By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will prevail? Xbox Power or Playstation Speed?

Tagged games:

Pick your side!

XBOX 27 31.03%

PLAYSTATION 50 57.47%

Master Race 10 11.49%

Total:87
AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:

WiiU sold worse than Vita and VirtuaBoy done even worse, but still we have plenty of pre-PS2 HW that were total shit.

I am pretty sure Japan piggybacked the Vita. It was the only system that did as horribly as the XBO did in Japan... 

PSVita did as horrible as XBo in Japan?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
AsGryffynn said:

I am pretty sure Japan piggybacked the Vita. It was the only system that did as horribly as the XBO did in Japan... 

In America. 

Though apparently it had a big launch... it just pretty much moved downwards after it became clear the machine wasn't a miracle portable. 

I'm more amazed how the 3DS sold at all. 

AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:

In America. 

Though apparently it had a big launch... it just pretty much moved downwards after it became clear the machine wasn't a miracle portable. 

I'm more amazed how the 3DS sold at all. 

So then WiiU didn't had any market that liked it? That would be even bigger flop.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yep, safe to say at this point the PS5's faster SSD is the "Blast Processing" of the 9th gen console war.

Shiken said:

Number 3, you act as though quarantine will last forever.  If that is your best argument, a temporary condition that may or may not last more than a month, then it is telling just how hard you had to reach.  You would have been better off not saying anything at all.

Other arguments: all good, I suppose. This one though? Don't kid yourself. This will realistically last for the next two years.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:

Yep, safe to say at this point the PS5's faster SSD is the "Blast Processing" of the 9th gen console war.

That's one of the main reasons I made this thread, to bring it up.

Jokes aside, PS5 SSD speed is not a myth at least xD

Well, it wasn't a myth that Megadrive had a faster CPU than the SNES either.

Both however are/were hyped up as definitive advantages when ultimately they don't outweigh all the other things the rival system does better.

BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:

Both however are/were hyped up as definitive advantages when ultimately they don't outweigh all the other things the rival system does better.

Blast Processing is a myth, it doesn't exist and was a marketing stunt, even if the Mega Drive was indeed faster.

PS5 SSD speed is real, and all the tech reviews we have about it from devs is tnat it will make a difference.

If it outweights or not the XSX power is yet to be seen.

I'm not saying it does, nor saying it does not, right now we simply don't know, even if one can really believe either way.

The thing is, its no secret sauce, it exists, but to what extent it can bring its benefits we will have to see during next gen, which is honestly exciting.

I'm still bummed about those RAMs, tho.

(Waiting for CGI to come say I shouldn't xP)

The specs are a known quantity; I defer to those who know more about tech than either of us such as Pemalite; XSX is more capable.

This is just another case of fans focusing on the one thing their box does better than the 'enemy' box.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 March 2020

BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:

Blast Processing is a myth, it doesn't exist and was a marketing stunt, even if the Mega Drive was indeed faster.

PS5 SSD speed is real, and all the tech reviews we have about it from devs is tnat it will make a difference.

If it outweights or not the XSX power is yet to be seen.

I'm not saying it does, nor saying it does not, right now we simply don't know, even if one can really believe either way.

The thing is, its no secret sauce, it exists, but to what extent it can bring its benefits we will have to see during next gen, which is honestly exciting.

I'm still bummed about those RAMs, tho.

(Waiting for CGI to come say I shouldn't xP)

Blast Processing was no myth https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-blast-processing-retro-analysis

Just was never really used and what was marketed was a misdirection

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Jaicee said:
Shiken said:

Other arguments: all good, I suppose. This one though? Don't kid yourself. This will realistically last for the next two years.

People will be stuck at home and out of work for two years?  Not how that works...

I myself am already back to work, and I get over an hour a day to play from my commute to beat traffic.  I was out of work for one week.  Now don't get me wrong, there are still shut downs happening over the next month or so.  But if you really think that people will still be locked in their homes by the time the new consoles drop, you will be in for what I hope would be a pleasant suprise for you.

But I guess the situation may differ from country to country as well, and some will bounce back faster than others.  Only time will tell, I can only speak for the trends I see around me.  If this does stretch out over the course of two years, console wars will be the last thing on anyone's mind to begin with TBH.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The more I go outside Vgchartz and see what the internet thinks of the specs between the two....the more I’m convinced multiplats will have a resolution and or FPS disparity between PS5/series x.

The sentiment is that the ssd overall can’t compensate for a weaker cpu and GPU. Too many factors favor the series x for the ssd to make up the gap. And the series x also has a ssd...I mean the only way I can believe the ssd clinging is if Xbox didn’t have one.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.