By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best decade for gaming?

 

I think the best is...

1980s 2 4.35%
 
1990s 24 52.17%
 
2000s 14 30.43%
 
2010s 6 13.04%
 
Total:46

The 2000s for me, Final Fantasy X, CoD 4/WaW/MW2, GTA Vice City, AC2, Halo 2, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc..... 2010s wouldn't be too far off from the 2000s though.



Around the Network

2010's brought me most of my favorite games. Skyward Sword, Persona 5, Hollow Knight, Breath of the Wild, Pokémon X/Y, Portal 2, the list goes on and on and on. It's probably the first decade where games had already "matured" by the start of it, meaning most games didn't age, because the standards by which games are held to haven't changed. That can be seen as a negative thing, to be fair, but not to me.



Azzanation said:

This will mainly depend on the individual growing up and normally in your youth years will be the best decade for tgat person.

While that's certainly a factor, I don't think it's the main one. I grew up in the 90s yet some of my favourite games released in the 2010s, if the decade had simply had more of them I might've voted for it. 



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

90s undisputedly.
It's where gaming evolved.
It's also where gaming was perfected (LoD).
We got Sonic, we got Pokemon, we got 3D, we got JRPGs boom, and did I mention we got freaking LoD?
That's also when I was born, such a perfect decade...



NobleTeam360 said:
The 2000s for me, Final Fantasy X, CoD 4/WaW/MW2, GTA Vice City, AC2, Halo 2, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc..... 2010s wouldn't be too far off from the 2000s though.

You are doing 2000s a disservice there.

Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, Disgaea 1/2/3, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil 4, Bully, Digimon World 3, Diablo 2, Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3/4, Persona 3/4, Uncharted 2, Pokemon Gen 3/4, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and so much more (Gran Turismo, Ace Combat, Phantom Brave, etc.)

You picked some weak ass games on such a amazing decade xP (FF10, CoD, AC, ME... seriously xD)



Around the Network

Might be biased b/c I grew up as a child of the 90s, but to me this era in gaming is tops - between all the great SNES and Genesis stuff, some great PC titles like Starcraft and Roller Coaster Tycoon, Everquest, along with some super fun N64 local multiplayer games, it's yet to be matched.

2000s is a close second. It was a tremendous blend of DC, GC, and Xbox 360 games, and I was beginning to branch out and explore other genres and consoles. Stuff like Gears brought me into the glorious online romps of XBL, and the Wii revolution was fresh and exciting. And I'm not a huge Sony guy, but even the PS2 was great for me, still the highpoint of PS consoles IMO.



 

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

When we look at the 2 most hyped games this year they are remakes of 90s games. RE3 and FF7. To a smaller degree Langrisser and Trials of Mana. Last year RE2 was a GOTY contender. Then Switch had Zelda LA remake. Then I keep hearing more about 90s game remasters on digital shops and sequels to 90s franchises like Shenmue and Streets of Rage. Limited Run is re-releasing 90s Star Wars games.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

BraLoD said:
NobleTeam360 said:
The 2000s for me, Final Fantasy X, CoD 4/WaW/MW2, GTA Vice City, AC2, Halo 2, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc..... 2010s wouldn't be too far off from the 2000s though.

You are doing 2000s a disservice there.

Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, Disgaea 1/2/3, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil 4, Bully, Digimon World 3, Diablo 2, Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3/4, Persona 3/4, Uncharted 2, Pokemon Gen 3/4, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and so much more (Gran Turismo, Ace Combat, Phantom Brave, etc.)

You picked some weak ass games on such a amazing decade xP (FF10, CoD, AC, ME... seriously xD)

To each their own; personally I'd take Mass Effect or COD Modern Warfare/World at War over the likes of Demon's Souls or Final Fantasy any day.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

BraLoD said:
NobleTeam360 said:
The 2000s for me, Final Fantasy X, CoD 4/WaW/MW2, GTA Vice City, AC2, Halo 2, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, etc..... 2010s wouldn't be too far off from the 2000s though.

You are doing 2000s a disservice there.

Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, Disgaea 1/2/3, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil 4, Bully, Digimon World 3, Diablo 2, Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3/4, Persona 3/4, Uncharted 2, Pokemon Gen 3/4, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and so much more (Gran Turismo, Ace Combat, Phantom Brave, etc.)

You picked some weak ass games on such a amazing decade xP (FF10, CoD, AC, ME... seriously xD)

Well, the games I mentioned were really amazing imo, plus I've only recently started going back and playing some "older" gen games like the ones you mentioned, primarily Persona 3/4, FF9 and XII, etc... Loved Ace Combat 4 and the Gran Turismo series though (before 4 that is). 



Leynos said:
When we look at the 2 most hyped games this year they are remakes of 90s games. RE3 and FF7. To a smaller degree Langrisser and Trials of Mana. Last year RE2 was a GOTY contender. Then Switch had Zelda LA remake. Then I keep hearing more about 90s game remasters on digital shops and sequels to 90s franchises like Shenmue and Streets of Rage. Limited Run is re-releasing 90s Star Wars games.

That game barely qualifies as 90s.  Released on Dec 29th, 1999. 

Doesn't change your valid point any though.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."