By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 3 Remake possibly coming to Switch?

hunter_alien said:
Wyrdness said:
Both REmake 2 and 3 as well as RE7 are not as demanding as people think the games have really good character models and animations but everything else is actually basic when you look at the textures and assets they're certainly not on par with some of the games already ported. Capcom's support has not been very good in general tbh.

No sorry, this is an outright lie. RE2 and RE3 are some of the best looking games that were released in this generation. Both character models and environment details are absolutely insane. This is not coming only from me, this is also coming from Digital Foundry. Porting them would butcher the experience, the same way it did with The Witcher 3 and Doom 2016. Let's face it, just because those games are "good enough" on the Switch they are nowhere near good when stacked up against other versions.

Watching the Digital Foundry video right now just to make sure I remember correctly. Even the original XBO is running RE2 at 1080p. Throughout the generation, the base XBO has been having a tough time running lots of games without downgrading to 900p and 30fps.

If the base Xbox One can run the experience at 1080p and up to 60fps (though it frequently misses that mark), it can't be pushing the console as hard as you say. 

Capcom has been pushing beautiful looking but surprisingly not complex graphics since Mercenaries 3D on the 3DS. I'm no expert but I think the Switch can handle it with only FPS and Resolution cuts. 30fps at 720p-900p sounds about right.

*Edit* while I was posting, the PC version analysis started playing and they said pretty much any PC can run it without problems.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 26 March 2020

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I remember when Capcom gave you ungrateful Nintendo fans the exclusive Resident Evil 4? You didn't buy it. You didn't buy Viewtiful Joe. You didn't buy PN03. You didn't buy Killer 7.

Remember when they gave you ungrateful Nintendo fans your own version of Dead Rising? Pushed that poor weak Nintendo Wii to the limit. Who bought it? Not one single one of you!

Remember the 3DS? Remember when Capcom gave you guys the single best looking 3DS game on the console, Resident Evil Revelations? Gave you online co-op AND dual analog support? The only two people that bought it were me and Rol. That's it. I believe Vgchartz still has the official sales listed at 2. I haven't checked in a while. Not to mention SUPER Street Fighter 4 with all new modes and controls.

So Capcom gave you their best. Their best wasn't good enough. Now you get leftover shit. And Monster Hunter.

I reckon you're joking, right?

Hynad said:
routsounmanman said:

Yeah, SO generous they split the DMC trilogy into three overpriced games, priced the RE ports for 10 extra without any reason whatsoever, and MegaMan 11 not having a physical release here in Europe!

Seriously, what are you smoking?

They take an example out of Nintendo’s playbook.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still going at full price, despite it being an updated port of a Wii U game.

That’s just one of the many examples.

Are you actually comparing Nintendo and Capcom on their Switch offerings? Nintendo has some blunders (MK8D not being one of them, the main culprit for me is DKTF), but they actually carry a 50m+ system on their own via amazing NEW games, as well as ports and remasters. Meanwhile, Capcom has done NOTHING on Switch, and use it only as a means to fund Xbox / PC / PS games. What happens when that well dries up, though, eh?

routsounmanman said:
Hynad said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still going at full price, despite it being an updated port of a Wii U game.

Are you actually comparing Nintendo and Capcom on their Switch offerings? Nintendo has some blunders (MK8D not being one of them, the main culprit for me is DKTF), but they actually carry a 50m+ system on their own via amazing NEW games, as well as ports and remasters. Meanwhile, Capcom has done NOTHING on Switch, and use it only as a means to fund Xbox / PC / PS games. What happens when that well dries up, though, eh?

You missed the point I made and argue something I didn’t even bring up.

Reading comprehension, and all that jazz. 

routsounmanman said:
d21lewis said:

I remember when Capcom gave you ungrateful Nintendo fans the exclusive Resident Evil 4? You didn't buy it. You didn't buy Viewtiful Joe. You didn't buy PN03. You didn't buy Killer 7.

Remember when they gave you ungrateful Nintendo fans your own version of Dead Rising? Pushed that poor weak Nintendo Wii to the limit. Who bought it? Not one single one of you!

Remember the 3DS? Remember when Capcom gave you guys the single best looking 3DS game on the console, Resident Evil Revelations? Gave you online co-op AND dual analog support? The only two people that bought it were me and Rol. That's it. I believe Vgchartz still has the official sales listed at 2. I haven't checked in a while. Not to mention SUPER Street Fighter 4 with all new modes and controls.

So Capcom gave you their best. Their best wasn't good enough. Now you get leftover shit. And Monster Hunter.

😇

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
routsounmanman said:

😇

:)

Hynad said:
routsounmanman said:

Or, you didn't even read my post properly. I addressed your argument.

routsounmanman said:
Hynad said:

Or, you didn't even read my post properly. I addressed your argument.

You sure didn’t. But I really don’t care if you end up “addressing” it or not.

routsounmanman said:
Hynad said:

What obligation does Capcom have to support Switch? And why that should excuse Nintendo doing practices condemned when others do?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Are we talking the whole game or the title screen?