By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Super Mario Maker 2 level sharing thread

Tagged games:

GoOnKid said:

I wasn't able to finish your Hangar 66 level. I'm not masochist enough to endure this.

However, I really enjoyed all levels before that, especially the Punch-Out one, that was brilliant! Even though I died twice at Magikoopa because he attacked faster than me, still very good.

I will try to play the other ones, too. You really went all out with them, didn't you? I can't imagine how much time and effort you've put into them. Great work, man!

Thanks for the kind remarks!  Infiltration of Hangar 66 is indeed a difficult course.  Yeah, I put a lot of time into that one in particular.  I actually had to tweak the ending a couple of times to upload it (added power up blocks to the sub world, and repositioned the entry point to Bowser's airship).  Did you get to the Hangar (sub-world), or were you stuck trying to get through the main airbase?

Glad to hear you enjoyed Power Punch-Out!! 3.  That one got a lot of nice feedback.  Since I used the castle level as the background, I built the course higher up than normal to keep the lava out of view, but it had the unintended consequence of uncentering the screen.  I've been thing of remastering it like I did with Kung Fu Returns recently.



Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
GoOnKid said:

I wasn't able to finish your Hangar 66 level. I'm not masochist enough to endure this.

However, I really enjoyed all levels before that, especially the Punch-Out one, that was brilliant! Even though I died twice at Magikoopa because he attacked faster than me, still very good.

I will try to play the other ones, too. You really went all out with them, didn't you? I can't imagine how much time and effort you've put into them. Great work, man!

Thanks for the kind remarks!  Infiltration of Hangar 66 is indeed a difficult course.  Yeah, I put a lot of time into that one in particular.  I actually had to tweak the ending a couple of times to upload it (added power up blocks to the sub world, and repositioned the entry point to Bowser's airship).  Did you get to the Hangar (sub-world), or were you stuck trying to get through the main airbase?

Glad to hear you enjoyed Power Punch-Out!! 3.  That one got a lot of nice feedback.  Since I used the castle level as the background, I built the course higher up than normal to keep the lava out of view, but it had the unintended consequence of uncentering the screen.  I've been thing of remastering it like I did with Kung Fu Returns recently.

I reached the second area but there I didn't understand what to do. I thought I needed to jump onto the big Banzai Bills but didn't get how to spawn them.



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

GoOnKid said:
Mandalore76 said:

Thanks for the kind remarks!  Infiltration of Hangar 66 is indeed a difficult course.  Yeah, I put a lot of time into that one in particular.  I actually had to tweak the ending a couple of times to upload it (added power up blocks to the sub world, and repositioned the entry point to Bowser's airship).  Did you get to the Hangar (sub-world), or were you stuck trying to get through the main airbase?

Glad to hear you enjoyed Power Punch-Out!! 3.  That one got a lot of nice feedback.  Since I used the castle level as the background, I built the course higher up than normal to keep the lava out of view, but it had the unintended consequence of uncentering the screen.  I've been thing of remastering it like I did with Kung Fu Returns recently.

I reached the second area but there I didn't understand what to do. I thought I needed to jump onto the big Banzai Bills but didn't get how to spawn them.

Oh, no, no, no.  The Banzai Bills are just missiles launching from their silo.  What you need to do is take one of the copters (take the fire one) from inside the Hangar.  You can open the roof with the on/off switch, or much easier break through the wall with the fire copter.  Ascend vertically up the stage until you reach Bowser's Airship at the very top of the stage.



I finished Super Mario Bros. 3 level 7-piranha 1 code XT3-41T-BTF. I will eventually finish the whole game. I already have 469 likes from all the other Super Mario Bros. 3 levels I have made. 



I finished Super Mario Bros. 3 7-fortress 1 code XCL-W39-67G. The next level looks hard to transfer into Super Mario maker 2 so it may take a while.



Around the Network

I noticed you played all of my levels and beat one...so I played a few of yours and got the world record on one. I'll play more soon.



Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

I didn't even know we had a sharing thread haha.



 

 

 

 

 

GoOnKid said:

I wasn't able to finish your Hangar 66 level. I'm not masochist enough to endure this.

However, I really enjoyed all levels before that, especially the Punch-Out one, that was brilliant! Even though I died twice at Magikoopa because he attacked faster than me, still very good.

I will try to play the other ones, too. You really went all out with them, didn't you? I can't imagine how much time and effort you've put into them. Great work, man!

I spent all Saturday morning designing and uploading a remastered/deluxe version of "Power Punch-Out!! 3".  There are now 3 complete circuits featuring 14 total opponents (just like the original "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" on NES).  Due to the increased length, I added 2 checkpoints (at the beginning of both the Major and World Circuits).  I also added a "Star" Power-up to be used as the "Super-Uppercut" against opponents who can't be defeated by normal punch (stomping on them).



Shadownin64 said:

I finished Super Mario Bros. 3 level 7-piranha 1 code XT3-41T-BTF. I will eventually finish the whole game. I already have 469 likes from all the other Super Mario Bros. 3 levels I have made. 

Shadownin64 said:
I finished Super Mario Bros. 3 7-fortress 1 code XCL-W39-67G. The next level looks hard to transfer into Super Mario maker 2 so it may take a while.

Awesome.  I just played and liked your SMB3 1-1 course.  I have followed you as a creator so that I can play the other courses in the future as well.



New Course I designed and uploaded this Saturday has now been updated to OP:

Power Punch-Out!! 3 Deluxe

Course ID: JP0-48N-DXG

Description: This is a remastered/deluxe version of my earlier "Power Punch-Out!! 3" course which was designed as a sequel in the Punch-Out!! franchise with a tongue in cheek reference to "Power Punch II" (not actually the sequel to the original "Punch-Out!!"). This deluxe version features the addition of a title screen, 3 Complete Circuits of opponents (Minor, Major, & World - the original course only featured Minor & Major), 2 checkpoints not offered in the original course (after completion of the Minor and Major Circuits), cut scene improvements, and a "Super Uppercut" (Star Power-Up) for new opponents who could not otherwise be "punched" (stomped on).

Likes: 1

Played By: 12

Clears: 3

Attempts: 32

Clear Rate: 9.37%

World Record: 1:00.289

Uploaded: 3/14/2020