Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry Video: Hands-On With Xbox Series X + Impressions + Xbox One X Size Comparisons + Official Specs + Ray Tracing

CGI-Quality said:
DonFerrari said:

For me PSN is still a slugg on PS4 and PS4Pro, it takes to long to load anything on any area of the store.

My phone loads 10x faster.

The Store is slow, yes, but not the overall interface. 

I do agree, the interface for everything else is quite smooth ("TV" takes some 10s to load but that doesn't bother me, still it is funny that my TV and phone loads crunchyroll faster than PS4).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Sorry I missed this:

"That won’t all be used in games, however. Games will get a total of 13.5GB – 10GB of GPU optimal memory and 3.5GB of standard memory, while the remaining 2.5GB is reserved for the operating system."

https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x-full-specs-revealed-just-how-powerful-is-microsofts-next-gen-console

DonFerrari said:
The throughput of the SSD 2.4 while quite fast is slower than some already "old" SSD on the market, so either Sony solution is quite faster or Mark Cerny was at least very misleading on the "superior to any current SSD solution in the market".

Cerny talked about their SSD solution nearly whole year ago, and his words were about what was available in the market place back then. 

I still think we see a good SSD solution on the PS5 but it may be comparable to what PCs can take by time of release

twintail said:

DonFerrari said:
The throughput of the SSD 2.4 while quite fast is slower than some already "old" SSD on the market, so either Sony solution is quite faster or Mark Cerny was at least very misleading on the "superior to any current SSD solution in the market".

Cerny talked about their SSD solution nearly whole year ago, and his words were about what was available in the market place back then. 

I still think we see a good SSD solution on the PS5 but it may be comparable to what PCs can take by time of release

It's still at least 20x faster than the best case scenario with HDD currently. But it's not magic and not all games will load 20 times faster. There's much more to preparing the next level/scene/whatever than streaming in the data. However waiting for over a minute for a game to start will hopefully be over with.

Super sexy specs.

Also no way this costs less than 600 USD (700-800 CAD).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Super sexy specs.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that way too.

I  have a feeling that such a powerful and expensive console all but confirms the existence of a series S. There is no way that they would leave the majority of console consumers without an option.

ironmanDX said:
barneystinson69 said:
Super sexy specs.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that way too.

I  have a feeling that such a powerful and expensive console all but confirms the existence of a series S. There is no way that they would leave the majority of console consumers without an option.

How so? Even at $499, which is the likely price, the still imaginary series s cant be more than $100 cheaper with only a weaker gpu.

CGI-Quality said:
Radek said:

Maybe it's 10 GB for games and 6 GB for system? Sounds overkill for system RAM but who knows?

No such thing, particularly in a console. The more, the better.

The more for GAMES, the better. More than 2gb for OS is already overkill.

Nu-13 said:
CGI-Quality said:

No such thing, particularly in a console. The more, the better.

The more for GAMES, the better. More than 2gb for OS is already overkill.

No, the more, OVERALL, the better. Again, there's no such thing as overkill for System RAM, be it in a PC or console. You cannot have too much memory, because the system will allot resources to make use of it and things will run much smoother as a result.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 16 March 2020

JRPGfan said:

watching video... intrest.
The slightly weird:

Hardware accelerated ray-tracing (amd version).

*** can run parallel to normal operation workloads, without effecting the other stuff.
This is a "extra" 13 Teraflops of Raytraceing workloads via parallel processing.

Might not have as hard a "hit" from useing Raytracing, as Nvidia has on PC side.

Uh.. sorry to rain into your parade, but this one has me worried the most. AMD/MS/DF say 380 GIntersections/s. How did they get to this number?

Solution: 52 CUs * 4 TMUs * 1.825 GHz = 380 GIntersections/s

This tells us that AMD's RDNA2 accelerates RT using the TMUs (or the TMUs simply limit RT). This is by far inferior to NVidias solution. and it is not an extra TFlops, it would actually mean taking away from the 12TFlops...