By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

Marth said:

Finally happy now? lol

What planet do you live on? None of those games were new. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Marth said:

Finally happy now? lol

Well that's flat out not true. The new games might not have interested you, but that doesn't mean they're not new.

Personally, I'm not super hot on the re-releases (it might have been different if the 3D collection were remasters, but oh well). But the fact that they're announcing this about two weeks before release seems to support the notion that their holiday games are going to be announced shortly, seeing as how November and December are both barren at the moment.

Now, their holiday games might end up being limited to publishing Bravely Default 2, but *reggienotmyproblem.jpg*

Let's make a pool

When will Nintendo release a new game ?

Like a NEW game, not a remake

And by Nintendo I meant NINTENDO, not 3rd party. So no Monster Hunter whatever if it's a new game or a port. No Bravely Default or Pokemon Snap either

I'm still believing Metroid 2D is coming this November, but now I'm afraid it's just a Samus Return port :/

I'm feeling BOTW 2 will be a mid year release (or Q3 release) as next year we surely will get a new Pokemon game and Pokemon games are always released on Q4

So what do you think can come in first half of 2021?

noname2200 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well that's flat out not true. The new games might not have interested you, but that doesn't mean they're not new.

I know we're still on planet ~show a list of technically new games to try and prove the Switch's release schedule isn't all that bad~ ... but are we really going to extend that to a free NSO battle royal Mario game and an AR Mario Kart game? They're cool, but they're ultimately as gimmicky as gimmicks can get (ironically more so the one you pay for rather than the one that just requires a subscription). The battle royal game isn't even a full release, it's only available for a limited time and unlike the 3D Collection once it's not being offered you don't have it anymore. 

Sometimes the defense of Nintendo's release schedule feels like it goes a bit too far, if you don't want ports of great games that Direct is honestly not going to do anything for 99% of those people. And it's fine for those people to criticize that. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 03 September 2020

Around the Network

Yay more old games I already finished at full price.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
noname2200 said:

I know we're still on planet ~show a list of technically new games to try and prove the Switch's release schedule isn't all that bad~ ... but are we really going to extend that to a free NSO battle royal Mario game and an AR Mario Kart game? They're cool, but they're ultimately as gimmicky as gimmicks can get (ironically more so the one you pay for rather than the one that just requires a subscription). The battle royal game isn't even a full release, it's only available for a limited time and unlike the 3D Collection once it's not being offered you don't have it anymore. 

Sometimes the defense of Nintendo's release schedule feels like it goes a bit too far, if you don't want ports of great games that Direct is honestly not going to do anything for 99% of those people. And it's fine for those people to criticize that. 

Hey, I get it, you're not excited in their new games, or any of the ports, and that's perfectly fair: critique away, with my full blessing! I won't even pretend that I'm not personally underwhelmed with the 2020 lineup at the moment. But they did just announce two new titles, each of which will legitimately excite/intrigue some people, and I think it's often important to be communicate our thoughts in a clear and accurate manner. If nothing else, that minimal level of restraint might discourage some of the histrionics that happen on this site.

noname2200 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

It's almost as if you failed to understand the context of the entire conversation. If someone runs to you in a panic saying that Zombies are attacking, and there's no weapons around, I bet you'd reply with "That wooden spoon in the silverware drawer is a weapon!". If someone complained that no women liked him you'd reply with "Oh but the old lunch lady likes you!".

Cerebralbore101 said:
noname2200 said:

It's almost as if you failed to understand the context of the entire conversation. If someone runs to you in a panic saying that Zombies are attacking, and there's no weapons around, I bet you'd reply with "That wooden spoon in the silverware drawer is a weapon!". If someone complained that no women liked him you'd reply with "Oh but the old lunch lady likes you!".

But... Mario Kart Live Home Circuit is clearly a new game. There is no arguing around that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

No New 2D AAA Super Mario Bros. , no love. Nintendo seems hated 2D Mario Bros. The 3d world port receives online multiplayer, but not New Super Marios Bros. Collection. The "new"games, a battle royale one, is a 2D game, but a 2D Z team production.