Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 34 53.97%

No, it's just an episode 20 31.75%

Something in between 9 14.29%

Total:63

That's like saying The Fellowship of the Ring is not a complete movie. You're really grabbing for straws and technicalities here. What's your end goal here? What do you or anyone gain if this game is "not allowed" to be nominated for a meaningless award?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

After explaining to you it's not "episodic" you still went ahead with this thread? That's really low.

DonFerrari said:

Are we still discussing this same silly point? Play the game and see if it is missing content or if it can be satisfying before claiming anything.

PS Edit: Final Fantasy X, XIII didn't have -1 on the first game and still got -2 and even -3.

Didn't know these twos are remakes of the originals. WOW

I doubt it would have anyway even at full release. There are way too many good games this year so its up for a hard thought battle.

OdinHades said:
Doesn't matter at all, because Half-Life Alyx is the GOTY of 2020 anyway. =P

I agree, that game is going to be hard to top.. however unfortunately for how bias GOTY awards are, they will give the GOTY away to some other game that's more accessible to the gamers and place this game in a sub category as best VR game.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
After explaining to you it's not "episodic" you still went ahead with this thread? That's really low.

Why?  Because you say it isn't episodic we all have to agree?  Some how your opinion trumps the opinions of others because reasons?  I hate to break the news, but many of us don't do not agree with your opinion, and yes it is an opinion. 

FFVII is the very definition of episodes.  To get the full story I have to play multiple pieces.  I've beaten FFVII at least a dozen time.  The full story isn't Midgar.  Having access to only Midgar means I get a small portion of the story.  Think of Star Wars, to get the full Luke/Vader story I have to watch multiple movies.  And what are the movies called again?  Something like EPISODE IV, V and VI.

Curious enough, on the front of the Xenosaga games is the verbiage EPISODE

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 04 April 2020

Chrkeller said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Why?  Because you say it isn't episodic we all have to agree?  Some how your opinion trumps the opinions of others because reasons?  I hate to break the news, but many of us don't do not agree with your opinion, and yes it is an opinion. 

FFVII is the very definition of episodes.  To get the full story I have to play multiple pieces.  I've beaten FFVII at least a dozen time.  The full story isn't Midgar.  Having access to only Midgar means I get a small portion of the story.  Think of Star Wars, to get the full Luke/Vader story I have to watch multiple movies.  And what are the movies called again?  Something like EPISODE IV, V and VI.

It's not my fault you choose to disregard reasoning and evidence. Is it an opinion that ff13 doesn't have part 1 on the box? No.

Is it an opinion that FF7R is not 1:1 with the original in terms of scale and story? No.

You beat FF7 dozens of times suppose to mean something? No.

You and the OP choose to ignore those facts. This is not even debatable anymore because you've already made up your mind.

deskpro2k3 said:
Chrkeller said:

It's not my fault you choose to disregard reasoning and evidence. Is it an opinion that ff13 doesn't have part 1 on the box? No.

Is it an opinion that FF7R is not 1:1 with the original in terms of scale and story? No.

You and the OP choose to ignore those facts. This is not even debatable anymore because you've already made up your mind.

I am using reasoning, I'm simply not blindly in love with the remake.  

Is Red XIII part of the FFVII Story?  Yes.

Is his story told in FFVII Remake Episode 1?  No.

Heck he ISN'T EVEN PLAYABLE.  

Is Vincent's story told in Episode 1?  No.

Is Yuffie's story told in episode 1?  No.  

How about Cid?  No.  

How about Cait Sith?  No.  

The Remake doesn't have the full story, it just doesn't.  I could list all of the great story elements that will clearly be missing from the remake episode I, but I don't want to spoil anything for others. 

One might wonder, how are major story elements (including massive plot twists) missing if episode I is the full story?  Well you see, the game isn't the full story.  Square took a giant story in FFVII and split it up into pieces, parts, sections, segments....  some might call it episodes.    

And to be fair, you made up your mind the day it was announced.  So it isn't like you are any less stubborn than lets say the OP.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 04 April 2020

Chrkeller said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I am using reasoning, I'm simply not blindly in love with the remake.  

Is Red XIII part of the FFVII Story?  Yes.

Is his story told in FFVII Remake Episode 1?  No.

Heck he ISN'T EVEN PLAYABLE.  

Is Vincent's story told in Episode 1?  No.

Is Yuffie's story told in episode 1?  No.  

How about Cid?  No.  

How about Cait Sith?  No.  

The Remake doesn't have the full story, it just doesn't.  I could list all of the great story elements that will clearly be missing from the remake episode I, but I don't want to spoil anything for others. 

One might wonder, how are major story elements (including massive plot twists) missing if episode I is the full story?  Well you see, the game isn't the full story.  Square took a giant story in FFVII and split it up into pieces, parts, sections, segments....  some might call it episodes.    

And to be fair, you made up your mind the day it was announced.  So it isn't like you are any less stubborn than lets say the OP.  

Can you address my points instead of missing the point.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a full game.

What it is not is a full story.

Same as LOTR and Star Wars. Full movies part of trilogies forming complete stories.

I don’t see why FF VII Remake can’t be seen the same by some, other than knowing in advance what the complete story is and their inabilities to dissociate both versions of the story.