Forums - General Discussion - The LGBT thread (Revisited)

Runa216 said:
Jaicee said:

The question has been asked: "What would you like to see this thread used for if at all?"

My answer is anything. Politics, video games, the topic ideas Runa listed on the last page, why Runa keeps posting here despite ostensibly finding this thread a worthless and counter-productive "hate crime" (), whatevs, it's all good with me! Gay stuff. Very, very gay stuff. Stuff that's so gay it's homusexual with a glittery U. (Some fellow American will understand that joke.) And trans stuff is appropriate too. Also Enrico's troll posts. He should be granted a trolling ban exemption because, like movies that are "so bad they're good", his non-efforts are so uniquely pathetic that they provide the rest of us with legitimate value: laughter.

Actually, what I'd personally like to discuss right now is the weighty topic of the new She-Ra (gayest cartoon in history) season 5 trailer. I'll get us started: Are you excited or are you brain-dead?

I keep posting here because I - like Pepperidge farm - remember when this thread was actually fun and I want to be a part of it when it inevitably comes back to being fun. Or at least interesting. I also didn't agree with the direction I thought it was going and wanted to get it back on topic. 

You and I seem to want the same thing, here. why call me out because I'm being vocal? Isn't that...sort of the point? On a forum? 

Oh so that is what the pepperidge farm meme is,as a non American,Canadian it was kinda weird seeing people commenting about that and the whole memeculture has been so out of control that it loses my interest.

Bolded: Eh nothing wrong with being vocal so long that it does not turn into an US politics thread 2.0 with the same people going at eachother and other the forumdwellers staying out of it because their comments get lost in the conflict.

Question: Did you ever feel akward or unsure what to do around a gay person and if so, how did you learn from it or deal with that situation?(while growing up)

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Runa216 said:

I keep posting here because I - like Pepperidge farm - remember when this thread was actually fun and I want to be a part of it when it inevitably comes back to being fun. Or at least interesting. I also didn't agree with the direction I thought it was going and wanted to get it back on topic. 

You and I seem to want the same thing, here. why call me out because I'm being vocal? Isn't that...sort of the point? On a forum? 

Oh so that is what the pepperidge farm meme is,as a non American,Canadian it was kinda weird seeing people commenting about that and the whole memeculture has been so out of control that it loses my interest.

Bolded: Eh nothing wrong with being vocal so long that it does not turn into an US politics thread 2.0 with the same people going at eachother and other the forumdwellers staying out of it because their comments get lost in the conflict.

Question: Did you ever feel akward or unsure what to do around a gay person and if so, how did you learn from it or deal with that situation?(while growing up)

I didn't really know any gay people when I was growing up... Or rather I should say I didn't know any openly gay people growing up.  I'm sure I knew some closeted people.

I didn't really know that many until college and... I didn't exactly dislike them, but I had at that point in time (and still do to a lesser extent) a kind of trolly sense of humor.  My idea was I make fun of a lot of people for different reasons, so being gay was just one of those, and should be as fair game as anything else would be.  I don't think anyone back then would call me homophobic, but insensitive might have been an apt term.

When I became a comedian and started really getting to know gay people and more about their experiences, I started to get why that was the wrong way to think (ironically comedians making me realize why certain things shouldn't be joking about).  I think living in a pretty liberal place, I didn't quite realize that people faced real hardcore discrimination for being gay.

On a side note I apparently give off pretty gay vibes cause I've been approached by men on numerous occasions with propositions XD.  As long as they're respectful about it, it actually tends to make my day and give me confidence.  My self esteem can be low sometimes so knowing someone wants to fuck me is a pick me up.  But it's also kind of frustrating, because it's like I have all of this currency, but it's only good in a country I'll never visit.

Immersiveunreality said:

After I came out (or was kind of pushed out) it was awkward for me because I was still into a lot of nerdy stuff but didn't know any other gay person that was into the same things. It was awkward at first but I've learned over the years that there are people that have similar interests. I think that's one reason I have always loved the idea of having a gaymers section because VGChartz was one of the first places that I felt accepted as both gay and a geek. 

Runa216 said:
Jaicee said:

The question has been asked: "What would you like to see this thread used for if at all?"

My answer is anything. Politics, video games, the topic ideas Runa listed on the last page, why Runa keeps posting here despite ostensibly finding this thread a worthless and counter-productive "hate crime" (), whatevs, it's all good with me! Gay stuff. Very, very gay stuff. Stuff that's so gay it's homusexual with a glittery U. (Some fellow American will understand that joke.) And trans stuff is appropriate too. Also Enrico's troll posts. He should be granted a trolling ban exemption because, like movies that are "so bad they're good", his non-efforts are so uniquely pathetic that they provide the rest of us with legitimate value: laughter.

