By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 3 Remake possibly coming to Switch?

My god, some people are missing out on some amazing games this generation, by turning their back on Capcom. RE2/7 , DMC5, and MHW were one of the best games in the last 5 years. Buy a PS4 or be happy that Capcom intends to port their entire backlog to the Switch. I know I am

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
HollyGamer said:

Capcom have been generous by porting a lot of games to Switch. 

Yeah, SO generous they split the DMC trilogy into three overpriced games, priced the RE ports for 10 extra without any reason whatsoever, and MegaMan 11 not having a physical release here in Europe!

Seriously, what are you smoking?

Capcom is not the one paying for those games I am more than willing to pay extra for a good portable version and buy their new stuff on my PS4.PC

curl-6 said:

The tragedy is it wouldn't even be that hard for them to bring games like RE7 or RE2/3 Remake to Switch; they wouldn't even have to do it themselves, by now there are multiple studios like Panic Button and QLOC who've shown they can bring "impossible" ports to the system. They could just give it to one of those teams to handle.

Or, they could devote a part of the Company to a 50m install base, proven to be really suited to their games. Putting all your eggs into one basket is never a sound financial choice. Sure, they're at their best now, but what if they have a couple of (financial) blunders next gen (even higher dev costs)? 

Even Monster Hunter is no longer in the Nintendo / portable space anymore. They have no backup.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Based on your professional market researches, of course.

Based on what we've seen. Games like Doom 2016 evidently did well enough to lead to continued support. RE7 on Switch likely would've done as well or better, the series is well established on Nintendo systems. With porting houses like Panic Button it wouldn't even have taken up any of their internal resources.

Or maybe the ports are selling so insanely well that they decided to go this route? Doom 2016 sold well enough more than likely, but obiously not well enough to guarantee a day and date release for the sequel

hunter_alien said:
routsounmanman said:

Yeah, SO generous they split the DMC trilogy into three overpriced games, priced the RE ports for 10 extra without any reason whatsoever, and MegaMan 11 not having a physical release here in Europe!

Capcom is not the one paying for those games I am more than willing to pay extra for a good portable version and buy their new stuff on my PS4.PC

Well, maybe you like to get scammed and price-gouged, but I, certainly, do not. And we are the generous ones giving our hard earned cash to buy their games, not them by spitting digital-only ancient overpriced games.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
curl-6 said:

The tragedy is it wouldn't even be that hard for them to bring games like RE7 or RE2/3 Remake to Switch; they wouldn't even have to do it themselves, by now there are multiple studios like Panic Button and QLOC who've shown they can bring "impossible" ports to the system. They could just give it to one of those teams to handle.

Or, they could devote a part of the Company to a 50m install base, proven to be really suited to their games. Putting all your eggs into one basket is never a sound financial choice. Sure, they're at their best now, but what if they have a couple of (financial) blunders next gen (even higher dev costs)? 

Even Monster Hunter is no longer in the Nintendo / portable space anymore. They have no backup.

But they do They have several strong IP's and development teams. I can guarantee you that they can change their lead platform any day as they did several times in the last 25 years, and nobody will care. Sure, there will be whiners, like always, but if the games are good they will sell well

routsounmanman said:
hunter_alien said:

Well, maybe you like to get scammed and price-gouged, but I, certainly, do not. And we are the generous ones giving our hard earned cash to buy their games, not them by spitting digital-only ancient overpriced games.

But I don't feel that way. I think I am getting a fair deal and I am paying for that deal, otherwise, I would not buy those games. And I think I am not in a minority here, seeing how well these games are doing.

routsounmanman said:
HollyGamer said:

Capcom have been generous by porting a lot of games to Switch. 

They take an example out of Nintendo’s playbook.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still going at full price, despite it being an updated port of a Wii U game.

That’s just one of the many examples.

Last edited by Hynad - on 26 March 2020

I remember when Capcom gave you ungrateful Nintendo fans the exclusive Resident Evil 4? You didn't buy it. You didn't buy Viewtiful Joe. You didn't buy PN03. You didn't buy Killer 7.

Remember when they gave you ungrateful Nintendo fans your own version of Dead Rising? Pushed that poor weak Nintendo Wii to the limit. Who bought it? Not one single one of you!

Remember the 3DS? Remember when Capcom gave you guys the single best looking 3DS game on the console, Resident Evil Revelations? Gave you online co-op AND dual analog support? The only two people that bought it were me and Rol. That's it. I believe Vgchartz still has the official sales listed at 2. I haven't checked in a while. Not to mention SUPER Street Fighter 4 with all new modes and controls.

So Capcom gave you their best. Their best wasn't good enough. Now you get leftover shit. And Monster Hunter.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 26 March 2020

hunter_alien said:
curl-6 said:

Based on what we've seen. Games like Doom 2016 evidently did well enough to lead to continued support. RE7 on Switch likely would've done as well or better, the series is well established on Nintendo systems. With porting houses like Panic Button it wouldn't even have taken up any of their internal resources.

Or maybe the ports are selling so insanely well that they decided to go this route? Doom 2016 sold well enough more than likely, but obiously not well enough to guarantee a day and date release for the sequel

Sold well enough that Doom Eternal is being made for the Switch. Would never have been greenlit if 2016 hadn't made money.