By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Price Will Likely Be Determined by Xbox Series X Price

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

Probably for Xbox community being cross gen is the best choice due to how Microsoft treat generational games as cross gen and console gen as an upgrade rather than a new generation . late adopters will be much more on Xbox side because most of gamers already has Xbox One X or they think it's not worth to even upgrade. Also Xbox are very weak on games in 8th gen less games are produce and lee quality games were produce on Xbox One. I can see they are willing to enjoy 8th gen games longer than PS4.

Sony fans a little bit different they hungry for new Ip and new innovation, they already has enough 8th gen games and ready for next gen. :)

That’s a bit funny considering Xbox has Bleeding Edge, Grounded, Everwild, and Project Mara announced for new and innovative Ips and Sony just revealed the same font style for PS5. Maybe wait till Sony is less quiet before you can make these arguments going forward ;)

Even Knack is much better than all those title you have mentioned

---

User was moderated for this post

~tads12

Last edited by trasharmdsister12 - on 07 February 2020

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

No no, come back to Earth. I am talking results, by stating MS doesn't only lost this gen, but all of them. Straight facts.

And I repeat there are no Xbox console on the Top 6 and soon Top 7 of best selling console of all time. I have to repeat it because it seems you didn't get it the first time. 

Sony and Nintendo got the success, and know that they sell a lot consoles, so they do what the winner do : exclusive games that sells consoles. That's business.

Quite the opposite for MS... MS is doing what losers do : share their games with everybody and that's business too. They don't do that because they are kind, oh no, not at all. They do that because that's the best thing to do when you are the loser and don't sell any console. They understood that they will never win a console generation so the best thing to do is sell more games everywhere. 

So stop your "MS are so kind" non sense. But yes that's cool that people don't have to buy an Xbox to play Xbox games today. I can play it on my PC, the only problem is I don't like Halo/Gears and Forza.

where as 360 beat Sony the entire gen and only cause of Japan did PS3 creep up to 2nd in the final months.

And that was the best performance MS ever did in the entire console industry. That's something to be proud of ? Finishing third place ? Specially when we know that 360 players bought several consoles because of the RROD ?

There was no RROD this generation, no PlayStation out one year late and look at how things go for Xbox. So yes I said it again, MS was never successful on the console industry. You probably live in America, but the thing is WorldWide is the key and they never was successful. And unfortunatly again for you Japan is part of the World.

How can you say that MS was successful in the console industry when they have no single one console on the best selling console list ? You are talking to me about N64, Wii U, Game Cube... But at the end of the day, Nintendo knows what it's like to have consoles on the best selling list. So yes, again, Nintendo, just like Sony, totally slap MS in the console industry.

Worlwide numbers don't lie. You live in your bubble in America, me I see the big picture. I don't care about one market. Where I live PS4 is outselling Xbox by 4:1 ratio minimum, but I know it's juste one market so I don't act like it's the same everywhere else.

Last edited by Keiji - on 05 February 2020

HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

That’s a bit funny considering Xbox has Bleeding Edge, Grounded, Everwild, and Project Mara announced for new and innovative Ips and Sony just revealed the same font style for PS5. Maybe wait till Sony is less quiet before you can make these arguments going forward ;)

Careful, your fanboy is showing. It’s unbecoming to compare a mediocre game to ones that aren’t out yet. You deflected the actual point instead of taking the L. Until Sony announces something other then a font, Xbox has more new IPs and games. My the times are starting to change 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Keiji said:
sales2099 said:

where as 360 beat Sony the entire gen and only cause of Japan did PS3 creep up to 2nd in the final months.

And that was the best performance MS ever did in the entire console industry. That's something to be proud of ? Finishing third place ? Specially when we know that 360 players bought several consoles because of the RROD ?

There was no RROD this generation, no PlayStation out one year late and look at how things go for Xbox. So yes I said it again, MS was never successful on the console industry. You probably live in America, but the thing is WorldWide is the key and they never was successful. And unfortunatly again for you Japan is part of the World.

How can you say that MS was successful in the console industry when they have no single one console on the best selling console list ? You are talking to me about N64, Wii U, Game Cube... But at the end of the day, Nintendo knows what it's like to have consoles on the best selling list. So yes, again, Nintendo, just like Sony, totally slap MS in the console industry.

Worlwide numbers don't lie. You live in your bubble in America, me I see the big picture. I don't care about one market. Where I live PS4 is outselling Xbox by 4:1 ratio minimum, but I know it's juste one market so I don't really care.

Nice job ignoring the actual point I made in the middle. Where winning breeds laziness and losing breeds better change. I’ve been enjoying Xbox in the last couple years just like I was at 360s peak from 2007-2010.

You are where I was 8 years ago. Where sales matters more then gaming itself. I remember sleeping like a baby every day PS3 was a global last place product....but that is just a toxic form of fan looking back. I wish you well 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

Worlwide numbers don't lie. You live in your bubble in America, me I see the big picture. I don't care about one market. Where I live PS4 is outselling Xbox by 4:1 ratio minimum, but I know it's juste one market so I don't really care.

Nice job ignoring the actual point I made in the middle. Where winning breeds laziness and losing breeds better change. I’ve been enjoying Xbox in the last couple years just like I was at 360s peak from 2007-2010.

Because I don't know what it means ! English isn't my first language... 

But damn if you were sleeping like a baby back then, I guess you cried a lot when you see PS3 above 360 at the end. LoL

And of course you don't care about consoles sales anymore, if you're a Xbox fan, you better not care about consoles sales. 

