By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

curl-6 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You don't need to do that. We all already know! Don't need to confirm the easily confirmable. 

I'll do you one better - if a Direct isn't announced this week, i'll write in my sig that i'm a blissfully ignorant hopeful idiot for a whole month  

Not as like an official or serious bet, but as a bit of fun, sure, why not. After so many letdowns and false rumors I guess I just can't see this week being any different, I've been burned too many times. I'm sure tomorrow will be just another morning of me waking up, checking twitter, and being disappointed. Nintendo just don't seem to give a shit any more.

Welp

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Jumpin said:

But that's not true. There are almost 50 games scheduled on the EShop for the next week alone. And Nintendo reveals between 30 and 70 new games every week. There has never been a point in Nintendo's history when their schedules have been this rich with content.

While you may not be looking forward to anything, that doesn't make the "barren schedule" statement true. If we're looking at things objectively, not only do we see this Q4 with perhaps the largest lineup of games ever for a Q4 of any Nintendo system, but also, potentially, the highest Q4 sales for any Nintendo console ever; the standing record is Wii with 34 million set in both Fy10 and 11. And while Nintendo hasn't revealed most of Q1 Fy21 schedule, it's certain that several hundred games will release in the period, and that software sales will potentially break Nintendo's previous record set by the Wii Fy11 of 31 million software units sold.

Honestly in December the discussion on many sites including Nintendo fans discussions people were wondering what games will release in the first half of 2020. Animal crossing a delayed game was the only one but everyone seemed positive because hey a direct will come January maybe February and announce some games and probably DLC for some big releases.  January/February discussions basically exist of ; 'Where is the Nintendo direct? I just buy some games to kill the time but all I really look forward to is Animal crossing'  A sentiment we also saw on youtube.     

The Switch is a huge succesfull console but Curl-6 sentiment is maybe exaggerated but certainly not uncommon.  At this point it starts to feel they delayed Animal Crossing to have atleast a big game in the first half of the year.   How would people have felt now if Animal crossing released last November/December? 

For someone who likes games and Nintendo I hope I get quoted in 5 minutes because Nintendo just announced a general direct and announces a ton of games.

Halleluya to myself!!

The lamest abyss of all time.

Well, that was a short time of darkness, huh? :P

Mr.GameCrazy said:

We went from staring into the abyss of nothingness to staring into the abyss of pure mediocrity. Yah!

Around the Network

Goldmember voice: "Well obviously there is no pleasing you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

We went from staring into the abyss of nothingness to staring into the abyss of pure mediocrity. Yah!

My fear is that the big holiday title this year (whatever it will be) will be delayed to February, March or April of 2021 due to COVID-19. We could very well have a pretty "eh" holiday title this year.

2017: Super Mario Odyssey (late October, barely Holiday), Xenoblade Chronicles 2

2018: Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

2019: Pokemon Sword and Shield

2020: ? I have a feeling it won't be Breath of the Wild 2.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

and just like that....there were games again.

Can’t wait for this thread to be revived after May 29th

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Kwaidd said:

and just like that....there were games again.

MasonADC said:
Can’t wait for this thread to be revived after May 29th

This Mini-Direct announced nothing big. It's all smaller games, and inconsequential stuff.

Wake me up when Nintendo announces something serious for 2020 like Pikmin 4, BotW2 release date, or Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door 2.