By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Nautilus said:
John2290 said:

You keep forgetting about others. The world doesn't revolve around you. 

Neither around you.

Stop being so egoistic and think about others when you try to tell them what they must do with their lifes.

So he is egoistic because he believes people shouldn't go around and infect people while they might not even know that they are infected themselves? Yes, very egoistic. You are definitely the better human in this case. 

Around the Network

Italy today:

2547 new cases and 250 more deaths. I don't want to know what would happen in some weeks without these extreme measurements. Probably thousands of deaths every single day just in this country alone.

At the rate it's been going the last few days, Italy will surpass China's reported death toll in a little over a week.

crissindahouse said:
Nautilus said:

Nah, just pissed at fools like you that can't think straight when the reality is that living your daily life has a bigger chance of killing you and your family than this disease has.

Fools are th4e ones that piss me off.

You are the one who doesn't understand two simple things:

1. This disease will only kill so "few" people because of all these measurements which will obviously reduce the numbers by a huge margin. Here in Germany we have around 4000 traffic related deaths per year if I'm not wrong. If everyone would laugh so much about this disease as you do and politicians would also act like you do, we would have a lot more deaths in Germany after a year. So much about your "car accident" example from another post.

2. It doesn't help me to know that I won't die even when infected but also knowing that I will on average infect 2-3 more people who then will infect 2-3 more each to be responsible for 100+ infected people after some time. Because just for "I'm annoyed" there would be probably at least one death coming from my infection. 

But hey, it's up to you if you don't care that a 70 years old guy will die some weeks after you infected some other people it's up to you. 

*sigh* It's not that I dont agree with many measures being taken, but with some, such as forcibly closing the commerce.The regular, street commerce for example.

Let me put it this way, and use your own words against you:

But hey, it's up to you if you don't care that a 70 years old guy will die some months after his son or grandson has no money to pay for his medication or to have money for an emergency procedure at a private hospital(since the public ones will be full) because he couldn't work for months, and the government is too busy fixing this whole mess to help you.Or that his pension isn't being paid because the whole economy went to shit.But hey, it's up to you. 

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Crises, manufactured and not, bring about the best...and worst...in people. Think about the example you want to set.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Nautilus said:

Neither around you.

Stop being so egoistic and think about others when you try to tell them what they must do with their lifes.

So he is egoistic because he believes people shouldn't go around and infect people while they might not even know that they are infected themselves? Yes, very egoistic. You are definitely the better human in this case. 

Finally we agree on something.Thank you!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

John2290 said:
Nautilus said:

Neither around you.

You just need time to come to terms with it, it's not that bad, it's some hardship for a short time to save lives and stop a luch, much worse hardship from happening. We'll keep this from getting into the millions of dead at the very least and letting economy get crushed which will save lives down the line but most importantly right now we will save those who are the first in line to die. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture and be sensible, man. 

I am, and that's why Im saying these stuff for you and the others.

Having tunnel vision just because there is an outbreak of a virus that isn't even THAT dangerous and with the governments around the world already taking the necessary measures will just worsen the situation.

Panicking about it now will result into what you have been witnessing:People hoarding products, which in turn will lead to scarcity of these same products that, if people were more calm about this whole situation, could be prevented.This way, everyone would have access to hand sanitizes for example, and that could help reduce the number of people being affected.

The same goes for economy.If you go nuclear about this, forget about the virus, we will probably even miss this period.People will die because they won't be able to afford their medical bills when this crisis hits.

So that's why is so important to take just the necessary measures to combat this outbreak, without destroying every other aspect of our society.

Nautilus said:
crissindahouse said:

You are the one who doesn't understand two simple things:

1. This disease will only kill so "few" people because of all these measurements which will obviously reduce the numbers by a huge margin. Here in Germany we have around 4000 traffic related deaths per year if I'm not wrong. If everyone would laugh so much about this disease as you do and politicians would also act like you do, we would have a lot more deaths in Germany after a year. So much about your "car accident" example from another post.

