By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX SERIES X OFFICIAL SPEC - Indeed it's 12 Teraflop of Navi 2 with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing and VRS , how much will it cost ? EDIT : Add Digital Foundry analysis

Tagged games:

How much do you think it will cost in USD

more then 600 USD 7 11.29%

600 USD 16 25.81%

550 USD 8 12.90%

500 USD 31 50.00%

450 USD 0 0%

400 USD 0 0%

Total:62

It will likely be in the more expensive side of things when compared to recent console launches, but the insane value of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate more than makes up for it, especially since you can get free Game Pass Ultimate with Microsoft Rewards

Around the Network

To me the most interesting feature is "Quick resume for multiple games".

Signature goes here!

Damn... Good to get some fresh information.

I would like more though. Day one for sure.

What kind of flops are we talking about though, it's been so muddied over the last gen, nor does it mean much of anything by itself anymore.

Anyway, making it more than $500 would be suicide, so $500 it is.

Btw wasn't VRS a bad thing, or was that something else from NVidia, DSR? No clue, just gimme CPU, RAM, clock and bus speeds, that still means something.

the-pi-guy said:
SvennoJ said:

Anyway, making it more than $500 would be suicide, so $500 it is.

Maybe not with a low spec unit mixed in.  

Unless it's been cancelled.

The whole low spec unit at the start isn't a very smart thing to do imo. Early adopters are eager to get their hands on the best tech, so settling for second best while still paying launch prices, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't pay $600 US either since that would be CAD 900 (with tax) for a console...

The two tiered approach raises questions. With as little time there is to get launch games ready, supporting multiple specs is only going to get less out of the top tier machine. There are already 4 SKUs to support at launch, xbox one, xbox one s, xbox one x, xbox series x.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
TruckOSaurus said:
To me the most interesting feature is "Quick resume for multiple games".

Isn't that pretty much a current feature on the Xbox One (and maybe PS4?), but just with one game? While most games run fine using this feature, I remember BL3 being a mess and lagging like crazy when I did that. Than again the game isn't exactly optimized well on current gen platforms. 

The way I'm understanding it is that you can leave multiple games open to jump back in instantly. You play some Halo, you get tired and switch to Minecraft without losing the option to jump back into Halo right where you were.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
trunkswd said:

Isn't that pretty much a current feature on the Xbox One (and maybe PS4?), but just with one game? While most games run fine using this feature, I remember BL3 being a mess and lagging like crazy when I did that. Than again the game isn't exactly optimized well on current gen platforms. 

The way I'm understanding it is that you can leave multiple games open to jump back in instantly. You play some Halo, you get tired and switch to Minecraft without losing the option to jump back into Halo right where you were.

It would be cool if it could keep me logged in, so I can play a different game while waiting for a race or match to start. Atm any suspend action has the server kick you.

SvennoJ said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It would be cool if it could keep me logged in, so I can play a different game while waiting for a race or match to start. Atm any suspend action has the server kick you.

I very much doubt that will change. Servers are generating costs, so they'll definitely want to prevent a scenario in which tons of idle clients are using up server time.

Like I said in the main article, MS seems pretty confident throwing these specs around like that. Either they're making a terrible mistake by showing their hand too early, or they already KNOW what's inside of PS5.

Lafiel said:
SvennoJ said:

I very much doubt that will change. Servers are generating costs, so they'll definitely want to prevent a scenario in which tons of idle clients are using up server time.

It doesn't use up server time waiting for match making to start or finish. It's no different to what I do now, play on my laptop while waiting for matchmaking to finish. Although if both games are online using a server, I see your point.