By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 36 54.55%

No, it's just an episode 21 31.82%

Something in between 9 13.64%

Total:66
OdinHades said:
Doesn't matter at all, because Half-Life Alyx is the GOTY of 2020 anyway. =P

I agree, that game is going to be hard to top.. however unfortunately for how bias GOTY awards are, they will give the GOTY away to some other game that's more accessible to the gamers and place this game in a sub category as best VR game.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
After explaining to you it's not "episodic" you still went ahead with this thread? That's really low.

Why?  Because you say it isn't episodic we all have to agree?  Some how your opinion trumps the opinions of others because reasons?  I hate to break the news, but many of us don't do not agree with your opinion, and yes it is an opinion. 

FFVII is the very definition of episodes.  To get the full story I have to play multiple pieces.  I've beaten FFVII at least a dozen time.  The full story isn't Midgar.  Having access to only Midgar means I get a small portion of the story.  Think of Star Wars, to get the full Luke/Vader story I have to watch multiple movies.  And what are the movies called again?  Something like EPISODE IV, V and VI.

Curious enough, on the front of the Xenosaga games is the verbiage EPISODE

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 04 April 2020

Chrkeller said:
deskpro2k3 said:
After explaining to you it's not "episodic" you still went ahead with this thread? That's really low.

Why?  Because you say it isn't episodic we all have to agree?  Some how your opinion trumps the opinions of others because reasons?  I hate to break the news, but many of us don't do not agree with your opinion, and yes it is an opinion. 

FFVII is the very definition of episodes.  To get the full story I have to play multiple pieces.  I've beaten FFVII at least a dozen time.  The full story isn't Midgar.  Having access to only Midgar means I get a small portion of the story.  Think of Star Wars, to get the full Luke/Vader story I have to watch multiple movies.  And what are the movies called again?  Something like EPISODE IV, V and VI.

It's not my fault you choose to disregard reasoning and evidence. Is it an opinion that ff13 doesn't have part 1 on the box? No.

Is it an opinion that FF7R is not 1:1 with the original in terms of scale and story? No.

You beat FF7 dozens of times suppose to mean something? No.

You and the OP choose to ignore those facts. This is not even debatable anymore because you've already made up your mind.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Chrkeller said:

It's not my fault you choose to disregard reasoning and evidence. Is it an opinion that ff13 doesn't have part 1 on the box? No.

Is it an opinion that FF7R is not 1:1 with the original in terms of scale and story? No.

You and the OP choose to ignore those facts. This is not even debatable anymore because you've already made up your mind.

I am using reasoning, I'm simply not blindly in love with the remake.  

Is Red XIII part of the FFVII Story?  Yes.

Is his story told in FFVII Remake Episode 1?  No.

Heck he ISN'T EVEN PLAYABLE.  

Is Vincent's story told in Episode 1?  No.

Is Yuffie's story told in episode 1?  No.  

How about Cid?  No.  

How about Cait Sith?  No.  

The Remake doesn't have the full story, it just doesn't.  I could list all of the great story elements that will clearly be missing from the remake episode I, but I don't want to spoil anything for others. 

One might wonder, how are major story elements (including massive plot twists) missing if episode I is the full story?  Well you see, the game isn't the full story.  Square took a giant story in FFVII and split it up into pieces, parts, sections, segments....  some might call it episodes.    

And to be fair, you made up your mind the day it was announced.  So it isn't like you are any less stubborn than lets say the OP.  

Chrkeller said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I am using reasoning, I'm simply not blindly in love with the remake.  

Is Red XIII part of the FFVII Story?  Yes.

Is his story told in FFVII Remake Episode 1?  No.

Heck he ISN'T EVEN PLAYABLE.  

Is Vincent's story told in Episode 1?  No.

Is Yuffie's story told in episode 1?  No.  

How about Cid?  No.  

How about Cait Sith?  No.  

The Remake doesn't have the full story, it just doesn't.  I could list all of the great story elements that will clearly be missing from the remake episode I, but I don't want to spoil anything for others. 

One might wonder, how are major story elements (including massive plot twists) missing if episode I is the full story?  Well you see, the game isn't the full story.  Square took a giant story in FFVII and split it up into pieces, parts, sections, segments....  some might call it episodes.    

And to be fair, you made up your mind the day it was announced.  So it isn't like you are any less stubborn than lets say the OP.  

Can you address my points instead of missing the point.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a full game.

What it is not is a full story.

Same as LOTR and Star Wars. Full movies part of trilogies forming complete stories.

I don’t see why FF VII Remake can’t be seen the same by some, other than knowing in advance what the complete story is and their inabilities to dissociate both versions of the story.

I haven't missed any points. You are acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.

FFVII has a full story with red, yuffie, cid and cait. And Vincent. Their stories are not in episode 1 being the full story has been segmented. Sorry Jack, want to talk facts, there you have it.

I'm off to play Ori.

Chrkeller said:
I haven't missed any points. You are acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.

FFVII has a full story with red, yuffie, did and wait. And Vincent. Their stories are not in episode 1 being the full story has been segmented. Sorry Jack, want to talk facts, there you.

I'm off to play Ori.

That’s some crappy logic.

Is Frodo’s story arc done with The Fellowship of the Ring? No.

Is TFOTR still a complete movie? Yes.

Is it a complete story? No.

FF VII Remake is the same. It’s a full game, but not a full story.

Why is it difficult for you to get that in your head? Here’s what I observed: You can’t dissociate both versions of the story.

Chrkeller said:

FFVII has a full story with red, yuffie, cid and cait. And Vincent. Their stories are not in episode 1 being the full story has been segmented. Sorry Jack, want to talk facts, there you have it.

I'm off to play Ori.

I think you're lumping everything that says "episode" together as a telltale game. Xenosaga isn't telltale, nor is the star wars movies. I think this is where you're confusing your self.

Before attacking somebody blindly you ought to take 5 seconds to understand their stance. I never called the remake incomplete. I never said it wasn't a full game. My stance is the remake is episodic, much like LotR and Star Wars. So great work attacking somebody for a claim they never made.  And the remake is episodic.  Which may (or may not) be a bad thing.  My point is people are awful defensive of the e-word when the e-word is an accurate description.  But by all means keep attacking.

Edit

Also you keep insisting I'm treating this as a telltale game.  Dude I've never played a telltale game and have no idea what their games are like.  Lol