By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Exclusive new FPS built from the ground up for Wii: Conduit

man graphic of this game make fun of all games we could seen on ps360 if they can pull that kind of thing than assasins creed or gta 4 could be done on wii(basically every game on ps360 can be on the wii with the same graphic only with lower resolution).

Around the Network
Audiomatic said:
brawl4life said:
ummm we have more then 2 screen shots to be excited about !

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/imgs_1.html

tech demo:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/vids_1.html

Games they developed list
http://games.ign.com/objects/027/027174.html

ok, there are more screens, thats good. Im not saying anything negative about the game...dont get me wrong here. The tech demo u presented looks like a game from 2004 but i guess looks good for wii, as for the list of games they developed, well, most of them that actually know and played are crap.

My piont though is different and 'cause u didnt get it, i cant be bother explaining. Its quite obvious

Granted their history is bad and all but after reading the article it looks like they know what their talking about. They looked at Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of Honor 2 controls and built an engine straight from the ground up not a port. Even going further by saying most game on the wii looks like crap and developers aren't taking advantage of the wii. It might be them just trying to convince people,but this sure as hell makes the title worth looking into for me atleast. These paragraphs got me hyped for the game ............. 

High Voltage calls The Conduit a straightforward first-person shooter in the style of Halo, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 or Resistance: Fall of Man – basically, fast, run-and-gun battles and stylized weapons. The Conduit also features advanced enemy artificial intelligence enabling "human-like behavior" and a special device called the All Seeing Eye (or ASE), which, according to the studio, allows players to "reveal concealed objects and enemies, providing a deeper level of puzzle-solving."

The developer has looked closely at the competition not only where theme and pace are concerned, but also gameplay controls. To that end, The Conduit will include a very customizable control scheme very similar to the one in EA's Heroes 2, which offered a fully tweakable bounding box in addition to Wii remote sensitivity settings. High Voltage's Eric Nofsinger, chief creative officer, says that the developer turned not only to Heroes 2, but Metroid Prime 3 for inspiration.

"We think it's a real shame that publishers and developers aren't taking advantage of the technical possibilities of the Wii platform. Most Wii games don't even look as good as the later day PS2 titles and that's a real slap in the face to consumers," seconds Kerry Ganofsky, CEO and founder, High Voltage Software. "We believe that third-party developers need to step up to the plate and deliver. The Wii platform is capable of a lot more than what consumers have seen so far. We're hoping to raise a new bar."

Nofsinger takes it a step farther. "Most of the games on the Wii look like crap. We want to change that, so we've invested heavily in our Wii tech over the past year. We have real-time normal mapping, reflection and refraction, post process full screen effects, real-time shadows, projected lights and textures, specularity and fresnel effects, emissive and iridescent materials, interactive water, morphing, and much more all running with a rock solid frame rate on the Wii. Our goal is to be the most technically innovative Wii developer on the planet."

I think EA should publish this. They really lack in the mature Wii department. This would give them a good title for the holidays.

I'd imagine that every big publisher wants a big holiday game on Wii given the current sales. Ubisoft, Activision and EA should be thankful that a developer pays this out of it's own pocket and delivers a near finished product. I don't understand the decision makers in these big companies, I really don't. They're way too conservative and missing business opportunities because of that.

The game looks very good. I usually buy 1 or 2 FPS per gen, because I don't really like the genre, but this might become a nice purchase. (Last gen was XIII, because I love European comic books).

brawl4life said:
Audiomatic said:
brawl4life said:
ummm we have more then 2 screen shots to be excited about !

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/imgs_1.html

tech demo:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/vids_1.html

Games they developed list
http://games.ign.com/objects/027/027174.html

ok, there are more screens, thats good. Im not saying anything negative about the game...dont get me wrong here. The tech demo u presented looks like a game from 2004 but i guess looks good for wii, as for the list of games they developed, well, most of them that actually know and played are crap.

