By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX SERIES X OFFICIAL SPEC - Indeed it's 12 Teraflop of Navi 2 with Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing and VRS , how much will it cost ? EDIT : Add Digital Foundry analysis

Tagged games:

How much do you think it will cost in USD

more then 600 USD 7 11.29%

600 USD 16 25.81%

550 USD 8 12.90%

500 USD 31 50.00%

450 USD 0 0%

400 USD 0 0%

Total:62
the-pi-guy said:
HollyGamer said:

Also you might want to check this out. If Xbox Series X using RDNA 2 for the GPU it might even better then RX 5700  https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-RDNA-2-New-rumors-allege-50-better-performance-than-RDNA-1-with-no-added-power-consumption.450435.0.html

They confirmed RDNA 2 in the blog post, today. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

"Xbox Series X is our most powerful console ever powered by our custom designed processor leveraging AMD’s latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures. Delivering four times the processing power of an Xbox One and enabling developers to leverage 12 TFLOPS of GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) performance – twice that of an Xbox One X and more than eight times the original Xbox One."

So 4 times the CPU, 8 times the GPU? But the CPU was already weak compared to the GPU last gen, will that not be a problem?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
HollyGamer said:

Also you might want to check this out. If Xbox Series X using RDNA 2 for the GPU it might even better then RX 5700  https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-RDNA-2-New-rumors-allege-50-better-performance-than-RDNA-1-with-no-added-power-consumption.450435.0.html

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

"Xbox Series X is our most powerful console ever powered by our custom designed processor leveraging AMD’s latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures. Delivering four times the processing power of an Xbox One and enabling developers to leverage 12 TFLOPS of GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) performance – twice that of an Xbox One X and more than eight times the original Xbox One."

Yup . i made a typo , actually it's not "if" but more like a statement that this can be a powerful even compare to similar performance if AMD made big Navi GPU but using old RDNA . It just an expression , because i already knew when i made the thread, that they are using RDNA 2 arc on Xbox series X.

HollyGamer said:

We still don't know the detail on AMD tech for ray tracing .

Hence my trepidation.

HollyGamer said:

But i bet game developer already get the trick to optimize RT on next gen . The problem with RT sirca 2018 is developer has not grasp fully well and their games are not build around ray tracing . Metro Exodus Dev said their next games on next gen hardware (PC/Console) will fully RT and their ditch their old engine and code and build new foundation with RT. This indicate that RT will be easy achievable when it made from ground up regarding how powerful the hardware is. 

Goes without saying in a fixed hardware device.

Obviously PC will take whatever devs/consoles do and take it up a another notch or two.

the-pi-guy said:

Yeah. Already knew it was using RDNA 2, that was actually confirmed months ago. But we don't know what extent the design has deviated from RDNA 1. - Only Ray Tracing and Variable Rate Shading.

We do know RDNA 1 is based on GCN...

Last edited by Pemalite - on 24 February 2020

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Smart delivery sounds amazing. The file literally knows which console you are using it for and boots up the properly scaled corresponding version. I’m sure this used a ton of resources to make possible, at least more then the average person would think

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
People are getting to caught up on specs. This was a smart delivery anouncement. This is to calm people about buying games now and not wait until the next gen upgrade. Mostly a dig at stadia in my opinion. Nobody wants to buy their games twice.

To be fair that was literally what we were all caught up on in the first few years of this gen. Xbox 900p PS4 1080p for X game. Rinse and repeat for literally every multiplat lol. 

It’s who we are. We forum dwellers are elitists in gaming. I say we own it and stop trying to fight who we are. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
People are getting to caught up on specs. This was a smart delivery anouncement. This is to calm people about buying games now and not wait until the next gen upgrade. Mostly a dig at stadia in my opinion. Nobody wants to buy their games twice.

To be fair that was literally what we were all caught up on in the first few years of this gen. Xbox 900p PS4 1080p for X game. Rinse and repeat for literally every multiplat lol. 

It’s who we are. We forum dwellers are elitists in gaming. I say we own it and stop trying to fight who we are. 

You got a point. I'm not saying stop . Could still do both.  I belive this is huge and at least should be mentioned equally or more than it has so far. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Rafie said:
Smart Delivery and quick resume on multiple games. That's what's up. I like that.

That's one area Nintendo were way ahead of the competition.

Is ‘Smart Delivery’ something I didn’t know I wanted?

And Quick Resume is nice and all but what I’d really like is a Quick ‘Start’.

KLXVER said:
Rafie said:
Smart Delivery and quick resume on multiple games. That's what's up. I like that.

They had quick resume before the Switch?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
KLXVER said:

They had quick resume before the Switch?

3ds has it.