By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Warcraft 3:Reforged] - Stuff hits the fan - Update Feb/04 - Blizz answer added

Lonely_Dolphin said:
S.Peelman said:

It's the only way people have to get the point across. Talking about in forums like we do isn't going to get any attention.

Well this alone won't do anything either if the game still sells well enough. It's safe to say they're at the point where they care only about money, quality of their products be damned.

Eh maybe not from Square haha.

Yes and ... no. Sega earned a bad reputation after the 32X, Sega CD and Saturn. So when the Dreamcast came out, people waited for the PS2 and Sega almost died.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Damn, Blizzard need to take some "How to Remake" lessons from Square Enix and Capcom.

Well MS is certainly giving them that core lesson in the RTS dept, so that makes more sense than an MMO remake.

To be fair though, MS opened up a dedicated Studio to handle there RTS games in Worlds Edge. Blizzard just handballed this off to some unknown which obviously wasnt the best choice when it came to handling the IP.

Blizzard should have a dedicated RTS team.. not sure where the team who made StarCraft 2 went. Maybe working on another project or Probably the same team whos making the next WoW expansion.

Azzanation said:

To be fair though, MS opened up a dedicated Studio to handle there RTS games in Worlds Edge. Blizzard just handballed this off to some unknown which obviously wasnt the best choice when it came to handling the IP.

Blizzard should have a dedicated RTS team.. not sure where the team who made StarCraft 2 went. Maybe working on another project or Probably the same team whos making the next WoW expansion.

We're not even entirely sure on if it was outsourced or not, hence why my comment wasn't based on outsourcing. 

Blizzard themselves were a dedicated company towards the genre, but they gave that up since WoW, many years ago now. MS has only just recently gotten sort of back into RTS (would prefer them to outnumber Blizz's RTS titles someday, let alone EA's), but it's still better than this garbage tripe that is WCIII Reforged. The sodding start menu uses a whole CPU core as well as 150% utilisation, that's batshit insane to see that happen for an old PC RTS title, fucking mind boggling. 

Turns out it was shoved out the door, in order for them to meet with their fiscal year though, so that part makes sense. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I gifted this to a buddy and he is enjoying it immensely then again he doesnt have a stick up his butt

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Huge fan of RTS games but I never cared for Warcraft 3. Warcraft 2 on the other hand was quite enjoyable.

Around the Network

Still no response from Blizzard but they are offering refunds now: https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/ey4qvr/blizzard_is_offering_automated_instant_refunds_now/
That's good, however this is obviously not being done because they suddenly gained common sense and decency, but to avoid lawsuits.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Still no response from Blizzard but they are offering refunds now: https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/ey4qvr/blizzard_is_offering_automated_instant_refunds_now/
That's good, however this is obviously not being done because they suddenly gained common sense and decency, but to avoid lawsuits.

I wonder if this is all part of a studied protocol to avoid as many refunds as possible. Frustrate the refund process all you can without making it impossible, and just before people are threatening to sue, allow the refunds. How many people just gave up their refund, I wonder...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I wonder if this is all part of a studied protocol to avoid as many refunds as possible. Frustrate the refund process all you can without making it impossible, and just before people are threatening to sue, allow the refunds. How many people just gave up their refund, I wonder...

If that does indeed turn out to be true, then I'd honestly vie for lawmakers to create a new law just for that specific act, because I can actually see that being a scummy thing for any company like Blizz to do, and tbh, it's clearly skirting the line on purpose. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Yep, especially after there had been talks in the forums about a class-action lawsuit and the tiny little fact that Australia forced Bethesda to refund Fallout 76 as that's the right of all Australians and thus must be possible there, yet was until shortly almost impossible.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Alcyon said:

I never realised that Pokemon S/S was a remastered version. And please, srop with see the good old "if they enjoy it, they must be stupid. And young". This level of arrogance is over 9000.

Pokemon S/S could have been much better games. But saying that Pokemon S/S and Warcraft reforged are on the same level of lazyness is showing a big lack of mental capacity. And even if they were as lazy as Blizzard, they didn't downgrade the old games. Poekmon S/S was probably developped for the 3DS, so I can understand most of the issues. 

He did not say the situation was exactly the same, just that they are similar with customers settling for inferior products and accepting being lied to.

I don't like the idea of bashing the consumer, sure they're enabling anti-consumer shit, but ultimately it's the company's fault for taking advantage of them. Those who just buy n enjoy the product but still acknowledge it's flaws are totally fine. People are free to buy whatever makes them happy and not buy whatever doesn't. It's only those who defend, and by defend I generally mean attack people for criticizing and holding their money, that are irrational.

I know S/S was not everything people had hoped so I can see where you might deem that settling, but how did Game Freak or Nin lie to people about S/S ?  Legit question there, sorry not a fan of the series so although I have bought many iterations of the games for the kids I've never played one myself or followed news of them that closely.