By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony World Wide Studio Boss Hermen Hulst Q&A - Confirms Horizon Zero Dawn Coming To PC This Summer

Cerebralbore101 said:
method114 said:

I think it's a good idea if they are very selective like this. Especially if they only release the first HZD and make the second stay on sony consoles. Now if you wan tto finish the story you have to get PSnow or a Sony console. They should do the same with TLOU.

Mark my words. That is not their strategy. Bump the thread in three years when Sony exclusives are all timed for 2-3 years before going to PC. Bump the thread again in 7-9 years when PS5 has only sold 85 million lifetime sales compared to PS4's 110 million. 

I guess will see but I don't think this is what they are doing. Sony has given statements in the past regarding keeping exclusives, exclusive to PlayStation. Comments that make it clear they realize how important it is to have exclusives on your console. Would be weird for them to suddenly reverse course on that.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

Great for gamers, but a terrible business strategy for Sony. They should hold on to all exclusives for as long as possible to improve the Playstation brand. The new leadership at Sony seems hellbent on ushering in a consoleless future. This will not end well for them. 

Random_Matt said:
Finally, best game of the gen at 144Hz.

What resolution? 1080 or 1440? What's your rig? 

1440p.

Come on Sony, do more older games. Shadow of Colossus, Ratchet and Clank Original + Future Trilogies, Jak and Daxter Trilogy, Legend of Dragoon, Uncharted Trilogy, and Last of Us.

Random_Matt said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Great for gamers, but a terrible business strategy for Sony. They should hold on to all exclusives for as long as possible to improve the Playstation brand. The new leadership at Sony seems hellbent on ushering in a consoleless future. This will not end well for them. 

What resolution? 1080 or 1440? What's your rig? 

1440p.

WTF is your GPU? That's beastly at 144!

Cerebralbore101 said:
Random_Matt said:

1440p.

WTF is your GPU? That's beastly at 144!

What I have now is irrelevant, all be new next month, have a big ass budget. Although, I do not really want a 2080TI, want to wait for the next gen cards.

Around the Network

Bad move unless they have data that shows PS4 sales are invariant to exclusive games (we have data showing this is NOT the case). Hopefully this is just a special case like the interview says and not a precedent. Losing exclusives will only loose sales, which will lower software sales and overall revenue.

src said:
Bad move unless they have data that shows PS4 sales are invariant to exclusive games (we have data showing this is NOT the case). Hopefully this is just a special case like the interview says and not a precedent. Losing exclusives will only loose sales, which will lower software sales and overall revenue.

How does making a game multiplat lose sales and lower revenue? 

Hopefully this is just a little bit of chum in the water to bring in the fish so that some will be tempted to take the PS5 hook.

Skeeuk said:
I think the engine was already up and running on PC because of the decima engine let's see what happens I don't think every game will come out on PC if it does then they will lose out. I wont support any PlayStation games on pc I hope it backfires on them

That is a terribly negative way to look at it.
You don't loose anything as a Playstation gamer by having a game released on PC.

We are all gamers on this forum, so you would think people would be supportive of others being able to play amazing games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Things like this are making me want full PC next generation, xbox has lost its appeal because you can just buid a PC that does a lot more, now ps doing the same? I'd just build a PC which is easier to upgrade and gets cheaper games if most sony exclusives came to it. Put last of us 2 and God of war on PC and Ill say goodbye to consoles (apart from Nintendo)