By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Super Mario Maker 2 level sharing thread

Tagged games:

I had finally put aside Super Mario Maker 2 to play some of my backlog until the "Final Update" news came out last week.  Now, I find myself completely drawn back into the game.  I have begun crafting an entire world from scratch.  I don't think I'll use any of my 25 already uploaded courses, because those courses are largely recreations of other games, varying themes, and different play styles.  I'm going to create my world on a cohesive theme/play style.  I've already crafted a 1-1, and 1-2 for my world.  But, I don't think I'll upload them to Course World until my world has been completely crafted and ready to upload.  In the meantime, I did try out the new tools available and used the Super Mario 2 Mushroom power up to craft my own recreation of the first stage in Super Mario 2 (USA), which is something I had wanted to do even before the update made it even more possible.  Here's the course info (also updated to OP):

Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) Returns

Course ID: 06R-W00-5GG

Description: Another entry in my "Returns" series.  A recreation of Super Mario Maker 2, squeezed as best I could to fit the map space while still maintain the spirit of the sequel to Super Mario Bros that got released in the US.

Around the Network

I completed my course world that splits the first four worlds of Super Mario Bros. 3 into the 8 worlds available it contains all 38 courses from the first half of the game.

Enter my maker code H1R-X6F-NRF if you want to play Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time using multiplayer.

I'll definitely have to check out the levels in this thread now that I'm back into playing the game again. Once I do I will certainly give my thoughts!

I have some levels of my own uploaded as well that are mainly one-offs. (although I'm looking to make a full super world) I'm no level designer but I'm pretty happy with them and would appreciate some feedback! I have ten uploaded but a couple of my favorites:

Soda Pop Pipes: 6KY-GMQ-SCG
Perilous Cave of Wonders: NJ0-35D-H3G
Poki Poki Panic: 7G4-YHC-DPF
Chaotic Neon Madness: 91T-9BG-YQF
Space Zone Neo: MH0-C5P-CVG

I have others with weirdly more likes on my profile if you want to check them out too lol.

Shadownin64 said:

I completed my course world that splits the first four worlds of Super Mario Bros. 3 into the 8 worlds available it contains all 38 courses from the first half of the game.

Enter my maker code H1R-X6F-NRF if you want to play Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time using multiplayer.

Awesome.  I will definitely check that out!

Zero_Revolution said:
I'll definitely have to check out the levels in this thread now that I'm back into playing the game again. Once I do I will certainly give my thoughts!

I have some levels of my own uploaded as well that are mainly one-offs. (although I'm looking to make a full super world) I'm no level designer but I'm pretty happy with them and would appreciate some feedback! I have ten uploaded but a couple of my favorites:

I have others with weirdly more likes on my profile if you want to check them out too lol.

Very cool.  I'll take a look at these soon and provide feedback.  Thanks for sharing!

Around the Network
Zero_Revolution said:

Played Poki Poki Panic last night.  Cleared it and left a Like and Stamp.  Well crafted course with great use of the snowball mechanic (and Spike ball in the latter half of the course).

Shadownin64 said:

I had begun playing your Super Mario Bros 3 courses already, and just started them in World Mode last night.  Finished World 1 so far.  Nice job.  I still have to try it in multiplayer too.

Mandalore76 said:
Zero_Revolution said:

Played Poki Poki Panic last night.  Cleared it and left a Like and Stamp.  Well crafted course with great use of the snowball mechanic (and Spike ball in the latter half of the course).

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed that one. I played through a few of your levels as well, your NES recreations are pretty cool. The G.I. Joe level took me more tries than I'd like to admit though lol, but it was satisfying to complete once I did. The only weird bit in any of the ones I played was the end of the SMB2 level, since the boss fight doesn't allow you to pick up the projectiles like Birdo in the original game, although I understand there aren't a lot of great alternatives. Very cool levels though.

Zero_Revolution said:
Mandalore76 said:

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed that one. I played through a few of your levels as well, your NES recreations are pretty cool. The G.I. Joe level took me more tries than I'd like to admit though lol, but it was satisfying to complete once I did. The only weird bit in any of the ones I played was the end of the SMB2 level, since the boss fight doesn't allow you to pick up the projectiles like Birdo in the original game, although I understand there aren't a lot of great alternatives. Very cool levels though.

Awesome, thanks!  Yeah, the G.I.Joe course is definitely a battle.  There's a lift on the recreation level near the Archery range.  It goes off screen just as you are entering that level of the Pit.  But if you wait for it to come back, it allows you to bypass the most enemy infested level of the Pit.  Now you know.  And knowing is half the battle.  lol

I agree on the ending of the Super Mario Bros 2 course.  I actually originally planned to put a Bullet Bill behind Birdo (Wendy) so that you could redirect the bullets at her like tossing the eggs.  Unfortunately, the bullets don't do damage to enemies, so I scrapped that idea and left it as a regular Koopaling boss battle.  Ironically, there were some other ideas that I didn't think of incorporating into the course until after uploading (like Sub-space).  I also realized I cut a chunk out of the vine climb to Birdo at the end of the course due to the vertical limitations of the horizontal main scroll.  So, I spent a lot of time last night working on a Deluxe Version of my SMB2USA course.  I was going to upload it today, but I'm glad I read your comment first.  Because, it reminded me to tweak the Birdo boss battle.  I added 2 pipes right before Birdo's platform.  1 pipe spawns dry bones to throw, and the other spawns SMB2 Mushrooms to help keep your Super Mario 2 form during the battle.  I hope you check it out and let me know what you think of the improvements.

Updated to OP.  I have given the Deluxe treatment to the Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) Returns course that I had just uploaded a few days ago in order to incorporate some ideas and content that had been left out.  This version plays like a more complete recreation of Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) 1-1.  I changed the background setting to Forest in this version.  I had originally contemplated using the Forest setting while crafting the course the first time, but I decided against it because I didn't want to lose the Blue Sky background.  However, the Forest setting has a semi-solid platform that is perfect for Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA), which ultimately led to my reinstating it for this Deluxe course.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) Deluxe

Course ID: HFH-7D3-DWF

Description: This Deluxe version now incorporates checkpoints, entry points into "Sub-Space" for collecting coins and SMB2 Mushroom Power-ups, Dry Bones at all the "vegetable" spots, Goombas as Red Shyguys and Goombrats as Pink Shyguys, the complete vine climb to the Birdo Boss Battle, and an upgraded Boss Battle with pipes spawning Dry Bones to throw at Birdo (Wendy) and SMB2 Mushroom Power-ups to maintain the ability to pick-up and throw the projectiles for a more authentic Birdo Boss Battle.