By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 March 2020

NS needs only 8.55m to catch the NES current momentum will have that happen during Q2 of the next FY.

Around the Network

Nice official UK data. Was the switch in adjusted up or down after this ?

xMetroid said:
Nice official UK data. Was the switch in adjusted up or down after this ?

Switch was pretty much spot on. Xbox One was adjusted up and PS4 adjusted down. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:

Seems weird that Xbone would rise but PS4 fall, wonder what's causing that?

I'm guessing because the Xbox One is a fair bit cheaper than the PS4, Game Pass and the new Ori being highly rated. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Does that mean XBO is outselling PS4 in the UK now?

Around the Network

Wasn't sure how good this week was going to be between shortages and stores closing down. Seems like the virus hasn't slowed down the Switch yet.

And to think some doubted the system selling power of Animal Crossing and didn't think it would be a killer app.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Wasn't sure how good this week was going to be between shortages and stores closing down. Seems like the virus hasn't slowed down the Switch yet.

Mainly due to the amount of stock of the Switch Lite. Sales could potentially drop a fair amount if it isn't restocked.

curl-6 said:
And to think some doubted the system selling power of Animal Crossing and didn't think it would be a killer app.

I knew it was going to sell well and boost Switch sales, but I had no idea it would have sold so well so quickly. I thought of it as a franchise that had a half-decent launch, but kept on selling for years.

There is big restocks coming in April apparently so let's see if the Switch can keep up moderately until then.

I'm also wondering , after the pandemic, if the demand for that Switch will remain that high or it will go down a bit. I think the pandemic made some people want to play games (mainly AC), but we will have to see if they will pursuit this later when there is more stock.