By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 7 March 2020

victor83fernandes said:
MasonADC said:

I forget exactly who, but one analyst predicted worldwide stock issues by April. Things might get bad soon

Guys, how long have you followed gaming news? This is normal for Nintendo, they create low stock on purpose. The more unavailable a product is the more desirable it becomes. If a product is too available, people will just wait to see price drops or sales. Its artificial demand.

The same will happen with the launch of ps5, sony will create shortages, to give the impression that its a very desirable product, buy it now before it goes is a very known tactic.

Show me one good piece of evidence that points towards these shortages being artificial. When you can’t, let’s go back to the real world and remember that china( where production of the switch takes place) was, and still is on shutdown 

Around the Network

Some conspiracy theories just refuse to die, sadly.

All through 2017 certain folks insisted it was artificial scarcity too, despite there being a confirmed shortage of mobile parts the Switch needed.

MasonADC said:
victor83fernandes said:

Guys, how long have you followed gaming news? This is normal for Nintendo, they create low stock on purpose. The more unavailable a product is the more desirable it becomes. If a product is too available, people will just wait to see price drops or sales. Its artificial demand.

The same will happen with the launch of ps5, sony will create shortages, to give the impression that its a very desirable product, buy it now before it goes is a very known tactic.

Show me one good piece of evidence that points towards these shortages being artificial. When you can’t, let’s go back to the real world and remember that china( where production of the switch takes place) was, and still is on shutdown 

The evidence is my own brain, Nintendo was producing 2 million switches per month, they are selling 1 million per month at the moment, even if some factories were closed, they still wouldn't have a shortage in just 1 month since the factories were closed. Not to mention the consoles in the shops would be already shipped before the closure of the factories.

Learn how to use your brain to think for yourself.

Also I just checked amazon uk and there are plenty of switches. There's no shortage at all, I feel its a great marketing campaign to make people want to grab them as quick as possible.

victor83fernandes said:
MasonADC said:

The evidence is my own brain, Nintendo was producing 2 million switches per month, they are selling 1 million per month at the moment, even if some factories were closed, they still wouldn't have a shortage in just 1 month since the factories were closed. Not to mention the consoles in the shops would be already shipped before the closure of the factories.

Also I just checked amazon uk and there are plenty of switches. There's no shortage at all, I feel its a great marketing campaign to make people want to grab them as quick as possible.

You know, shortages can also be caused by impact that the virus had on logistics, not only the production. Or do you believe that retailers stock thousands of consoles in advance?

victor83fernandes said:
MasonADC said:

Incase you didn’t realize, the shortages are in japan. I originally said that a source said worldwide shortages would start in April. It’s March btw. Why bother replying to me in the first place when you clearly didn’t read what I said 

Around the Network

The base Switch was already in relatively short supply after the holidays due to the Lite being less popular than expected and making up too large a share of their shipping for late last year.