By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 36 54.55%

No, it's just an episode 21 31.82%

Something in between 9 13.64%

Total:66
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
bigger = better = consume more content

That's what she said? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Oh I thought you meant because Ori, LoU2 and Halo were coming this year.

So many critics in this thread, play the game then come back and talk please. The episodic word needs to be dropped aswell. It's more of a retelling, the amount of depth now to the story is amazing. Character interactions that never existed before are so fun to watch unfold. And just walking around Midger is crazy! Looking up and seeing the towering disc's above you gave me goosebumps.

Jabba89 said:
The fact that people continue to use the word episodic and compare Final Fantasy VII remake to Telltale games is beyond me.

This isn't Final Fantasy VII, it is the remake and it is a completely different experience than the original. Maybe they should have called it Final Fantasy VII reimagined to remove some confusion, but if you read any of the information released regarding the game you would know this.

Whether it is eligible for GOTY doesn't really matter. I myself don't mind for remakes like this, however if it was just a remaster but otherwise the same game then it shouldn't be eligible.

For me even a regular remaster or port should count.

If gaming didn't improve in 20 years that a game can win GOTY while being same as 20 years ago just with a touch of paint then gaming is damned.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Inb4 Xenoblade remastered wins goty.

In all seriousness, if the game is 20+ hrs, and maintains the quality we saw in that insane demo, then it's a worthy $60 experience in my book.Games like the Last of Us and Uncharted aren't any longer than that. From what I've seen, FFVII R is a blockbuster experience on par with those.

Around the Network

Doesn't matter at all, because Half-Life Alyx is the GOTY of 2020 anyway. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

That's like saying The Fellowship of the Ring is not a complete movie. You're really grabbing for straws and technicalities here. What's your end goal here? What do you or anyone gain if this game is "not allowed" to be nominated for a meaningless award?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

After explaining to you it's not "episodic" you still went ahead with this thread? That's really low.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
DonFerrari said:

Are we still discussing this same silly point? Play the game and see if it is missing content or if it can be satisfying before claiming anything.

PS Edit: Final Fantasy X, XIII didn't have -1 on the first game and still got -2 and even -3.

Didn't know these twos are remakes of the originals. WOW

I doubt it would have anyway even at full release. There are way too many good games this year so its up for a hard thought battle.