Sorry I had to put a gif here.

User Warned For This Post ~Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 05 February 2020

Around the Network
Keiji said:
sales2099 said:

But damn if you were sleeping like a baby back then, I guess you cried a lot when you see PS3 above 360 at the end. LoL

And of course you don't care about consoles sales anymore, if you're a Xbox fan, you better not care about consoles sales. 

Hey no worries I didn’t know that. I mean usually when you lose you try harder and when you win you get lazy. Sony tried hard when PS3 was behind and now Ms will do the same next gen. So for the moment, I’m feeling very good about being a Xbox gamer. 

And when PS3 took 2nd, the gen was over so I honestly didn’t care. I was able to gloat from Nov 2005 - August 2013 so I can’t complain. 

Lol indeed. Yes we had to adapt. Now it’s about player counts and overall sales within the Xbox ecosystem. 

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

Hey no worries I didn’t know that. I mean usually when you lose you try harder and when you win you get lazy. Sony tried hard when PS3 was behind and now Ms will do the same next gen. So for the moment, I’m feeling very good about being a Xbox gamer. 

And when PS3 took 2nd, the gen was over so I honestly didn’t care. I was able to gloat from Nov 2005 - August 2013 so I can’t complain. 

Lol indeed. Yes we had to adapt. Now it’s about player counts and overall sales within the Xbox ecosystem. 

Thank you the explaination. 

sales2099 said:

I remember well, it was in 2000s', when there was an agenda that " hardware does not matter, software is king".

It turned out HS prices skyrocketed and HW is selling in huge numbers.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Please explain how crossgen will help push the early adopters to go to Xbox if they want the new and best version, while Sony will have the game they really need to buy a new console to play and will also allow then to carry over their games from PS4? To me it seems like they will both be better at keeping their current userbase plus luring Xbox gamers.

Cross gen has no impact on early adopters whatsoever. Early adopters just want the newest thing and or best version. Cross gen is for the millions that aren’t ready. It simply builds good will. 

Your last sentence has merit, though I can add that Xbox as a service is all about luring people who aren’t interested in console (PC versions) while keeping all console consumer demographics happy. 

So since crossgen doesn`t help push consoles but new games help you are basically agreeing that Sony will have a smoothier transition with more people joining PS than Xbox right?

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

One could say Sony is more pro their consumer by investing more on the platform they chose.

Given how many ways there is to do everything we want and tastes of consumers, locking everything to one platform is a stretch to say what you are saying. 

I primarily game on Playstation and playing 1st party. So every game I care being made thinking only about that system to be the best it can be there is very consumer friendly for me. To release elsewhere isn`t really consumer friendly since those weren`t even their consumers in the first place. That is just trying to increase your marketshare.

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

No no, come back to Earth. I am talking results, by stating MS doesn't only lost this gen, but all of them. Straight facts.

And I repeat there are no Xbox console on the Top 6 and soon Top 7 of best selling console of all time. I have to repeat it because it seems you didn't get it the first time. 

Sony and Nintendo got the success, and know that they sell a lot consoles, so they do what the winner do : exclusive games that sells consoles. That's business.

Quite the opposite for MS... MS is doing what losers do : share their games with everybody and that's business too. They don't do that because they are kind, oh no, not at all. They do that because that's the best thing to do when you are the loser and don't sell any console. They understood that they will never win a console generation so the best thing to do is sell more games everywhere. 

So stop your "MS are so kind" non sense. But yes that's cool that people don't have to buy an Xbox to play Xbox games today. I can play it on my PC, the only problem is I don't like Halo/Gears and Forza.

Ya you have some balls calling me blind when you yourself need a visit to the eye doctor and not aware of it ;) I like tour take on history, given that Nintendo lost with the N64, GameCube, and WiiU...where as 360 beat Sony the entire gen and only cause of Japan did PS3 creep up to 2nd in the final months. Bravo....only someone like you can spin that MS was never successful in the industry, nevermind admit they are successful in their own right despite a terrible misguided 2013 launch. 

Winning breeds laziness and losing breeds more effort. Loving Game Pass and backwards compatibility, and it’ll be years before Sony cares enough to make PS Now and their own BC a priority. Now MS staffed up on a ton of studios. Losing never felt so good :). 

But hey, I remember a time where sales of a gaming console meant more to me then actually playing games. Good times, but I realize that’s not the point of being passionate about gaming. One day you’ll get there too. 

Nope X360 didn`t and you know it. Launch aligned PS3 was always ahead of X360.

And nope MS wasn`t really successful, you can`t show a single year of profit caused exclusively by Xbox because MS haven`t ever showed those numbers. The department always had other stuff inflating their numbers.

MS losing and giving alot of effort on Xbox original was shutting it down very fast, and on X1 it was like 5 years of only talking and promises to only in the 6th year do something.

Lazy Sony winning on PS2 made PS3 that doesn't look at all to be fruit of lazyness. 

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

Careful, your fanboy is showing. It’s unbecoming to compare a mediocre game to ones that aren’t out yet. You deflected the actual point instead of taking the L. Until Sony announces something other then a font, Xbox has more new IPs and games. My the times are starting to change 

You are here long enough to know it isn't good to call someone fanboy here.

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

And not being able to gloat from 2013 until now is the reason why you were hidden right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KingofTrolls said:

sales2099 said:

I remember well, it was in 2000s', when there was an agenda that " hardware does not matter, software is king".

It turned out HS prices skyrocketed and HW is selling in huge numbers.

The hell did I just read? And what's HS?