By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX SERIES X OFFICIAL SPEC - Indeed it's 12 Teraflop of Navi 2 with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing and VRS , how much will it cost ? EDIT : Add Digital Foundry analysis

Tagged games:

How much do you think it will cost in USD

more then 600 USD 7 11.29%

600 USD 16 25.81%

550 USD 8 12.90%

500 USD 31 50.00%

450 USD 0 0%

400 USD 0 0%

Total:62
JRPGfan said:
599$ price point incomeing.

Yupp.... either that or a 500$ machine with a massive loss/unit sold. IMO MS could easily go the 600/400 high-end/low-end approach, and I guess most people would be fine with that.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Nu-13 said:
Rafie said:

They had quick resume before the Switch?

3ds has it.

For one game. This is a multi-game resume, and we have yet to see what that truly means or how many games will it actually support. 

KLXVER said:
Rafie said:
Smart Delivery and quick resume on multiple games. That's what's up. I like that.

That's one area Nintendo were way ahead of the competition.

PSP says hi

sales2099 said:
Smart delivery sounds amazing. The file literally knows which console you are using it for and boots up the properly scaled corresponding version. I’m sure this used a ton of resources to make possible, at least more then the average person would think

Lol not sure if you are being serious. Every web page does this! Every game this generation since the 'refresh' consoles came out does this. "Smart delivery" was there before the One X and ps4 pro launched. Don't wait, you'll get the upgrades automatically! Cross-buy (the old term) was there last gen as well. But it's smart delivery re-packaging old features and selling them as new.

hunter_alien said:
JRPGfan said:
599$ price point incomeing.

Yupp.... either that or a 500$ machine with a massive loss/unit sold. IMO MS could easily go the 600/400 high-end/low-end approach, and I guess most people would be fine with that.

You underrate how people think about price. Few people will be fine with prices over $400. As for the price that's coming, I expect $499 at a moderate loss vs a ps5 at the same price with a small loss.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Nu-13 said:

You underrate how people think about price. Few people will be fine with prices over $400. As for the price that's coming, I expect $499 at a moderate loss vs a ps5 at the same price with a small loss.

The Xbox One was $499 at launch and sold around 3 million in its first two months on sale. The only reason it was so expensive is that it came bundled with Kinect at launch. The Xbox Series X would only be that price due to the higher specs and not because of a gimmick like Kinect. I see Microsoft matching the launch price of the PS5, so they don't fall too far behind. Either way both consoles will be selling out this holiday season. 

It's a bad price regardless but wheter they sell out depends on stock x demand. There will always be some diehard fans who get the console within a few weeks. After that a console has to win the mass market.

I don't pay for a console at a higher price than 399€.

Nu-13 said:
hunter_alien said:

Not many would be content with a $400 next gen console that costs $400 to manufacture either. While it's not asking too much for MS and PS to subsidize the price a little, knowing the XBSX specs so far, and what's likely to follow for what we don't have detailed info for, you're looking at something closer to $600 to manufacture, maybe more. Expecting them to take a loss of around $200 per unit is asking a lot. $499 would be a worthy middle ground, where both sides would 'suffer' a little earlier on, but within a year or two max, should be down to $399 where 'everyone' wins again.

As long as both are $499 like you're suggesting, even one being higher yet, it won't be seen as negatively as it would otherwise by people. 

EricHiggin said:
Nu-13 said:

Not many would be content with a $400 next gen console that costs $400 to manufacture either. While it's not asking too much for MS and PS to subsidize the price a little, knowing the XBSX specs so far, and what's likely to follow for what we don't have detailed info for, you're looking at something closer to $600 to manufacture, maybe more. Expecting them to take a loss of around $200 per unit is asking a lot. $499 would be a worthy middle ground, where both sides would 'suffer' a little earlier on, but within a year or two max, should be down to $399 where 'everyone' wins again.

As long as both are $499 like you're suggesting, even one being higher yet, it won't be seen as negatively as it would otherwise by people. 

Disagree completely.

Who the hell said that? Certainly not me. I already said I expect a $499 price tag on both ps5 and xsx. With ps5 at a small loss (up to $25) and xsx at a moderate/somewhat big loss (up to $75). And I also said that the mass market won't like that price.

Nu-13 said:
EricHiggin said:

Disagree completely.

Who the hell said that? Certainly not me. I already said I expect a $499 price tag on both ps5 and xsx. With ps5 at a small loss (up to $25) and xsx at a moderate/somewhat big loss (up to $75). And I also said that the mass market won't like that price.

I said that, and I'm just making a point in general, based off of your point.

What I'm saying is people won't be really happy unless PS and MS go out of their way to heavily subsidize the hardware, which would be asking a lot of them. They won't be super happy with a $499 price, but they also wouldn't be happy if the consoles were $399 but were only worth $399 period. You wouldn't be getting all that much more than an XB1X in that case, and who wants that for a next gen console late 2020?

The only part where I slightly disagree is the price, where as I think if both are $499, or one being even more than that, people won't be as negative as they would otherwise. That's not to say they will happily accept it all of the sudden, but they won't be as upset. Now if both consoles are over $499, then people will be angry regardless.