By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 28 March 2020

xMetroid said:

Benji says the Switch is currently selling at a "Peak Wii level" in the US for the last weeks of March and currently in April. He does expect shortage soon. So i guess Nintendo is doing restocks but the demand is just insanely high at this point. We got some restocks here in Canada this week. There must be some Switch coming from China's production in there i don't think the Vietnam production can allow them to sell Wii level. So apparently expect crazy numbers for Switch (and games) in March, mainly in the late weeks. And April is really strong too rn but could be balanced by shortage in the next weeks.

I wonder if thats hyperbole or its actually doing peak Wii level.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I believe Benji here. Animal Crossing has transversed mainstream media in a way that I have seen no other Nintendo game do since Pokemon Go.

zorg1000 said:
xMetroid said:

Benji says the Switch is currently selling at a "Peak Wii level" in the US for the last weeks of March and currently in April. He does expect shortage soon. So i guess Nintendo is doing restocks but the demand is just insanely high at this point. We got some restocks here in Canada this week. There must be some Switch coming from China's production in there i don't think the Vietnam production can allow them to sell Wii level. So apparently expect crazy numbers for Switch (and games) in March, mainly in the late weeks. And April is really strong too rn but could be balanced by shortage in the next weeks.

Well i also watched his stream on Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nxINMffTp6c&feature=emb_logo ) and he said around 13 minutes i think to prepare to be absolutely blown away by the NPD numbers for the Switch. PS4/XBONE are also high but Switch is insane apparently. He also said Animal crossing in the US should be around the same numbers as Japan so to expect MINIMUM 7-8 millions for the fiscal year and could very well be 10 millions or more.

newwil7l said:
I believe Benji here. Animal Crossing has transversed mainstream media in a way that I have seen no other Nintendo game do since Pokemon Go.

EXACTLY. I literally thought of the same thing yesterday about how everyone is talking about it and it's kind of a phenomenon right now with people that don't usually buy Nintendo stuff to actually go their way, buy a Switch and Animal crossing.  Less crazy then PGO but this time it really does sell a lot of hardware. Thing is, some people say the pandemic is stopping the possible sales, but i do think this phenomenon would have never happened in that scale without it. We will truly never know, but that's all people have to do right now and the game is perfect for social media and to get distracted during quarantine.

xMetroid said:
zorg1000 said:

Well i also watched his stream on Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nxINMffTp6c&feature=emb_logo ) and he said around 13 minutes i think to prepare to be absolutely blown away by the NPD numbers for the Switch. PS4/XBONE are also high but Switch is insane apparently. He also said Animal crossing in the US should be around the same numbers as Japan so to expect MINIMUM 7-8 millions for the fiscal year and could very well be 10 millions or more.

If only we still got NPD numbers... :(

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
xMetroid said:

If only we still got NPD numbers... :(

Yea, maybe they will leak it if it's pretty impressive or do more comparing. Like "best march in US since DS" or wathever.

PS4/X1 got adjusted up this week I see. Glad to see the news of all consoles selling better this month was taken into consideration.