By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini has just launched

Glad to have gotten something from Nintendo.    I think they planned a full Direct originally and then it had to be downgraded because of the pandemic.  All the release dates looked like May or sooner.  Although Bravely Default 2 had no date, so it may come later.  Even at the beginning they made it clear that release dates are uncertain at this point.

Around the Network

Not the blowout that I think people were expecting, which is maybe why they stealth dropped it to taper expectations. But some nice stuff. I was on the fence with Xenoblade since I've already played through it at least a couple of times, but the added content will probably get me to purchase. New modes for Ring Fit seem fun, esp since I can't go to the gym. The mode that focusses just on running is something I wanted.

I'm excited that an Arms Rep will be the next Smash fighter. In addition to the fact that I just love Arms, I was also hoping for more Nintendo characters in the DLC, so hopefully this indicates that they'll focus more on that for pack 2.

I'm actually kind of excited for Club House games. Really solid Wiisportish title. Would be nice if I had it now while I'm stuck indoors.

aikohualda said:
I might take xenoblade.... i love xbcx... didnt like xb2 that much though... how is the original game compare to xenoblade chronicles x

Xenoblade is much more similar to 2 than X.  In terms of structure it's pretty similar, but IMO it is much stronger in terms of characters and story. 

Not really interested in this Pokemon DLC, I barely touch the game nowadays and sometimes just forgot it was even released. I finished my playtrough in like 15 hours (one weekend) and was such an underwhelming experience. My regret is that I bought the physical copy so I can't resell this garbage game

Curious about this Xenoblade port, I have the Xenoblade 2 but haven't played it yet

Other games that got me interested was Bravely Default II. Can someone tell me if the first was good?

And also Ninjala, sounds great and is giving me Splatoon vibes

Bravely Default 2(Actually 3) looks GORGEOUS!Downloading the demo right now.

Xenoblade looks amazing too!A masterful game, for those who didnt play it.

Solid direct to be honest. a 7.5 for me

Having said that, there was 0 new games there.ZERO.Nintendo is really holding things back.Where the hell is SMT V and Bayonetta 3?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Glad to have gotten something from Nintendo.    I think they planned a full Direct originally and then it had to be downgraded because of the pandemic.  All the release dates looked like May or sooner.  Although Bravely Default 2 had no date, so it may come later.  Even at the beginning they made it clear that release dates are uncertain at this point.

It had a demo, so it needed to be shown either way.Thats probably why.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The original Xenoblade imo would probably be one of the best JRPGs ever if it came out in the current day imo as I feel like the Wii really held the game back, so I am glad that monolithsoft is getting to release the game again in a even better state

Some decent older games coming to Switch. BioShock, Borderlands and XCom are all good franchises. If I didn't already own them on other platforms, I would buy them for the Switch.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Shinsekai: Into the Depths looks right down my alley.

My only complaint is the lack of Metroid Prime 4, but by now they probably don't have a good enough build to show us.