By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Price Will Likely Be Determined by Xbox Series X Price

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Cross gen has no impact on early adopters whatsoever. Early adopters just want the newest thing and or best version. Cross gen is for the millions that aren’t ready. It simply builds good will. 

Your last sentence has merit, though I can add that Xbox as a service is all about luring people who aren’t interested in console (PC versions) while keeping all console consumer demographics happy. 

So since crossgen doesn`t help push consoles but new games help you are basically agreeing that Sony will have a smoothier transition with more people joining PS than Xbox right?

sales2099 said:

Given how many ways there is to do everything we want and tastes of consumers, locking everything to one platform is a stretch to say what you are saying. 

I primarily game on Playstation and playing 1st party. So every game I care being made thinking only about that system to be the best it can be there is very consumer friendly for me. To release elsewhere isn`t really consumer friendly since those weren`t even their consumers in the first place. That is just trying to increase your marketshare.

sales2099 said:

Ya you have some balls calling me blind when you yourself need a visit to the eye doctor and not aware of it ;) I like tour take on history, given that Nintendo lost with the N64, GameCube, and WiiU...where as 360 beat Sony the entire gen and only cause of Japan did PS3 creep up to 2nd in the final months. Bravo....only someone like you can spin that MS was never successful in the industry, nevermind admit they are successful in their own right despite a terrible misguided 2013 launch. 

Winning breeds laziness and losing breeds more effort. Loving Game Pass and backwards compatibility, and it’ll be years before Sony cares enough to make PS Now and their own BC a priority. Now MS staffed up on a ton of studios. Losing never felt so good :). 

But hey, I remember a time where sales of a gaming console meant more to me then actually playing games. Good times, but I realize that’s not the point of being passionate about gaming. One day you’ll get there too. 

Nope X360 didn`t and you know it. Launch aligned PS3 was always ahead of X360.

And nope MS wasn`t really successful, you can`t show a single year of profit caused exclusively by Xbox because MS haven`t ever showed those numbers. The department always had other stuff inflating their numbers.

MS losing and giving alot of effort on Xbox original was shutting it down very fast, and on X1 it was like 5 years of only talking and promises to only in the 6th year do something.

Lazy Sony winning on PS2 made PS3 that doesn't look at all to be fruit of lazyness. 

sales2099 said:

Careful, your fanboy is showing. It’s unbecoming to compare a mediocre game to ones that aren’t out yet. You deflected the actual point instead of taking the L. Until Sony announces something other then a font, Xbox has more new IPs and games. My the times are starting to change 

You are here long enough to know it isn't good to call someone fanboy here.

sales2099 said:

Hey no worries I didn’t know that. I mean usually when you lose you try harder and when you win you get lazy. Sony tried hard when PS3 was behind and now Ms will do the same next gen. So for the moment, I’m feeling very good about being a Xbox gamer. 

And when PS3 took 2nd, the gen was over so I honestly didn’t care. I was able to gloat from Nov 2005 - August 2013 so I can’t complain. 

Lol indeed. Yes we had to adapt. Now it’s about player counts and overall sales within the Xbox ecosystem. 

And not being able to gloat from 2013 until now is the reason why you were hidden right?

1st Quote: Im saying Sony will have a forced transition. Because I see the majority of the 100+ million not buying a PS5 in the first year and thus will be left out until they buy one. 

2nd Quote: Your tastes are well and good but hardly thinking of others. Nintendo, PC, Xbox...to release somewhere else is consumer friendly because you take into account other tastes. It seems this is the difference between Sony and MSs approach. Sony locks their experience to their box and now MS views their brand as a service that also has a console. Therefore, the Xbox brand just got a lot more reach potential. Agree to disagree. 

3rd Quote: I never believed in aligned launch stats. Its just a clever way to save face from being last place for the first time ever. Because trying to make it "fair" is just silly. The gen started in Nov 2005 when 360 released. 360 was profitable since 2008 till end of life cycle. As for Xbox One ya you got me therewe just don't know. Again agree to disagree, I feel PS3 was in fact the fruit of laziness. Overpriced console bluray aside.  Multiplats were inferior then the 360 version, PSN took years to catch up to Live in basic social features, and their games didn't pick up till 2008, and MGS4 wasn't even first party.

