By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 3 Remake possibly coming to Switch?

kazuyamishima said:
Maybe the RE Engine is not compatible with the Switch??

Re7 runs at 1080p and 60fps on Xbone S and PS4 slim.

RE2R runs at 1080p and 50-55 FPS on both consoles.

Maybe they will make a cloud version. But Capcom is been giving a lot of excellent games like DMCV, Mh World, RE2R, Re3R and Re7 in the last 3 years.

Capcom is the one that told Nintendo to put 4GB of ram in the Switch so it could run RE Engine. Capcom is just weird, they always have been but this gen. They just decided later they rather not really buy into the Switch so every game is a test and digital-only in the west while Japan gets a physical and DMC HD collection is $60 on Switch despite all digital while $30 elsewhere.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

Well they are crap to "some" Nintendo fans. But not all call them crap, some of them grateful.

Capcom have been generous by porting a lot of games to Switch. Of course it's a matter of opinion and tastes. Because who don't like playing old relics on portable isn't that's the purpose of Switch.   

No, the purpose of the Switch is not to play old relics portably.

Several publishers have put current games on Switch, from Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein II/Youngblood to Mortal Kombat 11, from Hellblade to Witcher 3. There's no reason RE7 or a new Monster Hunter couldn't be brought to Switch, Crapcom are just too lazy.

Really sick of the lazy argument. Making ports of that caliber takes a lot of ressources that studios may or may not feel is justified or viable, for various reasons. Laziness is almost never a part of the equation.

And let’s not forget that more often than not, the port job isn’t done in-house. Doom, for example, was ported by Panic Button. So, if anything you should express how lazy id Software was for not doing the job themselves. 

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

No, the purpose of the Switch is not to play old relics portably.

Several publishers have put current games on Switch, from Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein II/Youngblood to Mortal Kombat 11, from Hellblade to Witcher 3. There's no reason RE7 or a new Monster Hunter couldn't be brought to Switch, Crapcom are just too lazy.

Really sick of the lazy argument. Making ports of that caliber takes a lot of ressources that studios may or may not feel is justified or viable. Laziness is almost never a part of the equation.

And let’s not forget that more often than not, the port job isn’t done in-house. Doom, for example, was ported by Panic Button. So, if anything you should express how lazy ID was for not doing the job themselves. 

I already covered that; I said Capcom could and should task one of the several competent Switch porting house with the job. Apparently they can't even be stuffed doing that.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Really sick of the lazy argument. Making ports of that caliber takes a lot of ressources that studios may or may not feel is justified or viable. Laziness is almost never a part of the equation.

And let’s not forget that more often than not, the port job isn’t done in-house. Doom, for example, was ported by Panic Button. So, if anything you should express how lazy ID was for not doing the job themselves. 

I already covered that; I said Capcom could and should task one of the several competent Switch porting house with the job. Apparently they can't even be stuffed doing that.

How can it be lazy? Not spending money on something isn’t being lazy. Being lazy is when you can’t be arsed to lift your finger to do something that requires a minimum of effort.

Being conscious with how you go about your finances doesn’t qualify.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

How can it be lazy? Not spending money on something isn’t being lazy. Being lazy is when you can’t be arsed to lift your finger to do something that requires a minimum of effort.

Leaving money on the table isn't being financially conscious. If it's not laziness, it's short-sightedness.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Leaving money on the table isn't being financially conscious. If it's not laziness, it's short-sightedness.

Based on your professional market researches, of course.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

It is lazy to ask people to pay twice the amount for the DMC collection. It is lazy that when asking people to buy the Asian physical release that 2 of the games are digital anyway for $60.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Based on your professional market researches, of course.

Based on what we've seen. Games like Doom 2016 evidently did well enough to lead to continued support. RE7 on Switch likely would've done as well or better, the series is well established on Nintendo systems. With porting houses like Panic Button it wouldn't even have taken up any of their internal resources.

Capcom was SO LAZY that they just copied the online stores code from Mega Man 11 and didn't even delete the Eshop part!!!! SMH CAPCOM MY HEAD!!! MAKE NEW CODE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON AND STOP COPY PASTING

HollyGamer said:
curl-6 said:

I will stop as soon as they start putting out quality games on Switch that aren't ancient relics.

Capcom have been generous by porting a lot of games to Switch. 

Yeah, SO generous they split the DMC trilogy into three overpriced games, priced the RE ports for 10 extra without any reason whatsoever, and MegaMan 11 not having a physical release here in Europe!

Seriously, what are you smoking?