Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX SERIES X OFFICIAL SPEC - Indeed it's 12 Teraflop of Navi 2 with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing and VRS , how much will it cost ? EDIT : Add Digital Foundry analysis

Tagged games:

How much do you think it will cost in USD

more then 600 USD 7 11.29%

600 USD 16 25.81%

550 USD 8 12.90%

500 USD 31 50.00%

450 USD 0 0.00%

400 USD 0 0.00%

Total:62

Wouldnt be surprised if Sony does a 449-499$ PS5, and then Xbox is 100$ more expensive.
Leaks point to the Series X, being a more powerfull machine, which likely means more expensive too.

Around the Network

CDPR also tweeted that Xbone owners of Cyberpunk will be able to upgrade to the eventual XSX version for free. I’m sure PS5 will get the same treatment, the moral of the story is CDPR stays winning.

twintail said:
So VRS doesn't require my TV to be VRR compliant?

VRS =/= VRR. VRS is more about variable rate shading, a method to trick your polygon count on the screens , like checkerboard or upscaling

Ck1x said:
CGI-Quality said:

Again, I’m aware of all that, which is why they should unveil until they’re totally ready.

As for those totals, yes, by now they’re nailed down by now.

Not true we all know that the PS4 RAM amount was changed at the very last minute, which took many developers by surprise. I'm sure they have an idea but don't want commit just yet until they have an idea what Sony might be doing.

No, we don’t all know that. It was suspected that such a thing happened. It was a well guarded secret. Developers just assumed it would be less. Also, keep in mind that Sony unveiled that detail in February 2013. Its specs were set by that point. It’s now February 2020. The specs are set and they are, again, keeping things heavily guarded.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 24 February 2020

Ck1x said:
How much of this VRS technique is patented by Microsoft, its a very unique feature for certain

It's not unique , every next gen GPU can do this. Nvidia Turing has its own solution. It just a software and API . It's just how GPU work in tandem with AI upscaling.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Ck1x said:

Not true we all know that the PS4 RAM amount was changed at the very last minute, which took many developers by surprise. I'm sure they have an idea but don't want commit just yet until they have an idea what Sony might be doing.

No, we don’t all know that. It was suspected that such a thing happened. It was a well guarded secret. Developers just assumed it would be less. Also, keep in mind that Sony unveiled that detail in February 2013. Its specs were set by that point. It’s now February 2020. The specs are set and they are, again, keeping things heavily guarded.

Sure let's go with that then... A revisionist history perhaps 

It will likely be in the more expensive side of things when compared to recent console launches, but the insane value of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate more than makes up for it, especially since you can get free Game Pass Ultimate with Microsoft Rewards

Ck1x said:
CGI-Quality said:

Sure let's go with that then... A revisionist history perhaps 

Actual history, but willful ignorance and all that. Point is, I’d prefer they’d wait to unveil everything at once.

To me the most interesting feature is "Quick resume for multiple games".

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
To me the most interesting feature is "Quick resume for multiple games".

Isn't that pretty much a current feature on the Xbox One (and maybe PS4?), but just with one game? While most games run fine using this feature, I remember BL3 being a mess and lagging like crazy when I did that. Than again the game isn't exactly optimized well on current gen platforms. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.