By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 3 Remake possibly coming to Switch?

curl-6 said:
kazuyamishima said:
Maybe the RE Engine is not compatible with the Switch??

Re7 runs at 1080p and 60fps on Xbone S and PS4 slim.

RE2R runs at 1080p and 50-55 FPS on both consoles.

Given the Switch already runs considerably more demanding games from several current gen engines that were not designed with Switch in mind, it seems most likely they simply didn't put the work in.

May be troublesome, difficult and the result being very inferior to the other consoles, but no doubt it is feasible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Given the Switch already runs considerably more demanding games from several current gen engines that were not designed with Switch in mind, it seems most likely they simply didn't put the work in.

May be troublesome, difficult and the result being very inferior to the other consoles, but no doubt it is feasible.

Well, you could say games like Witcher 3 or Doom 2016 were likely quite difficult to bring to Switch and were considerably downgraded, yet plenty of folks didn't seem to mind. I'd happily play a port of RE7 with similar graphics and performance to something like Doom 2016 on Switch.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, you could say games like Witcher 3 or Doom 2016 were likely quite difficult to bring to Switch and were considerably downgraded, yet plenty of folks didn't seem to mind. I'd happily play a port of RE7 with similar graphics and performance to something like Doom 2016 on Switch.

Yep sales of both indicate that whatever was delivery was satisfactory to quite a good amount of Switch owners, so if they deliver similar level on RE3 it would also do well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There are some really good 8th Feb games that got ported to the Switch. A few more I'd love to be able to play on the go...but how did those games sell? Hellblade, Doom, Witcher, etc.*

Would it be worthwhile to make an entirely different, downgraded port for the Switch or should Capcom just stick to what the Switch does really well--running great versions of 7th gen games?

*I bought all of these on day one, btw

d21lewis said:

There are some really good 8th Feb games that got ported to the Switch. A few more I'd love to be able to play on the go...but how did those games sell? Hellblade, Doom, Witcher, etc.*

Would it be worthwhile to make an entirely different, downgraded port for the Switch or should Capcom just stick to what the Switch does really well--running great versions of 7th gen games?

*I bought all of these on day one, btw

They clearly sold well enough; if Doom 2016 had performed poorly for instance, no way we'd be getting Doom Eternal. The fact companies keep bringing current gen ports suggests they do well enough to be worth it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

Well it's still a good comparison, neither you can disagree nor disprove the method. It's still better than nothing. Hell even the first choices is better "Youtube view " or Twitter "like"  

Its not proof of anything though.

Look, if you're happy with what they offer, fine. But don't give other people grief for being dissatisfied with 'support' that consists of reselling last gen or even older games at an inflated price with mandatory downloads or no physical copy at all.

It's a proof like it or not. That's a fact . Many marketer has been doing this since long time ago and it's work. I am grieving because it's just weird  seeing people dissatisfied with everything on their life. Maybe they need to learn how to appreciate life and what they got at least once.  

HollyGamer said:
curl-6 said:

Its not proof of anything though.

Look, if you're happy with what they offer, fine. But don't give other people grief for being dissatisfied with 'support' that consists of reselling last gen or even older games at an inflated price with mandatory downloads or no physical copy at all.

It's a proof like it or not. That's a fact . Many marketer has been doing this since long time ago and it's work. I am grieving because it's just weird  seeing people dissatisfied with everything on their life. Maybe they need to learn how to appreciate life and what they got at least once.  

It's literally not, you haven't proved a single empirical thing.

Again, you're free to be happy with their offerings. But don't tell others they should be happy with lackluster support and anti-consumer practices.

curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

Again, you're free to be happy with their offerings. But don't tell others they should be happy with lackluster support and anti-consumer practices.

It's is.  i can prove it but you refuse it , even if i can prove it you will not accept it. your comment  comment is the prove .

i never said you can be happy with lackluster support, but i can tell whatever i want as well. 

HollyGamer said:
curl-6 said:

It's is.  i can prove it but you refuse it , even if i can prove it you will not accept it. your comment  comment is the prove .

i never said you can be happy with lackluster support, but i can tell whatever i want as well. 

Again, you never provided proof of anything.

If you're happy with their support, good for you. But if others are dissatisfied, they're not wrong to be and their stance is completely justified.

Prob just cloud edition. Capcom hates the Switch

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!