Actually, what I'd personally like to discuss right now is the weighty topic of the new She-Ra (gayest cartoon in history) season 5 trailer. I'll get us started: Are you excited or are you brain-dead?

I was joking!! I do that. A lot. It was just a funny formulation you had made, so thought I'd add it to the rest of my deeply serious answer to Axumblade.

People shouldn't take everything I say as seriously hostile. Messing with people is often part of how I make friends! I have an, as JweinCom aptly described the phenom, "trolly sense of humor". Just ask the raccoon.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 03 May 2020

Immersiveunreality said:

When I was in elementary school, I used to often chase other girls who I thought had pretty hair around the playground trying to touch it. They seemed to uniformly hate this and steered clear of me. On the first day of 7th grade (which is the first day of middle school in my area) though, a girl sat next to me and asked if I wanted to touch her hair. Was that awkward for me? I was trembling! I had no idea how to respond, so I just went along with it, which fortunately led to more relaxed conversation. I happened to be reading an entry in The Nancy Drew Files at the time, which led her to reveal that she read Nancy Drew as well. I was even to soon discover that she had a computer, whereupon she invited me over and introduced me to Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego?. I hadn't known any other girls who liked playing video games when boys weren't around. Things proceeded from there. The discovery of shared interests was what made things more comfortable.

Our relationship lasted until the following June when her family moved away. It was never super formal since we were kinda young (our "dates" easily passed for normal youthful outings that flew under the radar), but we did get a little physical eventually. As I shared on another thread last year, she's actually the main reason why a rather obscure computer game called Chop Suey always ranks in near the top of my favorite games lists.

To answer your second question, I learned a little bit about how better to break the ice in conversations from the whole experience. Now if only I could find something in common with other human beings today...

Last edited by Jaicee - on 03 May 2020

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Runa216 said:

It was never a problem for me. Maybe it was my upbringing (Sexuality was the one thing my parents taught me that they didn't fuck up; they were quite progressive in that department, they were just shitty in other ways. No, I was not abused), or maybe it's just that I'm in Canada, but being gay was never stigmatized here. I mean, kids would call people fags, but kids are shitty. Even as a kid, my teachers, parents, and friends all seemed to agree that there was nothing wrong with being gay and that some people just were and that's not a problem. It was normalized for me as long as I can remember. and, like I said, despite some kids being shitty and calling people gay or whatever, I never saw it treated poorly. 

Then I met people from around the world and realized...holy shit, some countries out there genuinely are terrible. I wasn't racist as a kid, but in some specific cases, I kinda am now. I'm very hateful towards any groups or nationalities where homosexuality is outlawed and I'm pretty aggressively anti-saudi/middle eastern for the bullshit way they treat women and gay folks. Keep in mind, I'm not against Muslims or anything, just the middle eastern nations themselves and the people who perpetuate the bigotry. I'm about as anti-hate as you get when it comes to, you know, people just livin' their lives. Muslims/etc in Canada are fine. Christians in Canada are fine. Muslims in the middle east can be terrible, and so can Christians. It's a regional thing, not a religion/skin colour thing. wow, I think I just buried myself pretty deeply. 

then again, it's not the race, it's not the creed, it's not the religion, it's the actions. I guess it's different to hate someone for what they say and do than what they are or what they believe. I guess it's not racism, I just hate shitty bigots. Not the same thing. 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Jaicee said:
Runa216 said:

I was joking!! I do that. A lot. It was just a funny formulation you had made, so thought I'd add it to the rest of my deeply serious answer to Axumblade.

People shouldn't take everything I say as seriously hostile. Messing with people is often part of how I make friends! I have an, as JweinCom aptly described the phenom, "trolly sense of humor". Just ask the raccoon.

I did not catch that! Hard to tell sometimes, even with an emoji.

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Jaicee said:
Immersiveunreality said:

When I was in elementary school, I used to often chase other girls who I thought had pretty hair around the playground trying to touch it. They seemed to uniformly hate this and steered clear of me. On the first day of 7th grade (which is the first day of middle school in my area) though, a girl sat next to me and asked if I wanted to touch her hair. Was that awkward for me? I was trembling! I had no idea how to respond, so I just went along with it, which fortunately led to more relaxed conversation. I happened to be reading an entry in The Nancy Drew Files at the time, which led her to reveal that she read Nancy Drew as well. I was even to soon discover that she had a computer, whereupon she invited me over and introduced me to Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego?. I hadn't known any other girls who liked playing video games when boys weren't around. Things proceeded from there. The discovery of shared interests was what made things more comfortable.

