By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 March 2020

Hmm, Benji-sales seemed to imply Switch had an incredible March in U.S. I think i saw it linked elsewhere on this site.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
peachbuggy said:
Hmm, Benji-sales seemed to imply Switch had an incredible March in U.S. I think i saw it linked elsewhere on this site.

He did. I posted about it earlier. Link here.

Analyst: Switch, PS4 and Xbox One All Saw Increase in Hardware Sales in March

Independent video game industry analyst Benji-Sales via Twitter revealed that video game hardware sales for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the US increased in March after a slow January and February. 

"Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 all saw significant gains in hardware sales in March over January and February in the US," said Benji. "March was a really fantastic month for the video game industry as whole. One small bit of good news in today's stressful times."

"Also something pretty interesting," he added. "I THINK this month had the highest % of Switch Lite sales ever Had the Lite not existed overall Switch sales would have been nowhere near what we will see. Shortages in US for Standard Model are severe."

He also said something about Switch far surpassing anyones' expectations for a non-holiday month.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It seems that the Switch may have had the biggest March of all time based on VGC historical numbers? Does March count as 4 or 5 weeks here?

The Hardware-To-Date chart is not displaying numbers for Wii and NSW at the moment (other systems show up and the graph for those two shows up). But I think this current March is ahead of the DS's best March.

Switch also took the November record back in Nov 2019 for VGC numbers.

NPD will include the current week as well (March 2020 runs 5 weeks from 3/1 - 4/4), so looks on track for close to 600K.

Crazy numbers. Can't wait for NPD and Nintendo reports. Think it might have done a bit better in the US but it's really hard to tell with the shortages, it's purely optimism from my part lmao.

Good work :)

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
xMetroid said:
Crazy numbers. Can't wait for NPD and Nintendo reports. Think it might have done a bit better in the US but it's really hard to tell with the shortages, it's purely optimism from my part lmao.

Good work :)

Switch is getting hard to find, but there are enough Switch Lite out there to help keep sales high.

Exactly ! This pandemic is really helping out the Lite not being a medium flop since Nintendo was expecting higher numbers from it and it was already starting to decline.

Now i don't think there is much stock for it either.

Well there it goes again. The Switch is out of control. If they somehow get enough shipments out, I could see it doing 300k+ for many weeks to come.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

So the switch sold 4.6 million for the first three months in the year. Does anyone know how this compare to the switch previous years and other consoles?

Bloody hell, imagine how high Switch would be without shortages.

PS4 lower than I expected at just 90k above Xbox One. Usually it's further ahead than that.

So if Switch sales are up 33% and Xone sales are up by 10% YTD, the Ps4 must be down a fairly substantial amount, if it counterbalances that, into an actual 6% drop all told, exclusively with its sales figures!