game. My stance is the remake is episodic, much like LotR and Star Wars. So great work attacking somebody for a claim they never made.  And the remake is episodic.  Which may (or may not) be a bad thing.  My point is people are awful defensive of the e-word when the e-word is an accurate description.  But by all means keep attacking.

Edit

Also you keep insisting I'm treating this as a telltale game.  Dude I've never played a telltale game and have no idea what their games are like.  Lol

So you'll have to consider the original FFVII incomplete and episodic as well, since it got another 2 games giving more details on the story and also there were a lot of content cut from the game.

And the thread is about FFVIIR  being allowed or not to be GOTY and you are siding with the argument of the episodic that is a reason for not being allowed so spare us of "I love other episodic stuff" and address OP.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hynad said:
Chrkeller said:
I haven't missed any points. You are acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.

FFVII has a full story with red, yuffie, did and wait. And Vincent. Their stories are not in episode 1 being the full story has been segmented. Sorry Jack, want to talk facts, there you.

I'm off to play Ori.


That’s some crappy logic.

Is Frodo’s story arc done with The Fellowship of the Ring? No.

Is TFOTR still a complete movie? Yes.

Is it a complete story? No.

FF VII Remake is the same. It’s a full game, but not a full story.

Why is it difficult for you to get that in your head? Here’s what I observed: You can’t dissociate both versions of the story.

The first two examples are the remake of the original game too?



"Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY"

Yes it can, be.

Glad to see 60-80% of pole so far believes that to be true as well.