Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: ACNH Will Become Best Selling GOAT in Japan [Update 7.15mil]

Jumpin said:
It's off to a very good start. I'd say at this point you're likely correct. But it's a very weird time for making predictions based on initial data given the distance to the holidays. Sales will inevitably cool off, and it's a matter of whether or not the fire remains until the holidays, or at least a spark for re-ignition which is the big unknown - assuming Nintendo doesn't have a firestriker update in the plans.

It’s the best time. And also the leggiest game of last gen probably be pretty leggy with dlc and updates coming out :)

if it starts off with ship+digital around let’s say... 3.5mil this quarter than it’ll probably be 5.5mil by end of year

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Jumpin said:
It's off to a very good start. I'd say at this point you're likely correct. But it's a very weird time for making predictions based on initial data given the distance to the holidays. Sales will inevitably cool off, and it's a matter of whether or not the fire remains until the holidays, or at least a spark for re-ignition which is the big unknown - assuming Nintendo doesn't have a firestriker update in the plans.

It’s the best time. And also the leggiest game of last gen probably be pretty leggy with dlc and updates coming out :)

if it starts off with ship+digital around let’s say... 3.5mil this quarter than it’ll probably be 5.5mil by end of year

Oh trust me, I have no doubt that the distance until the holidays is not a problem for your predictions which have made you somewhat of a legend around here.

I'm only speaking for myself in my previous post.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 24 March 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202003/25195316.html

Including digital, it's likely already halfway there in just 3 days. 7.5m LT should be done.

so compared to the other games

Animal Crossing: Wild World FW  335.425 TOTAL 5.3M
Animal Crossing: New Leaf FW7  21.786 TOTAL 5.8M

doesnt look that bold after those crazy first week sales wow

Around the Network
Clank said:

so compared to the other games

Animal Crossing: Wild World FW  335.425 TOTAL 5.3M
Animal Crossing: New Leaf FW7  21.786 TOTAL 5.8M

doesnt look that bold after those crazy first week sales wow

We need to know what ship+digital sales are for the quarter. If it’s close to 4mil then it’s gonna be a wild ride

Digital sales have put the opening to above 2.5m which means the game in 3 days sold around half the LT of prior games.

So that 1.88 million is just Physical copies?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
So that 1.88 million is just Physical copies?

Yes.

With the amount of people who are just sitting at home because of the pandemic, it is hard to know how many digital sales there will be. It seems reasonable to think it is high. A lot of people are just going to download the game instead of leaving the house to shop.