By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 March 2020

xMetroid said:

There is big restocks coming in April apparently so let's see if the Switch can keep up moderately until then.

I'm also wondering , after the pandemic, if the demand for that Switch will remain that high or it will go down a bit. I think the pandemic made some people want to play games (mainly AC), but we will have to see if they will pursuit this later when there is more stock.

Source?

Or are we extrapolating that from Foxconn saying their factories would be back to full production by the end of March?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
xMetroid said:

There is big restocks coming in April apparently so let's see if the Switch can keep up moderately until then.

I'm also wondering , after the pandemic, if the demand for that Switch will remain that high or it will go down a bit. I think the pandemic made some people want to play games (mainly AC), but we will have to see if they will pursuit this later when there is more stock.

Source?

Or are we extrapolating that from Foxconn saying their factories would be back to full production by the end of March?

I don't know i just saw that on twitter and resetera. But still i don't think it will take over a month to have a restock since production in China is quickly recovering.

Seems about right. Now with all the lockdowns it's more important than ever to own a portable console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well this is just insane. This was the true meaning of the Switch lite strategy.

The misfortune of some makes another one happy.

Switch Lite is blowing our expectations after the lukewarm reception by the market. Though, I can't wait for the OG model to be back in form !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
curl-6 said:

Source?

I don't know i just saw that on twitter and resetera. But still i don't think it will take over a month to have a restock since production in China is quickly recovering.

What makes you think that China is quickly recovering?

So people buying the Switch Lite only because the Switch sold out? Glad Nintendo’s handheld market picking up the slack. They deserve all their success. That said it’s a little funny that a portable console is selling the most during a period we need to stay home.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Year on Year Sales & Market Share Charts - March 28, 2020

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2017 – (Week ending January 7 to April 1)

2018 – (Week ending January 6 to March 31)

2019 – (Week ending January 5 to March 30)

2020 – (Week ending January 4 to March 28)

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

"Year to date" sales for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2020 versus 2019 and 2020 versus 2018 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Down Year-on-Year 278,027 (-30.5%)

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Up Year-on-Year 1,273,265 (38.8%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 435,208 (-89.2%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 1,367,965 (-40.3%)

Source: VGChartz

Last edited by trunkswd - on 02 April 2020

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
xMetroid said:

What makes you think that China is quickly recovering?

It has been reported multiple times for weeks. Apple said it was doing better end of February 

trunkswd said:

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

You posted the same image twice

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me