Quote 4: I felt the naming was justified. Like me saying that Ryse Son of Rome is a better game then Last of Us 2. Wrong on more then a few levels so yes I believe in using that word when it warrants it. 

Quote 5: I was on Reddit mostly. But I have no issue saying that Xbox 1 botched their vision and limped ever since. Why would I self torture myself defending the console, I like to advocate for it when they are doing right things. Xbox X, BC and Game Pass really turned it around in my eyes.  

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

People accept the X360 spun numbers? Minus 50% for all the repeat purchases, I bought three, mates bought at least two. LOL.

AlbiNecroxz said:
And what if Xbox Series X price will be determined by PS5 price? We're gonna in a loop lol

That's why I've posted a thread about it. It's no surprise that coming out second will be an advantage. They're probably trying to wait on each other as much as possible to react accordingly.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

So since crossgen doesn`t help push consoles but new games help you are basically agreeing that Sony will have a smoothier transition with more people joining PS than Xbox right?

I primarily game on Playstation and playing 1st party. So every game I care being made thinking only about that system to be the best it can be there is very consumer friendly for me. To release elsewhere isn`t really consumer friendly since those weren`t even their consumers in the first place. That is just trying to increase your marketshare.

Nope X360 didn`t and you know it. Launch aligned PS3 was always ahead of X360.

And nope MS wasn`t really successful, you can`t show a single year of profit caused exclusively by Xbox because MS haven`t ever showed those numbers. The department always had other stuff inflating their numbers.

MS losing and giving alot of effort on Xbox original was shutting it down very fast, and on X1 it was like 5 years of only talking and promises to only in the 6th year do something.

Lazy Sony winning on PS2 made PS3 that doesn't look at all to be fruit of lazyness. 

You are here long enough to know it isn't good to call someone fanboy here.

And not being able to gloat from 2013 until now is the reason why you were hidden right?

1st Quote: Im saying Sony will have a forced transition. Because I see the majority of the 100+ million not buying a PS5 in the first year and thus will be left out until they buy one. 

That is how every transition have ever been. Smooth transition is more on the way of steady flow of PS5 customers that keep SW sales with minimal impact. Doesn't have to do with people not buying newer product not being catered, even more because most of the 3rd party titles will have crossgen support for couple of year and the yearly sports games for a long time.

2nd Quote: Your tastes are well and good but hardly thinking of others. Nintendo, PC, Xbox...to release somewhere else is consumer friendly because you take into account other tastes. It seems this is the difference between Sony and MSs approach. Sony locks their experience to their box and now MS views their brand as a service that also has a console. Therefore, the Xbox brand just got a lot more reach potential. Agree to disagree. 

The key here is consumer friendly. Sony have no obligation (or is more consumer friendly) for allowing you to not consume from them.

3rd Quote: I never believed in aligned launch stats. Its just a clever way to save face from being last place for the first time ever. Because trying to make it "fair" is just silly. The gen started in Nov 2005 when 360 released. 360 was profitable since 2008 till end of life cycle. As for Xbox One ya you got me therewe just don't know. Again agree to disagree, I feel PS3 was in fact the fruit of laziness. Overpriced console bluray aside.  Multiplats were inferior then the 360 version, PSN took years to catch up to Live in basic social features, and their games didn't pick up till 2008, and MGS4 wasn't even first party.

About everything on PS3 was of premium quality and thus costed more, they were looking for extravagant solutions with Cell, have no idea how you come to that being laziness. Multiplats being inferior isn't Sony laziness since Sony 1st party looked better than MS ones, PSN took years because Sony had no experience (because if using your example of losing make you try harder, Sony was losing on PSN and that didn't made PSN improve any faster). So since aligning sales being silly you'll claim that X1 done much better than Switch this gen because only on the year it is going to be substituted it passed Xbox?

