By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake can't be GOTY

Is FF VII Remake a complete game and can be nominated as GOTY?

Yes, it's a complete game 36 54.55%

No, it's just an episode 21 31.82%

Something in between 9 13.64%

Total:66

My only disappointment about the title is the fact that I'll have to wait months, perhaps years, before playing the next one. I can't wait and that's cruel.

PS: Months? What am I saying. It'll be years.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
0D0 said:

My only disappointment about the title is the fact that I'll have to wait months, perhaps years, before playing the next one. I can't wait and that's cruel.

Very true but no different then the people who played the Mass Effect and Legend of heroes series. The legend of heroes people have been waiting like 15+ years at this point. The first game in the series came out in 2004. With another 10+ year wait easily.

0D0 said:

60 months are still months =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

method114 said:
0D0 said:

Very true but no different then the people who played the Mass Effect and Legend of heroes series. The legend of heroes people have been waiting like 15+ years at this point. The first game in the series came out in 2004. With another 10+ year wait easily.

Pls, no, FF7 will not be like that. We need to be hopeful.

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
method114 said:

Honestly the way FF7 ended I thought was great. You could play the game and never need another one IMO. It provided enough closure for me. Trails of Cold Steel 3 leaves you in one of the worst cliff hangers I've ever seen in my life. Yakuza kiwami 2 actually just did damn near the same thing to me but at least 3 is ready and waiting for me.

Either way I do hope they come out quicker I had such a blast with ff7. Actually trying to get the platinum right now. I've only platinumed 1 game in my life and it was Marvels Spiderman and that was mainly cause it was so easy to get and I did most of the leg work throughout the game.

Around the Network
method114 said:
0D0 said:

Honestly the way FF7 ended I thought was great. You could play the game and never need another one IMO. It provided enough closure for me. Trails of Cold Steel 3 leaves you in one of the worst cliff hangers I've ever seen in my life. Yakuza kiwami 2 actually just did damn near the same thing to me but at least 3 is ready and waiting for me.

Either way I do hope they come out quicker I had such a blast with ff7. Actually trying to get the platinum right now. I've only platinumed 1 game in my life and it was Marvels Spiderman and that was mainly cause it was so easy to get and I did most of the leg work throughout the game.

I regret having found out about Trails franchise only recently. Such a wonderful series and I had never got into it before.

God bless You.

0D0 said:
method114 said:

I regret having found out about Trails franchise only recently. Such a wonderful series and I had never got into it before.

I found out about maybe 7 years ago now. Played the first game and the second one wasn't even out (on PC) so I had to wait. Been hooked ever since even though the first game starts off rather slow and has to many lulls throughout the game. People promised the build up was worth it and they weren't wrong.

IMO it's never to late to get into the series. People even have hour long videos breaking down the the story in the other games. If you don't want to go back to the old school graphics.

It is a complete GOTY and you have to deal.

It's an ok game. That's why it can't be GOTY.

Those nice corridors are not enough to be GOTY.

Stop worrying about episodes. The Last of Us 2 just snatched any chance of victory out of their hands. Ghost of Tsushima is up next.