Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX SERIES X OFFICIAL SPEC - Indeed it's 12 Teraflop of Navi 2 with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing and VRS , how much will it cost ? EDIT : Add Digital Foundry analysis

Tagged games:

How much do you think it will cost in USD

more then 600 USD 7 11.29%

600 USD 16 25.81%

550 USD 8 12.90%

500 USD 31 50.00%

450 USD 0 0.00%

400 USD 0 0.00%

Total:62

Like I said in the main article, MS seems pretty confident throwing these specs around like that. Either they're making a terrible mistake by showing their hand too early, or they already KNOW what's inside of PS5.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
SvennoJ said:

It would be cool if it could keep me logged in, so I can play a different game while waiting for a race or match to start. Atm any suspend action has the server kick you.

I very much doubt that will change. Servers are generating costs, so they'll definitely want to prevent a scenario in which tons of idle clients are using up server time.

It doesn't use up server time waiting for match making to start or finish. It's no different to what I do now, play on my laptop while waiting for matchmaking to finish. Although if both games are online using a server, I see your point.

12 TF is the headline figure.

Now Sony has to match or beat that headline somehow.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

chakkra said:

Like I said in the main article, MS seems pretty confident throwing these specs around like that. Either they're making a terrible mistake by showing their hand too early, or they already KNOW what's inside of PS5.

The specs for the PS5 should be pretty much set in stone at this point with it launching this holiday season. The PS4 was unveiled the February before it launched. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

With Microsoft confirming this is RDNA 2 gpu architecture, XsX should beat even the Geforce 2080 Super GPU, this is great.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
chakkra said:

Or neither.  Someone has to go first.  

Console specs are locked down at this point.  Nothing can change, except for the price.  There's nothing "too early" about it.  Sony can't change anything about the hardware. 

At this point, the only thing that matters with the hardware is the price because that's the only thing that can change.  

I guess there could still be some minor changes (Especially when it comes to clock's speeds). But I'm having a hard time believing that MS would just show their hand like that without having confirmation of what's on the other side.

chakkra said:

I guess there could still be some minor changes (Especially when it comes to clock's speeds). But I'm having a hard time believing that MS would just show their hand like that without having confirmation of what's on the other side.

What's the worst that could happen?

Clock speeds can't change too much, otherwise your cooling solution will need to change.  If MS has an advantage, they can start advertising their better specs right now.  If they don't, then they will be able to get people talking about them first, and the more important thing later is to be competitive on price.  

the-pi-guy said:
Ck1x said:

Sure let's go with that then... A revisionist history perhaps 

A couple of people at Sony had confirmed that the 8 GB change was a last minute decision.  

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-09-sony-boss-talks-of-sleepless-nights-when-trying-to-balance-ps4-capabilities-and-price

Even still that last minute decision was decided by now for PS4.  Even if that decision was made February 20th on the dot, 9 months before the launch was a last minute decision.  Unless you aren't expecting the PS5 until nearly December, everything needs to be locked down by now.  They need to start manufacturing consoles and shipping them out by the masses.  Not to mention setting up the manufacturing lines in the first place. All of that takes months of time to get set up.  

Correct.

the-pi-guy said:
chakkra said:

Or neither.  Someone has to go first.   

Pretty much that :) I mean, at this point, we only know about the Xbox One X and even got the 12TF official today. 
But Sony did not say anything yet and this can mean anything. 

Yes we have rumors about a 9TF for the Play Station Five (I think) but those are just rumors and this time Microsoft (or Sony) had to go first anyway, it does not mean anything about the other console. I'm pretty sure people would say the same thing about the Xbox if Sony would have been the first about the next Play Station.

In both case, Sony will come up with a good piece of hardware :) Nothing to worry about. Both side will have a nice and juicy console to play on!