My piont though is different and 'cause u didnt get it, i cant be bother explaining. Its quite obvious

Granted their history is bad and all but after reading the article it looks like they know what their talking about. They looked at Metroid Prime 3 and Medal of Honor 2 controls and built an engine straight from the ground up not a port. Even going further by saying most game on the wii looks like crap and developers aren't taking advantage of the wii. It might be them just trying to convince people,but this sure as hell makes the title worth looking into for me atleast. These paragraphs got me hyped for the game ............. 

High Voltage calls The Conduit a straightforward first-person shooter in the style of Halo, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 or Resistance: Fall of Man – basically, fast, run-and-gun battles and stylized weapons. The Conduit also features advanced enemy artificial intelligence enabling "human-like behavior" and a special device called the All Seeing Eye (or ASE), which, according to the studio, allows players to "reveal concealed objects and enemies, providing a deeper level of puzzle-solving."

The developer has looked closely at the competition not only where theme and pace are concerned, but also gameplay controls. To that end, The Conduit will include a very customizable control scheme very similar to the one in EA's Heroes 2, which offered a fully tweakable bounding box in addition to Wii remote sensitivity settings. High Voltage's Eric Nofsinger, chief creative officer, says that the developer turned not only to Heroes 2, but Metroid Prime 3 for inspiration.

"We think it's a real shame that publishers and developers aren't taking advantage of the technical possibilities of the Wii platform. Most Wii games don't even look as good as the later day PS2 titles and that's a real slap in the face to consumers," seconds Kerry Ganofsky, CEO and founder, High Voltage Software. "We believe that third-party developers need to step up to the plate and deliver. The Wii platform is capable of a lot more than what consumers have seen so far. We're hoping to raise a new bar."

Nofsinger takes it a step farther. "Most of the games on the Wii look like crap. We want to change that, so we've invested heavily in our Wii tech over the past year. We have real-time normal mapping, reflection and refraction, post process full screen effects, real-time shadows, projected lights and textures, specularity and fresnel effects, emissive and iridescent materials, interactive water, morphing, and much more all running with a rock solid frame rate on the Wii. Our goal is to be the most technically innovative Wii developer on the planet."

Look its ok to get excited, and probably the wii is more than capable to run FPS normaly, but anyway no point arguing. Im used to 2008 games myself and anything else for me looks crap, so this one too. I cant lower my expectations sorry, i moved from last gen. I hope u all enjoy the game and that it lives up to ur needs.

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Game looks good but I'll have to keep a watch on it. Nothing to get too excited about.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

The best thing i can see is their attitude to the whole thing.. the (enlarged) screens aren't much to go by since its so early in development.. but i will be eagerly waiting to see if these guys can also walk the walk

The game looks simply amazing IMO, I love the graphics, the tech is what I like most, since now no one should have an excuse to not have a great looking Wii game, all around I'm going to fully back this game! Seriously this looks better then anything Xbox ever put out, and personally I've seen some 360 games look worse (yes I play the 360 in SD its a SIN blah blah but still SD to SD comparison it looks good vs some of 360s games), so now Wii third party efforts are starting to look fruitful.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

The buildings and textures are horrible, the creature designs mediocre and forgettable, but it's still better than nothing.  Timesplitters 4 is very likely being made for the Wii so maybe this game will fill the void until that one is released.

Legend11 said:
The buildings and textures are horrible, the creature designs mediocre and forgettable,

Edit: I should have left that quote there, but I guess i'll be a nice guy

I think most were talking about the tech demo. The textures are tiled to death though.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Legend11 said:
The buildings and textures are horrible, the creature designs mediocre and forgettable, but it's still better than nothing. Timesplitters 4 is very likely being made for the Wii so maybe this game will fill the void until that one is released.

Wait so because you don't like a few textures the game will be nothing more than "ok"?  I mean I agree they could do something with the building textures (and they have plenty of time yet) but the creatures look pretty damn good and the game sounds extremely promising...so why so dismissive over such a minor complaint?

To Each Man, Responsibility