By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Price Will Likely Be Determined by Xbox Series X Price

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

I know that's crazy... Sony is making games for PS5 for the next generation.

It's not because MS has no exclusive and no choice to put their game everywhere because they never win any generation that you need to be mad.

No exclusives? Last I checked none of their games are going to be on PS, that’s exclusive enough for me :)

Hey in the end MS is more pro consumer with how they do things. Launch games for every gen never get the same out of a console as a 5th year exclusive anyway. 

Pro consumer... ha ha. The only reason MS is launching their games everywhere is that they have NO CHOICE. Nobody buy their console. 

Damn you really are a blind pro MS. Thinking a billionaire company is pro consumer. I love my PlayStations but you will never hear me talking non sense like pro consumer about these companies.

Around the Network
Keiji said:
sales2099 said:

No exclusives? Last I checked none of their games are going to be on PS, that’s exclusive enough for me :)

Hey in the end MS is more pro consumer with how they do things. Launch games for every gen never get the same out of a console as a 5th year exclusive anyway. 

Pro consumer... ha ha. The only reason MS is launching their games everywhere is that they have NO CHOICE. Nobody buy their console. 

Americans like them somewhat (or just dislike japanese brands)....
Also if littarly no-one bought them, how did they sell 46m of them? Some buy them, dispite everything.

JRPGfan said:
Keiji said:

Americans like them somewhat (or just dislike japanese brands)....
Also if littarly no-one bought them, how did they sell 46m of them? Some buy them, dispite everything.

That's really a terrible number. I remember them being cocky in 2013 thinking they will sell 200M. Big slap in their face and back to reality where the World isn't like USA at all. Where there are no Xbox console on the Top 6 and soon Top 7 of best selling console of all time.

Never do a joke again like "but they are pro consumer" about these companies. Have some dignity. Please guys.

Last edited by Keiji - on 05 February 2020

Keiji said:
sales2099 said:

Damn you really are a blind pro MS. Thinking a billionaire company is pro consumer. I love my PlayStations but you will never hear me talking non sense like pro consumer about these companies.

If making your games cross gen and making PC versions of their exclusives isn’t more pro consumer where as Sony locks theirs to one platform, then we have little to talk about. Not to mention the studios MS bought that are making multiplat games, MS is honouring the contracts and will shift to exclusive developing after the current games release. Then you have Minecraft which I guarantee Sony wouldn’t be as liberal with its availability. 

So yes, I do believe I have evidence to say Ms is more progressive then Sony. You can cite how they lost the gen but who cares...you making excuses and I’m talking results 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

Cross gen will not make a smooth transition instead " super extreme  hard transition ". Gamer will not smoothly change to new platform instead waiting for a reason to change and to upgrade, gamer 100 % will obviously (no rocket science) will stay on current platform if a lot of launch games are cross gen. Gamer logically will think that is unnecessary to upgrade if games can be achievable or available on current gen. 

In the other way smooth transition can be achievable by product price that is relatively affordable, backward compatibility, accessibility, a reason  for upgrade (value , uniqueness ) , market readiness, macro economic situation on global scale, product availability on the place. 

There will always be late and early adopters. Many want something new and or the best version. Others don’t have the budget or even desire to get a shiny new console when they just got a Xbox x. 

You mentioned “gamers logically”....just as many gamers are the opposite of that lol. I am NOT a early adopter for my entire life, but I know MS gonna push Halo Infinite marketing hard. I’m almost certain their will be a limited edition console. MS has me by the balls and I’m day 1 buying...but also I have the money to not have the “poor mans” version. I have the means to play the best, that’s what I’ll do 

Please explain how crossgen will help push the early adopters to go to Xbox if they want the new and best version, while Sony will have the game they really need to buy a new console to play and will also allow then to carry over their games from PS4? To me it seems like they will both be better at keeping their current userbase plus luring Xbox gamers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

If making your games cross gen and making PC versions of their exclusives isn’t more pro consumer where as Sony locks theirs to one platform, then we have little to talk about. Not to mention the studios MS bought that are making multiplat games, MS is honouring the contracts and will shift to exclusive developing after the current games release. Then you have Minecraft which I guarantee Sony wouldn’t be as liberal with its availability. 

