By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X out in the wild. (Images of the console)

SpokenTruth said:
The "box" moniker isn't supposed to be so.....literal.

Says who?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
SpokenTruth said:
The "box" moniker isn't supposed to be so.....literal.

Says who?

People who appreciate high quality consumer electronics design aesthetics.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

thismeintiel said:
It actually doesn't look that premium in the flesh. Maybe just because it's a prototype?

Possibly, I'm sure the unprofessional pic and it not being dusted off don't help either. However I think it's the matte over gloss that most makes it look underwhelming. I prefer matte, feels better to the touch and wont get fingerprints all over it, but gloss is prettyful. Not a big deal either way, surely people don't buy consoles to stare at it.

It looks too big.

PS5/Arcade Gamer

Mr Puggsly said:
What is the large rectangle port on the back? Is that for a memory card or something?

Also, where is the Kinect port?

Console looks fine, but that rectangle port seems the most interesting thing shown here.

What is next to the USB at the front? A button?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Never forget.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Never forget.

Rumor has it that as punishment he was forced to use that TV for all video games for the rest of his life.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Ngl this thing is huge for a console

SpokenTruth said:
Hynad said:

Says who?

People who appreciate high quality consumer electronics design aesthetics.

Regardless of it being explicitly labeled as a prototype on its back, we all know those appreciated aesthetics are necessarily the same for everyone. -_-

Hynad said:
JRPGfan said:

I wonder what a game for a quantum computer would even look like.

From what I understand, on or off states, with a quantum computer is more like Sometimes on, sometimes not, sometimes both, sometimes neither....
And that allows it to run many differnt branches at the same time, to problem solve. 
Which is supposedly great for math problems that take forever to calculate, or breaking incryptions.

However I doubt that sort of funktion, would have any benefits on gameing.

However no, it cant do "quantum gameing" because its just regular old x86 binary cpu in there :)
(which is probably a million times better for gameing anyways)

You are almost making sense. But quantum computing is exponentially faster than current cpu tech. And faster computing is always a plus for gaming.

The tech simply isn’t ready in its current state to be used on a consumer level.

*at certain task to which it is well suited.

Its not just exponentially faster at everything (from what I understand) (supposedly theres task it does alot slower than current x86 cpu's).

Anyways quantum computers, require them to run really cold.... and you need to calibrate it, everytime its shut down or moved.
Imagine everytime you wanted to turn on your console, it would take a few hours to cooldown first,
and lock some of these particles into place, with the right spin ect, before you could boot it up.

Its not practical to make a consumer grade, mass produced quantum computer, for a gameing console.
it would be alot more expensive, bigger, louder, require much more calibration (at each home), and slower for gameing related stuff (most likely).
Its a bad idea, atleast currently, maybe these things change in the future.