Our relationship lasted until the following June when her family moved away. It was never super formal since we were kinda young (our "dates" easily passed for normal youthful outings that flew under the radar), but we did get a little physical eventually. As I shared on another thread last year, she's actually the main reason why a rather obscure computer game called Chop Suey always ranks in near the top of my favorite games lists.

To answer your second question, I learned a little bit about how better to break the ice in conversations from the whole experience. Now if only I could find something in common with other human beings today...

Every bit of this makes me smile. 

I wish I had some sort of cutesy tale of flirtation with other boys or something, but I wasn't bisexual until I grew up. I liked, uh 'being a bottom', but not for boys if that makes any sense (Fingers, toys, produce, whatever, I just didn't like being with other guys). Then, I grew up a bit, tried to pretend I was straight 'but I liked butt stuff' (which was and kinda sorta is still true...it's complicated as fuck), when everyone was trying to make me 'come out'. 

I could write a whole book about my sexual preferences, my journey to realizing who/what I am, and my general opinions on the matter, but I should be spending that time writing a novel or something. 

As it stands...I'm just 'fluid' in basically every day. I run the gamut from completely asexual (As in, the thought of having sex actively repels me) to being so horny for a partner I'll do anyone. I range from identifying as my birth gender - male - to being exclusively female to the point where I actually get offended if people call me a man (I don't speak it outwardly, as I can't reasonably expect anyone to keep up with my fluctuating moods.) I go from having guys completely gross me out (Straight as an arrow) to wanting every guy I see (Gay as fuuuuuuuck), while also fluctuating. sometimes I want all the sex, sometimes I don't want anyone touching me and the thought of being intimate just makes me super uncomfortable. 

My default setting is asexual and agendered. like 90% of the time I have absolutely no interest in sex, regardless of gender...while not conforming to either gender identity. That's why I stopped correcting people whenever they assigned me a gender. people IRL see me as male, and I'm fine with that because sometimes I Feel that way. Online I tend to present as female, because oftentimes I feel that way (And the allure of it being something I am not IRL makes it the more appealing of the two options; forbidden fruit or something). 

I want to get a Gender Reassignment Surgery and have since I was a teenager, but I know it'll never happen for a few reasons. I don't HATE my male body, I'm not suffering any sort of gender dysphoria or anything. I don't agree with or idealize any gender stereotypes, so the idea of 'living as a woman for a year' while under hormonal treatment sounds like hell to me, because society's image of a woman is not the same as my chosen manner of expression (No dresses or high heels or makeup, I'd act the exact same, but I'd have female parts instead of male parts). Also, I hate breasts and would never want them, and I know the hormones would change that. 

I'd never pass a psychological test, I'd not be willing to do what most psychologists demand before allowing the procedure, and I'm not suffering, so it'd never happen. I just feel it's sort of a 35/65 split in favour of female. not 100/0 or anything. Or, more likely, 70 neutral, 20 female, 10 male. 

And this...this post here? This is why I mostly keep this shit to myself. I know what I am, but it fluctuates and changes with such frequency that explaining it is remarkably challenging and I don't want to be identified as some wannabe special snowflake seeking attention. I don't want attention, I mostly just want to be left alone (which is what most LGBT+ people want). I love discussing it, but I'm aware that I sound like some overly sensitive, liberal arts major with too many letters after their name. Anyone who meets me knows that's not me, but any time I try to explain myself, I sound exactly like the kind of person that 'traditionalists' love to disparage and disrespect. 

Even though I could probably kick the ass of most of those 'hardedged masculine' types. 

Ideally, my body would be devoid of any externally visible genitals. No penis, no testicles, no breasts, not particularly curvy hips...just a barbie without any body hair. That's my lifelong goal. 

It'll never happen, and I've come to terms with that. I think self-awareness is important, especially when it comes to gender identity and sexuality. 

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

did I dun gone and killed the thread again?

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

Runa216 said:
did I dun gone and killed the thread again?

I don't think so. I found your post very interesting, gives me some perspective on how complex someone's sexuality can be. Makes my "I'm a dude who likes dudes" situation look pretty simple by comparison.

Signature goes here!