2. It doesn't help me to know that I won't die even when infected but also knowing that I will on average infect 2-3 more people who then will infect 2-3 more each to be responsible for 100+ infected people after some time. Because just for "I'm annoyed" there would be probably at least one death coming from my infection. 

But hey, it's up to you if you don't care that a 70 years old guy will die some weeks after you infected some other people it's up to you. 

*sigh* It's not that I dont agree with many measures being taken, but with some, such as forcibly closing the commerce.The regular, street commerce for example.

But hey, it's up to you if you don't care that a 70 years old guy will die some months after his son or grandson has no money to pay for his medication or to have money for an emergency procedure at a private hospital(since the public ones will be full) because he couldn't work for months, and the government is too busy fixing this whole mess to help you.Or that his pension isn't being paid because the whole economy went to shit.But hey, it's up to you. 

Next flaw in your logic. You don't help anyone financially if you just let every store run like before. It would just cost even more in the long run because you would  reach so many deaths a day in USA alone that people wouldn't even go outside anymore even with open stores. It wouldn't be cheaper to let people still fly around just to save airlines because people wouldn't even want to fly anymore if you would reach the number of deaths experts believe we would reach. 

Yes, this virus is that bad if anything we see in Italy even with extreme measurements is a hint.  

But let's be honest here. You just think about yourself right now without even understanding that even you would have more problems as you will have now if the world would only do what you think should be done. 

Nautilus said:
John2290 said:

You just need time to come to terms with it, it's not that bad, it's some hardship for a short time to save lives and stop a luch, much worse hardship from happening. We'll keep this from getting into the millions of dead at the very least and letting economy get crushed which will save lives down the line but most importantly right now we will save those who are the first in line to die. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture and be sensible, man. 

I am, and that's why Im saying these stuff for you and the others.

Having tunnel vision just because there is an outbreak of a virus that isn't even THAT dangerous and with the governments around the world already taking the necessary measures will just worsen the situation.

Panicking about it now will result into what you have been witnessing:People hoarding products, which in turn will lead to scarcity of these same products that, if people were more calm about this whole situation, could be prevented.This way, everyone would have access to hand sanitizes for example, and that could help reduce the number of people being affected.

The same goes for economy.If you go nuclear about this, forget about the virus, we will probably even miss this period.People will die because they won't be able to afford their medical bills when this crisis hits.

So that's why is so important to take just the necessary measures to combat this outbreak, without destroying every other aspect of our society.

I agree, all the panic only increases the damage and instead of focussing on the weak we tend to just focus on the bigger slice of people that do not have to face danger from this because now that we can get a slight cold from this it is suddenly important.

Now the weak will die from it and on top of that we get the economic damage from the panic,panic is never a resolve.

crissindahouse said:
Nautilus said:

Next flaw in your logic. You don't help anyone financially if you just let every store run like before. It would just cost even more in the long run because you would  reach so many deaths a day in USA alone that people wouldn't even go outside anymore even with open stores. It wouldn't be cheaper to let people still fly around just to save airlines because people wouldn't even want to fly anymore if you would reach the number of deaths experts believe we would reach. 

Yes, this virus is that bad if anything we see in Italy even with extreme measurements is a hint.  

But let's be honest here. You just think about yourself right now without even understanding that even you would have more problems as you will have now if the world would only do what you think should be done. 

Flaw?I never said every business should be open.Airlines should close because they are directly involved with the spread.These kind of business would be closed either way.

I mean regular commerce.Your neighbor market, the barbershop, the small restaurant just next door.People wouldn't stop going to those places, especially the ones that are essential.Those kind of business that are stupid for closing.Hell, even with Italy all in lock down, people are still going out, if any of the videos people send me through services like Whatsapp are to be believed.If I had to guess, they still have friends they wanna visit, things they gotta buy.Asking people to stay in for months(yes, months given the incubation period of this disease) is impossible.

And calm your balls.This disease won't kill as many as you think it will.Not even remotely close.As everyone said, the COVID-19 isn't that dangerous, and the biggest problem we will face is space in the hospitals.The real problem is people panicking like you are and doing stupid shit.Just read my previous post t6o understand why that is the real danger.