Mind you that if you compare yearly sales as well (instead of aligned) PS3 won against X360 all but 1 year. So yes you are trying to use the one metric that would have Xbox being ahead for most time, still lost in the end.

Quote 4: I felt the naming was justified. Like me saying that Ryse Son of Rome is a better game then Last of Us 2. Wrong on more then a few levels so yes I believe in using that word when it warrants it. 

Don`t matter what you believe, and yes you could truly believe Ryse is better than TLOU2 without being it. Also there is a difference between claiming a game released even if you think it is mediocre is better than an unreleased game from an unproven developer and what you done with Ryse and the game that is expected to be the best of the gen by many.

Quote 5: I was on Reddit mostly. But I have no issue saying that Xbox 1 botched their vision and limped ever since. Why would I self torture myself defending the console, I like to advocate for it when they are doing right things. Xbox X, BC and Game Pass really turned it around in my eyes.  

And why did you had difficult in being in VGC during that time? Wasn`t it because you couldn`t gloat? Even though now you are saying you have matured over it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

Even Knack is much better than all those title you have mentioned

Careful, your fanboy is showing. It’s unbecoming to compare a mediocre game to ones that aren’t out yet. You deflected the actual point instead of taking the L. Until Sony announces something other then a font, Xbox has more new IPs and games. My the times are starting to change 

I am sorry if speak about reality , reality is harsh. But i just i want give you a hint that, Xbox have not yet prove anything nor they made a change except some hope and dream. You can argue Xbox has great games if the games already came out and has a lot of sales, high meta critique and can compete directly with Playstation. Even Phil Spencer dont want to compete with Playstation and Nintendo and choose to compete the nonexistent Google and Amazon. 

Around the Network
Nu-13 said:

The hell did I just read? And what's HS?

I meant HW of course. My point is that all - digital and stuff is not turning out to be true so far.

KingofTrolls said:
Nu-13 said:

The hell did I just read? And what's HS?

I meant HW of course. My point is that all - digital and stuff is not turning out to be true so far.

Hardware prices didn't skyrocket. The ones that did (ps3, xb1),failed.

Leynos said:
I hope PS5 is $400

That is impossible, Sony wont be taking losses on sales, and ps5 will come with at least 500SSD, that alone costs like 100 dollars. Even with the cheapest plastics for the chassis, ps5 could never be 400 dollars, 450 will be minimum. And if rumours are right about ps1, ps2 and ps3 compatibility then even more because the ps3 chip is still not cheap.

I'm willing to bet with anyone minimum 450dollars, most likely 499dollars with 500gb SSD and 550dollars with 1TB SSD

HollyGamer said:

"Totoki implies that Sony is waiting to see what the price of the Xbox Series X will be before putting a price on the PS5, so as to be competitive"

He implied absolutely nothing like that.

I don't know where you get these weird ideas from, but you are completely wrong.

Stuff like this is basically set by putting a money limit on the key components. In our case, the SoC and memory). A time goes on, reconsideration of all kind of factors are taken into account (keeping the set price within +/- 10%). These "minor" factors include about 5492645 things, absolutely none of which include how or when any competitors announce a price. This is serious money that has to be accounted for- right at the start.

I highly doubt Sony is planning to loose significant amounts of money on the PS5 hardware. We can pretty much guesstimate that MS isn't shy of doing it (after all, they have been throwing money down the hardware pit on the X1 for years like there is no tomorrow), but to each his own.

AlbiNecroxz said:
And what if Xbox Series X price will be determined by PS5 price? We're gonna in a loop lol

The big difference is Microsoft can and will take losses on sales, Sony cant afford to do that, at best they would sell it without profits, that's the best they would do and that means minimum 450dollars.

Microsoft could do an underpowered series X for 400dollars, taking a loss on each sale, and a more powerful console for 450 taking a loss on each sale, people have to realize these consoles will be way more powerful than an xbox X, also the SSD increases the cost substantially, 1TB SSD is not cheap at all.