By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: ACNH Will Become Best Selling GOAT in Japan [Update 7.15mil]

so how much do you believe in this BOLD Prediction?

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/3519d7d6-6bd0-4adf-be6f-2b0f0380b8be" width="1240" height="2008">

Pokemon RBG over 10mil with second place being Pokemon GS over 7mil. Does AC New Horizons have a chance?

post your thoughts

Around the Network

I think it can beat GS tbh as the series is already averaging 5m in Japan passing RBG depends it's plausible but if they support it continuously in the same way they supported games like Smash and Splatoon.

I was just about to post then realized I'd read the title wrong. You're predicting it'll beat GS, but not RBG right?
Because I don't see anything reaching RBG levels in japan ever again and it would have to pretty much double New Leaf sales to do so.

But a bold prediction regardless.
If everything aligns perfectly then just maybe it could hit those 7 mil+ of GS, but I don't exactly expect it.
If I have to make a concrete guess I'd say 6 mil in japan (physical + digital, if we can even get those numbers).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Gotta admit 7m+ for Japan sales is a hell of a bold prediction. I do think New Horizons will beat all previous Animal Crossing records both in Japan and worldwide. But 7m+ in Japan alone? Not sure. That is extremely bold.

Oh yeah, it will do 7m+ in Japan.Everything is pointing out to a 2m+ launch, and animal crossing will have gigantic legs.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

This is the boldest prediction yet! I am very reluctant to bet against your bold predictions, as most of them seem to be almost unerringly being proven feasible. However this 1, i'm not sure Japan has the right market conditions these days to approach these "old" LTD sales figures.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

theDX said:
SpokenTruth said:
7 million? That's 3 times higher than the next best Switch title.

I'm going to say no.

Pokemon Sword/Shield sold over 4 million

So is smash :)

It won't. 5 million max is my take.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
It won't. 5 million max is my take.

Problem is 5mil isn’t the max, he’ll I think that’s the average prediction 

pokemon SS is well over 4mil right now

super smash is gonna end around 4.5mil lifetime

AC probably going to be 5mil by years end at this rate

I think 5-6 million is doable