By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 7 March 2020

Strong PS4 sales for a 6 year old console on the verge of being replaced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Spring drops all around. If ps4 goes back to 6k in japan next week, it could even drop bellow 130k worldwide.

Glad the corona virus is only impacting 1 region for the Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Signalstar said:

I was going to say something similar but it appears to be controversial as it doesn't feed the narrative that's being used on this site. Whether they're 40% down or 30% YoY or whatever the case is they are lower than last gen as this time and apparently that's all that matters. How dare anyone say anything positive about a 6 year old + console. Even though PS4/X1 is still 13 million units higher launch aligned with PS3/X360 according to this sites "estimates". Then again these estimates are highly questionable as of late in the last few months. Estimates such as randomly adjusting down PS4's 2017 (Sony confirmed 20.2M) year numbers to make it look like Switch outsold its peak year. That along with having to adjust down Switch in the millions after this past Christmas as well as having to adjust PS4 up by 1 Million in June of 2019. It's pretty obvious whatever tracking method being used on this site is highly inaccurate as of late. Even still the PS4 is selling fine at this point in its lifecycle for its price and still has great exclusives lined up over the next 3 months that will surely cause a bump regardless of “40% down”.

Good numbers for a system that is 6+ years old and it’s $299/399.

The switch is starting to get affected by the coronavirus, will we see any drops in other regions aside of Japan??

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

The switch is starting to get affected by the coronavirus, will we see any drops in other regions aside of Japan??

The productions for the US stock was moved to Vietnam last year. Unless Vietnam gets heavily impacted by the coronavirus then they should be fine. I also heard production in Foxconn is underway so we will see Japan stock to be fixed in the next couple months. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Blood_Tears said:
Signalstar said:

I was going to say something similar but it appears to be controversial as it doesn't feed the narrative that's being used on this site. Whether they're 40% down or 30% YoY or whatever the case is they are lower than last gen as this time and apparently that's all that matters. How dare anyone say anything positive about a 6 year old + console. Even though PS4/X1 is still 13 million units higher launch aligned with PS3/X360 according to this sites "estimates". Then again these estimates are highly questionable as of late in the last few months. Estimates such as randomly adjusting down PS4's 2017 (Sony confirmed 20.2M) year numbers to make it look like Switch outsold its peak year. That along with having to adjust down Switch in the millions after this past Christmas as well as having to adjust PS4 up by 1 Million in June of 2019. It's pretty obvious whatever tracking method being used on this site is highly inaccurate as of late. Even still the PS4 is selling fine at this point in its lifecycle for its price and still has great exclusives lined up over the next 3 months that will surely cause a bump regardless of “40% down”.

Seems like you have issues that wants to be addressed at the people managing this website. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
kazuyamishima said:

The productions for the US stock was moved to Vietnam last year. Unless Vietnam gets heavily impacted by the coronavirus then they should be fine. I also heard production in Foxconn is underway so we will see Japan stock to be fixed in the next couple months. 

Anecdotally, I have not seen the regular model in any stores near me for at least a week, Lite is still is stock but it's starting to get low.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Blood_Tears said:
Signalstar said:

You of all people accusing others of downplaying a system and having an agenda against it is more ironic than a solid iron statue of Alanis Morisette doing the ironing.

kazuyamishima said:

I forget exactly who, but one analyst predicted worldwide stock issues by April. Things might get bad soon