By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Warcraft 3:Reforged] - Stuff hits the fan - Update Feb/04 - Blizz answer added

RolStoppable said:
S.Peelman said:
What does “you will execute any future assignments” mean anyway.

"If you create any mod for this game, you will be Blizzard's bitch. In case we send you any message, you are obligated to obey our orders."

Because Blizzard is either so sure of it's years of brainwashing or just stupid, or both, It made it's activation code literal'

BTW I voted both 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Marth said:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update/18425

What a half arsed apology. Sure they are promising to stick to the product they released, but they are seemingly staying put with not putting those better cutscenes back in, nor changing the ToS for the custom maps. Not good enough Blizzard.

Return the original client back to it's normal state.

Revoke the scummy ToS.

Put back the cutscenes that were shown during the 2018 demo preview.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm pretty sad about all of this. I was really looking forward to play Warcraft III again, but I won't bother until this mess is done.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Marth said:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update/18425

Thanks, will add the link at the first post.

Pretty crazy how they blatantly admit they released a bugged game with missing features (online/MMR) as if releasing half-baked products to update them later was totally fine.

I mean, I know this has happened many times in the industry, but never seen a company take a stand as they were were RIGHT to do it.

Just wow Blizzard are beyond help with this one.

https://twitter.com/NeburaART/status/1225088631620218880?s=20

Reforged basically replaces the original game's client even if you haven't bought it so if your PC can't run Reforged you can't play the original and Blizzard will tell you to get a new PC to play the original despite the fact you paid for it.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

Reforged basically replaces the original game's client even if you haven't bought it so if your PC can't run Reforged you can't play the original and Blizzard will tell you to get a new PC to play the original despite the fact you paid for it.

"Do you guys not have new PC's?" 

Seriously, customer service be fucking damned. Blizzard keeps on digging to a new low. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

The_Yoda said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

He did not say the situation was exactly the same, just that they are similar with customers settling for inferior products and accepting being lied to.

I don't like the idea of bashing the consumer, sure they're enabling anti-consumer shit, but ultimately it's the company's fault for taking advantage of them. Those who just buy n enjoy the product but still acknowledge it's flaws are totally fine. People are free to buy whatever makes them happy and not buy whatever doesn't. It's only those who defend, and by defend I generally mean attack people for criticizing and holding their money, that are irrational.

I know S/S was not everything people had hoped so I can see where you might deem that settling, but how did Game Freak or Nin lie to people about S/S ?  Legit question there, sorry not a fan of the series so although I have bought many iterations of the games for the kids I've never played one myself or followed news of them that closely. 

I hadn't actually played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Blue in the 90's on the Original Gameboy...

But currently working my way through Pokemon Shield... And honestly, it's a very ugly game.. - Especially as I just finished up Links Awakening before that which was artistically charming.
Clearly the game was built for the 3DS and not the Switch in mind... In saying that, I wasn't aware that it was a remaster? Galar is a new region and there is new, unique Pokemon in the game?

Either way, I am enjoying it for what it is, I don't have the same excitement/addiction over it like I did with Pokemon Blue though when that first came out.

Wyrdness said:

Pretty sure the same thing happened with StarCraft remastered... Which made it difficult playing it on a 486-66. :P

Chazore said:

"Do you guys not have new PC's?" 

Seriously, customer service be fucking damned. Blizzard keeps on digging to a new low. 

Yeah. Lack of "Give a shit" factor from Blizzard.
I guess the proverbial poop will keep hitting the proverbial fan until they bow to community pressure.

They obviously need an Empathy consultant like the Australian Prime Minister.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Machina said:

I never liked WarCraft, was always the lesser of the big three series that Blizzard cultivated in the 90s and early 00s for me and I just couldn't get into it, but I do feel for WarCraft fans. This is the first time modern Blizzard has touched the traditional WarCraft IP, and now they're having done to them what StarCraft and Diablo fans experienced years back.

Modern Blizzard doesn't deserve to have these IPs. The people working there now didn't create the originals and it damn well shows. They neither respect the people that made those games nor realise what made them so well loved (I think that became clear with the team discussion leaks following the launch of Diablo III, which were filled with arrogance and derision directed at the original devs). Heck, they can't even do a simple remaster justice it seems, let alone a sequel. I fear for Diablo IV.

Edit - Also thank fuck Valve got Icefrog and the Dota IP over Blizzard. Valve isn't perfect, but they at least cultivated Dota and its community, and turned it into a great game and a leading esport. Blizzard would've done neither, as HotS shows.

It seems to me as though Blziz has that bratty mentality of being both a sdore loser over Valve picking up that team, as well as not being top spot or first to the Moba scene. It's been made evident by their lacking care for HotS, as well as the fact that their new ToS for WCIIIR means that they 100% want the next Dota on ownership lock down.

I hate that they allowed themselves to be absorbed by Activision, because it's become so increasingly clear to me over the years, that Activision is the sole player in this partnership that's been making things worse. We all know how strong Bobby is in regards to control and what really goes on around both companies. Why else would Blizz's founding fathers leave so abruptly one after another in the span of 5-6 years?.

Now, without any founding fathers, Blizz is basically a shell of it's former self, as well as those 800+ staff that were let go previously as well. It's like all Blizz is focused on these days is China+esports+multiplayer, rather than single player, co-op and offline gameplay, as well as good storytelling. God I miss the old Blizz so dearly now. 

But in all seriousness, fuck Activision. I wish those guys were removed from this industry for the shit they cause (I want High Moon Studios back, dammit).

Pemalite said:
The_Yoda said:

I know S/S was not everything people had hoped so I can see where you might deem that settling, but how did Game Freak or Nin lie to people about S/S ?  Legit question there, sorry not a fan of the series so although I have bought many iterations of the games for the kids I've never played one myself or followed news of them that closely. 

I hadn't actually played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Blue in the 90's on the Original Gameboy...

But currently working my way through Pokemon Shield... And honestly, it's a very ugly game.. - Especially as I just finished up Links Awakening before that which was artistically charming.
Clearly the game was built for the 3DS and not the Switch in mind... In saying that, I wasn't aware that it was a remaster? Galar is a new region and there is new, unique Pokemon in the game?

Either way, I am enjoying it for what it is, I don't have the same excitement/addiction over it like I did with Pokemon Blue though when that first came out.

About Pokemon S/S, that's exactly how I feel. The game looks like a game developped for the 3DS but, in the middle of the development, they switched to the Switch. They should have delayed the game, but I can at least understand that Game Freak isn't a charity. I won't accept another half-finished game, but Blizzard reached another level with this "reforged":

1) The original is downgraded.

2) The game is bugged.

3) False advertasing.

"First off, we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted" - lol so it's the fans fault for expecting a good game that delivers on what you said it would, but what I'm more interested in is how they seem to be proud of what they've made. Just shows their lack of integrity and passion, the audacity to claim they love Warcraft 3 after butchering not only the remaster but the original as well, yet they decided not to upgrade the cut scenes for preservations sake!? The state of the original wasn't even addressed, nor was the EULA. Guess those are part of the questions that they're willfully ignoring.