Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Warcraft 3:Reforged] - Stuff hits the fan - Update Feb/04 - Blizz answer added

Huge fan of RTS games but I never cared for Warcraft 3. Warcraft 2 on the other hand was quite enjoyable.

Around the Network

Still no response from Blizzard but they are offering refunds now: https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/ey4qvr/blizzard_is_offering_automated_instant_refunds_now/
That's good, however this is obviously not being done because they suddenly gained common sense and decency, but to avoid lawsuits.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Still no response from Blizzard but they are offering refunds now: https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/ey4qvr/blizzard_is_offering_automated_instant_refunds_now/
That's good, however this is obviously not being done because they suddenly gained common sense and decency, but to avoid lawsuits.

I wonder if this is all part of a studied protocol to avoid as many refunds as possible. Frustrate the refund process all you can without making it impossible, and just before people are threatening to sue, allow the refunds. How many people just gave up their refund, I wonder...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I wonder if this is all part of a studied protocol to avoid as many refunds as possible. Frustrate the refund process all you can without making it impossible, and just before people are threatening to sue, allow the refunds. How many people just gave up their refund, I wonder...

If that does indeed turn out to be true, then I'd honestly vie for lawmakers to create a new law just for that specific act, because I can actually see that being a scummy thing for any company like Blizz to do, and tbh, it's clearly skirting the line on purpose. 

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Yep, especially after there had been talks in the forums about a class-action lawsuit and the tiny little fact that Australia forced Bethesda to refund Fallout 76 as that's the right of all Australians and thus must be possible there, yet was until shortly almost impossible.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Alcyon said:

I never realised that Pokemon S/S was a remastered version. And please, srop with see the good old "if they enjoy it, they must be stupid. And young". This level of arrogance is over 9000.

Pokemon S/S could have been much better games. But saying that Pokemon S/S and Warcraft reforged are on the same level of lazyness is showing a big lack of mental capacity. And even if they were as lazy as Blizzard, they didn't downgrade the old games. Poekmon S/S was probably developped for the 3DS, so I can understand most of the issues. 

He did not say the situation was exactly the same, just that they are similar with customers settling for inferior products and accepting being lied to.

I don't like the idea of bashing the consumer, sure they're enabling anti-consumer shit, but ultimately it's the company's fault for taking advantage of them. Those who just buy n enjoy the product but still acknowledge it's flaws are totally fine. People are free to buy whatever makes them happy and not buy whatever doesn't. It's only those who defend, and by defend I generally mean attack people for criticizing and holding their money, that are irrational.

I know S/S was not everything people had hoped so I can see where you might deem that settling, but how did Game Freak or Nin lie to people about S/S ?  Legit question there, sorry not a fan of the series so although I have bought many iterations of the games for the kids I've never played one myself or followed news of them that closely. 

RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:
What does “you will execute any future assignments” mean anyway.

"If you create any mod for this game, you will be Blizzard's bitch. In case we send you any message, you are obligated to obey our orders."

Because Blizzard is either so sure of it's years of brainwashing or just stupid, or both, It made it's activation code literal'

BTW I voted both 

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update/18425

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Marth said:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update/18425

What a half arsed apology. Sure they are promising to stick to the product they released, but they are seemingly staying put with not putting those better cutscenes back in, nor changing the ToS for the custom maps. Not good enough Blizzard.

Return the original client back to it's normal state.

Revoke the scummy ToS.

Put back the cutscenes that were shown during the 2018 demo preview.

I'm pretty sad about all of this. I was really looking forward to play Warcraft III again, but I won't bother until this mess is done.