So yes, I do believe I have evidence to say Ms is more progressive then Sony. You can cite how they lost the gen but who cares...you making excuses and I’m talking results 

One could say Sony is more pro their consumer by investing more on the platform they chose.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

No no, come back to Earth. I am talking results, by stating MS doesn't only lost this gen, but all of them. Straight facts.

And I repeat there are no Xbox console on the Top 6 and soon Top 7 of best selling console of all time. I have to repeat it because it seems you didn't get it the first time. 

Sony and Nintendo got the success, and know that they sell a lot consoles, so they do what the winner do : exclusive games that sells consoles. That's business.

Quite the opposite for MS... MS is doing what losers do : share their games with everybody and that's business too. They don't do that because they are kind, oh no, not at all. They do that because that's the best thing to do when you are the loser and don't sell any console. They understood that they will never win a console generation so the best thing to do is sell more games everywhere. 

So stop your "MS are so kind" non sense. But yes that's cool that people don't have to buy an Xbox to play Xbox games today. I can play it on my PC, the only problem is I don't like Halo/Gears and Forza.

I'm done about this subject.

-----------------------------

To come back to the main thread, Sony do the right thing for the business, wait until the last moment to give the price is the best thing to do. Sure MS are not a serious rival like Nintendo is, but you got to stay focus everytime.

Last edited by Keiji - on 05 February 2020

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

There will always be late and early adopters. Many want something new and or the best version. Others don’t have the budget or even desire to get a shiny new console when they just got a Xbox x. 

You mentioned “gamers logically”....just as many gamers are the opposite of that lol. I am NOT a early adopter for my entire life, but I know MS gonna push Halo Infinite marketing hard. I’m almost certain their will be a limited edition console. MS has me by the balls and I’m day 1 buying...but also I have the money to not have the “poor mans” version. I have the means to play the best, that’s what I’ll do 

Please explain how crossgen will help push the early adopters to go to Xbox if they want the new and best version, while Sony will have the game they really need to buy a new console to play and will also allow then to carry over their games from PS4? To me it seems like they will both be better at keeping their current userbase plus luring Xbox gamers.

Cross gen has no impact on early adopters whatsoever. Early adopters just want the newest thing and or best version. Cross gen is for the millions that aren’t ready. It simply builds good will. 

Your last sentence has merit, though I can add that Xbox as a service is all about luring people who aren’t interested in console (PC versions) while keeping all console consumer demographics happy. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

One could say Sony is more pro their consumer by investing more on the platform they chose.

Given how many ways there is to do everything we want and tastes of consumers, locking everything to one platform is a stretch to say what you are saying. 

Keiji said:
sales2099 said:

No no, come back to Earth. I am talking results, by stating MS doesn't only lost this gen, but all of them. Straight facts.

And I repeat there are no Xbox console on the Top 6 and soon Top 7 of best selling console of all time. I have to repeat it because it seems you didn't get it the first time. 

Sony and Nintendo got the success, and know that they sell a lot consoles, so they do what the winner do : exclusive games that sells consoles. That's business.

Quite the opposite for MS... MS is doing what losers do : share their games with everybody and that's business too. They don't do that because they are kind, oh no, not at all. They do that because that's the best thing to do when you are the loser and don't sell any console. They understood that they will never win a console generation so the best thing to do is sell more games everywhere. 

So stop your "MS are so kind" non sense. But yes that's cool that people don't have to buy an Xbox to play Xbox games today. I can play it on my PC, the only problem is I don't like Halo/Gears and Forza.

Ya you have some balls calling me blind when you yourself need a visit to the eye doctor and not aware of it ;) I like tour take on history, given that Nintendo lost with the N64, GameCube, and WiiU...where as 360 beat Sony the entire gen and only cause of Japan did PS3 creep up to 2nd in the final months. Bravo....only someone like you can spin that MS was never successful in the industry, nevermind admit they are successful in their own right despite a terrible misguided 2013 launch. 

Winning breeds laziness and losing breeds more effort. Loving Game Pass and backwards compatibility, and it’ll be years before Sony cares enough to make PS Now and their own BC a priority. Now MS staffed up on a ton of studios. Losing never felt so good :). 

But hey, I remember a time where sales of a gaming console meant more to me then actually playing games. Good times, but I realize that’s not the point of being passionate about gaming. One day you’ll get there too. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 05 February 2020