By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

Link_Nines.XBC said:

I guess dropping the Directs without previous announcement is their new way to release them.

Hardly new for a Mini, especially one that packs this little punch. Can you imagine how much salt there'd be right now if they had announced this Mini days ahead of time?

Around the Network

Time to sell my Switch

noname2200 said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

I guess dropping the Directs without previous announcement is their new way to release them.

Hardly new for a Mini, especially one that packs this little punch. Can you imagine how much salt there'd be right now if they had announced this Mini days ahead of time?

I guess there's been so many Mini directs that I didn't remember there were "surprise" ones before.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Isn't this the 20th "Nintendo Direct immanent" rumor this year? All so far have turned out to either be false, or foretell a direct that had nothing to do with Nintendo-made games.

Well yeah. 20+ non-Nintendo games in a direct would still keep the thread title accurate to Nintendo's 2020 release schedule.

Except Pikmin 3 already has a scheduled release date.   The thread title is already false even before we get the next Direct.

Nope, this thread is simply undead.  People just want to keep it alive.  These complaints aren't particularly valid, but lack of validity hasn't stopped this thread at all.

Technically correct, but still oh so wrong, because it's just a re-release of an old game. For the Nintendo hardcore, do you really think a re-release is going to get them excited? They already played that game 7 years ago. Sure, it's nice to own it on Switch, and I'll be double dipping. But this is in no way a replacement for BotW2 or Odyssey 2 or *any* new Nintendo game for that matter.

Astral Chain was my 2019 GOTY and helped ease the wait of Bayonetta 3 as I figured. They will show something at the Game Awards. They showed nothing. I can't even remember if they had a trailer for anything. It's been a year since Astral Chain and now I am back to being where the fuck is a trailer for Bayo 3? I don't care if it's a December 2022 game just give me something to hang onto. I literally have nothing to buy on this system for the rest of 2020. Not counting LRG since it's another form of a re-release and besides, they take 6-8 months to deliver after order. Looks like Panzer Dragoon won't ship in 2020. Woo... so still not played that. This really feels like Nintendo of 5-6 years ago.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Based on rumours the new games to be released on this Q4 are

Super Mario All Stars 2
A 2D Metroid
An old school Fire Emblem
And Monster Hunter

I'm really interested in like.. all them, so I hope rumours to be true lol

Saving some money just in case

trunkswd said:
IcaroRibeiro said:
Based on rumours the new games to be released on this Q4 are

Super Mario All Stars 2
A 2D Metroid
An old school Fire Emblem
And Monster Hunter

I'm really interested in like.. all them, so I hope rumours to be true lol

Saving some money just in case

I'd be happy with remaster or remakes of 3D Mario games. Mainly Super Mario 64, followed by Galaxy 1 and 2.

I think Sunshine is more likely than Galaxy 2

I personally want Sunshine, not many folks had Game Cube so it will be new for us 

Cerebralbore101 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Except Pikmin 3 already has a scheduled release date.   The thread title is already false even before we get the next Direct.

Nope, this thread is simply undead.  People just want to keep it alive.  These complaints aren't particularly valid, but lack of validity hasn't stopped this thread at all.

Technically correct, but still oh so wrong, because it's just a re-release of an old game. For the Nintendo hardcore, do you really think a re-release is going to get them excited? They already played that game 7 years ago. Sure, it's nice to own it on Switch, and I'll be double dipping. But this is in no way a replacement for BotW2 or Odyssey 2 or *any* new Nintendo game for that matter.

Heh, this is an ironic comment.  Not only does Nintendo have a game scheduled for release, but more importantly there are still plenty of third party games getting released.  On top of that the eShop seems to have a new sale every couple of weeks, and those sales are a good incentive to try something for a person who is out of games to play.  That is why this complaining about "no games" is kinda nuts.  There are plenty of games. 

People seem to be freaking out, because they are 1) only satisfied by games published by Nintendo, and 2) assume that Nintendo isn't making games, because they haven't announced them in a Direct.  The problem with 1) is that this person will never be satisfied, because Nintendo can only make so many games at one time.  The problem with 2) is that it's just plain wrong.  This thread has been complaining for months that Nintendo isn't releasing any games, while Nintendo keeps announcing games and releasing them.  They just haven't had a big direct.

This thread exists mosty because people like to complain.  Would I like a Direct?  Yes.  In the meantime I can find games to play, and I know Nintendo is working on games even if they don't have a Direct.  And in fact they do occassionally announce new games like Paper Mario or Pikmin, but they just don't announce them in a Direct.

Guys this is fucking ridiculous, now it's rumored that there won't be any first party announcement on the 28th or let alone this week, as the Direct Mini Partner Showcase was the direct that was rumored the entire time for this week.

Guys, we need to make sure that Nintendo knows that they should never do this bullshit ever again, where they unveil their Holiday Titles in FUCKING SEPTEMBER, this is completely unacceptable and stupid on their part. They're literally shooting themselves in the foot not marketing these game long enough and not getting us excited for the future to continue to stay engaged with Nintendo. Nintendo is literally making crazy fans make threats towards other people over this, and they literally do not care. I'm so fucking done with their ignorant ass mindset.

And to those people that say this is fine and I need to calm down and I'm expecting too much: FUCK OFF! DONT TELL ME OR OTHERS HOW TO ACT

We have every single right to complain, and Nintendo does owe us something because we're the ones that keep them alive.

Plus, to those people who hate us complaining. Why does it benefit you that Nintendo doesn't reveal anything that's 1-2 from release? Why are you guys trying so hard to stop us from complaining. What could you possibly gain from Nintendo not unveiling anything.

javi741 said:
Guys this is fucking ridiculous, now it's rumored that there won't be any first party announcement on the 28th or let alone this week, as the Direct Mini Partner Showcase was the direct that was rumored the entire time for this week.

Guys, we need to make sure that Nintendo knows that they should never do this bullshit ever again, where they unveil their Holiday Titles in FUCKING SEPTEMBER, this is completely unacceptable and stupid on their part. They're literally shooting themselves in the foot not marketing these game long enough and not getting us excited for the future to continue to stay engaged with Nintendo. Nintendo is literally making crazy fans make threats towards other people over this, and they literally do not care. I'm so fucking done with their ignorant ass mindset.

And to those people that say this is fine and I need to calm down and I'm expecting too much: FUCK OFF! DONT TELL ME OR OTHERS HOW TO ACT

We have every single right to complain, and Nintendo does owe us something because we're the ones that keep them alive.

Plus, to those people who hate us complaining. Why does it benefit you that Nintendo doesn't reveal anything that's 1-2 from release? Why are you guys trying so hard to stop us from complaining. What could you possibly gain from Nintendo not unveiling anything.

Marketing for animal crossing didn’t start until really late, I’m sure Nintendo isn’t worried about anything. Also, if the holiday game really is a 3D Mario collection, that does not need a lot of marketing